2012 Aztex signings

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by Parrothead FC, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got players!

http://www.austinaztex.com/2012/04/...our-local-players-as-first-signings-for-2012/

If I understand correctly, Pereira, Osorio, and Lisch are not eligible for the Super-20 squad because it is limited to players under 20. As for Tyrpak, I suppose he would be eligible for either. Is that correct?

2. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took a look at the 2011 USL Super 20 handbook, and I believe you're right, since Kristopher was 19 on 1/1/2012, he could play Super 20. However, I doubt that he would since he was signed specifically for PDL. Additionally, there's significant scrutiny on the number of NCAA colleges that could be represented on a team.

At the end of the day, I believe the Aztex are looking to use more high school aged players from various clubs for Super 20, and moving them up for PDL experience as necessary.

3. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention, we've got a write up at the Eberly's Army website on the players, with images, links to their schools and some standard facts for them. Be sure to check them out. We'll be adding more as the Aztex sign more PDL players.

4. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else attend the scrimmage last Friday against the UT men's team? I thought the Aztex looked quite good, particularly on the flanks. The left back (tall, closely-shaved head, never caught his name) was sending balls forward all night. I also noticed the d-mid, whose name I think was Jairo? He was of small stature, but I rarely if ever saw him give the ball away. His ability to shield, turn, and deliver short passes was much in evidence.

5. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, we just posted a great Austin Aztex Wordsearch puzzle at the Eberly's Army website that everyone is welcome to check out. It's a search for players names that are signed to the squad, and will be a great tool to familiarize everyone to names, positions and histories.

Parrothead FC repped this.
  6. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome, I want to do it. I followed the link, but I can't find it - what part of the site is it on?

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, slight problem that's now fixed. Try it again.