2012 FIFA Club World Cup

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by ChaDuRi671, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why the hell did i even stay up for this

Mudang repped this.
  2. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    LKH scored. Sad to see him lose like this.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There is still 5th/6th place matchoff vs Al Ahly/Sanfrecce Hiroshima.

Come on Hiroshima, come at us! ;)

Its Ulsan's first CWC. Its sad and very disappointing but lets only think about the positives. This is the first CWC for Ulsan...first...and lets hope we never see Kim Chi-gon and Kim Young-sam's face again...

4. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Worst timing to have an off day. Like they were there to lose.

5. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hwan Seok Ho on at halftime against Al Ahly.

Jitevra repped this.
  7. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    There goes Asia's chance at the spotlight.

8. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Those Mexican players were slick.

Jitevra repped this.
  9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Asia's spotlight was never and won't be in this tourny for a while. The fact that Ulsan won ACL says a lot about Korea and Japan's domestic leagues not to mention middle east, or rest of Asia.

That said, that was a pathetic display by Ulsan. Kim Shinwook up top thing doesn't work. I've never seen it work at NT level and he was so ineffective particularly with the nonexistent midfield.

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ulsan vs Sanfrecce Hiroshima for the 5th/6th place. Wednesday 4:40PM KST.

Its a relief we are facing Hiroshima because now there is a reason for the Ulsan players to play well. Better prize money, final farewell gift to the outgoing players, give back something to the disappointed fans, and....a chance to beat a J-league club in their own turf :D

TigersOfAsia and Mudang repped this.
  11. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lets not jump to ridiculous conclusions like suddenly Ulsan are the face of k-league. Ulsan while having good pieces all season has been inconsistent, tactically inept, and relying soley on their star players. if it were Seoul, Pohang, or Jeonbuk then maybe. but Ulsan....no

to me this was more indicative of the mexican teams taking this more seriously and tired of being knocked out early. keep in mind also Ulsans season is done while Monterrey is only halfway through their season.

Mudang repped this.
  12. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Monterrey barely made the playoffs of the LigaMX and haven't played a competitive match in a month. I don't know know where you got your info from but the LigaMX apertura 2013 doesn't start until january so the season is done.

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i didnt feel the need to delve into your odd way of doing things. that being said my point is simply that Ulsan played 44 league matches while Monterrey finished its first of two "mini seasons" and played 17 matches.

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    You could've just admitted you made a mistake in trying to justify the game.

Every team plays 17 regular season games per "mini season" not including the playoffs.

Your assumptions are wrong. Don't get so defensive.

15. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. Dude are you trying to makeup for a small penis or something? There's no one 'justifying' anything. If anything you and JSK are both overstating and understating subjective circumstances, with 'subjective' being the operative word. Calm down and move on. :rolleyes:

16. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He just said he didn't want to explain the complicated way the Mexican league is run, and Ulsan is an inconstant team that finished their season while Monterrey is in mid season. Just bringing up some points as to why Ulsan lost after everyone jumped on the Ulsan sucks train. No need to be so passive aggressive, this is just discussion about the K-league team. If you want to see praise for your team then here is not the place to come.

17. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you're arguing semantics. troll harder mate.

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Being in mid season form would require a season to begin with. Monterrey hasn't played a competitive game in a month.

Monterrey isn't even my team so I won't lose any sleep if you praise them or not.

That mid season excuse just doesn't hold any water, I mean, I don't know when Ulsan's last game was but Monterrey didn't have any advantage in that department and there was nothing passive aggressive about my original post, I merely corrected him.

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    nice post! you should throw in some more demands for admission and justification and I think you will win your really important Big Soccer "correction"!

20. salesman

salesman Member

May 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    how is Liga MX designed?
    heck, i don't even know how the K-league is formatted anymore...
    isn't it like the KBO playoff format?

21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Next up is the BigSoccer sour patch kid award which apparently has already been taken.

22. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You still came off as a snob looking for fight, even if you didn't intend it. Merely correcting him would not include "don't be so defensive" or accusing him being ignorant and justifying a game. If jsk doesn't want to understand that the mid season excuse isn't true than just leave him be. Don't badger him and spam this forum until he admits it.

23. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Fair enough.

The LigaMX is set up like the Argentine league. Instead of one year long season, it is split into two separate "tournaments" known as Clausura and Apertura. Both tournaments combined run from August to May, much like other leagues with a single season.

salesman repped this.
  24. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. yes I'm the sour patch kid when you're here in the Korea forum picking arguments. Right~! ;)

25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic