2012 Champions League KO rounds [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Dec 16, 2011.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    first leg 14, 15, 21 or 22 feb in lyon.
    return leg 6, 7, 13 et 14 march in nicosia

alors, heureux?

2. Gedonder

Gedonder Guest

We got Manchester United in the Europa League, which is much better than this. Thank your Croatian friends for screwing us in the group stage. ;)

Just kidding mate. Have a good day.

3. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well, it's as good as we could have hoped for. I thought for sure we were getting Barca.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we have to start praying for zenit in the quarters NOW.

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So much football crammed into so little time. I feel tired FOR the players!

ALLEZ OL!

[​IMG]

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [LINEUP-4-5-1]
    Lisandro,
    Bastos,
    Lacazette,
    Ederson,
    Källström,
    Gonalons,
    Cissokho,
    Cris,
    B.Kone,
    Réveillère,
    Lloris,
    [/LINEUP-4-5-1]

SUBS: Vercoutre, Dabo, Fofana, Umtiti, Gourcuff, Gomis, Briand

7. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hugo didn't get to do much. It would have been nice to score another goal though. 1-0 makes it a little too close for my liking. Hopefully they can score early in Cyprus.

8. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If they'd scored one more, Lyon could have rested players for the second tie. Alas, it was not to be.

9. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon had all control this game Gourcuff played good
    Ederson wasn't that good ,Lloris clean sheet made a great save 87 min

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ah, it'll be alright. even at home i can't see APOEL keeping a clean sheet now that they have to at least try to score, nor scoring 3 in any circumstances.

and last night they rested gomis, briand, gourcuff and grenier. and lovren should be back by then too. only lisandro, källström and perhaps bastos could use a recharge right now and we've got all those spots covered.

worth noting that cris had a very good game. it looks like he's not washed up quite yet.

11. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Nice to see Källström having a good game. To be completely safe Lyon probably should have scored a 2nd one but Apoel didn't hold a clean sheet in any of their home games in the group stage and never won by more than 1 goal so Lyon should still be heavy favorites to go through.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Louis Nicollin:eek:
    [​IMG]

13. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea I'm fairly happy with the performance. The only way that APOEL could manage to hold the guys to one goal was to completely give up on attacking. They won't have that luxury in the next leg, and the game will be more open. I can see our attack cutting them up real good. The almost set a record by playing a whole champions league game, without an attempt on goal! Nice by Lloris to make that late save, after literally doing nothing all game.

14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    really? I've heard other people say that Ederson was more dangerous than Gourcuff.

I didnt see the game so I'm curious.

15. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gourcuff made clean passes to JIMMY and worked neatly dibble alittle bit looked good should have started the game instead as for Ederson he was Dangerous lack vision hit target couple times no net tho which isn't so bad

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he came into a different game than the one eder had been in, one where dangerous is the last word you want to have come to mind. and he took care of business. always providing an outlet for the teammate with the ball, and always keeping play dans le sens de la marche.

17. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    So you're saying that Lyon were just trying to keep a 1-0 score and weren't trying to increase the scoring margin? because some people have accused Lyon of playing too conservative, but that wasn't my impression.

18. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    At first, I was a little bit disappointed because I had felt that Lyon were being overly conservative against a team that perhaps didn't warrant as much caution.

But in hindsight (as always!), I think Garde did the right thing. He rested at least some of his key players, and even the ones that played weren't overly worn out. Lyon can lose 2-1 in Cyprus and still qualify (due to away goals), and I don't think that scoreline is likely. More probably a 1-1.

The only thing that makes me regret OL's narrow win is that if they had secured a quarterfinal berth, then Kallstrom, Cris, and Gomis could have picked up a yellow for a minor tackle, be suspended during the second leg, and then clear their slate for the quarterfinals.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    though they didn't bunker down, it's clear the first thing on their minds was not to allow a goal and rightly so: 1-0 is a fine result from this match, 2-0 is only marginally better and 1-1 is a chrome plated disaster that even 2-1 doesn't erase! taking the ball forward, yes. fleur au fusil, NON! and yoyo was playing exactly as needed in the circumstances.

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we have half the world thinking we bought 7 goals from dinamo, the other half saying platoche gave us a helping hand to draw AOEL, and now you want to indulge in behavior universally decried and which UEFA has vowed to clamp down on. my! my! your friends at commie martyrs must be mighty proud of you!

21. Inara

Inara Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Universally decried and yet universally applied. It is annoying, but teams are lucky when they're in the position where qualification is assured, so they can do things like that.

And it's not like Lyon have to try very hard anyway. The three players in question pick up yellow cards even without trying. I'm more shocked that not a single one of them got carded on Tuesday. It would have been nice if one of them had, even accidentally (my pick would have been Kallstrom).

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    teehee. not true for gomis but it's clear yellow cards are like mother's milk to cris and KK.

23. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Well if yellow cards are like mother's milk to them, then Toulalan seemed to need them in order to breath for another hour.

Gonolans seems to be well on his way also.

But I think that the goal margin could have been increased without the end goal to be to get rid of the yellow cards hanging over some of our players. Playing at home its definitely important to not concede a goal but against a team that only managed to get 1 shot off in 90 minutes do we really need to play scared?

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    don't forget king anto!

1 shot with only a few minutes to go, fron outside the box. 3 corners, all in the last half hour. no worries!

except...

[​IMG]

25. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea I had my heart in my throat for a split second when APOEL took that shot. It would be just our luck for their single chance on goal to go in...See that crap all the time!!