2012/18 Atsuto Uchida @ Schalke 04 (GER/CL)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but in these cases isn't the difference covered by insurance, rather than the player's own pocket?

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Absolutely.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not sure how it works in Bundesliga because this is actually about national laws about work and it's very complicated, so sorry if this post will be a bit long.

In Italy, you would get paid by INAIL (public entity for all subordinate workers) +, as stated in the footballer's general category contract, Serie A (and generally all categories) forces clubs to get extra private insurances on some specific "key" injuries (death, disability, incidents, youngsters and even transports).

However, from what I know INAIL pays 60% of your wage (other 40% covered by the club\company) from 5th injury day up to the 90th. After that, 75% of your wage and rest by the club until you are healed.
    All medical checks are also covered by INAIL.
    But as we saw, after 6 months the club can cut your wage by 50%, so, everything is recalculated - however since INAIL for the first month had to use the previous month's wage their part is still, for one month, based on the previous wage (lol)
    Getting extra private insurances is usually also part of an agent's work.

For Bundesliga, we would have to know what are the league's indications, the general category contract of footballers if such thing exists in Germany (sorry for the ignorance), and the national laws.
    If Wikipedia is correct "workers unable to perform their current job due to injury or illness receive periodic payments of 80% of their prior gross earnings until returning to work"
    Here they key thing is "prior". Could it be last month? It is also not clear if, like Italy, this 80% is split between public resources and the club's. All I know is that the club after 42 days can stop paying, but in that case I am not sure if this means that he also stops getting money from the public entity and the rest is up to private insurances.

Also, I think it might be different for injuries picked outside of work (in this case, outside of playing, training, etc). I remember this being very important in England and Spain.

That said, as said the player is under contract and he can't play anyway, so there is no reason for him to terminate. And his injury wasn't a career-ending one apparently...

4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    In Germany the employers continue paying for the first 6 weeks from the start of any injury. After that the health insurance is paying for up to 78 weeks, though the obligatory public one only covers up to 6000 Euro per month. Covering the remaining amount and time is responsibility of the players by insuring themselves through private health insurances. One common private insurance appears to be 1500 Euro per day during injury which costs around 2000 Euro per month. One article from 6 years ago claims only 5% of the players are actually prepared and have additional private health insurances.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    In general, good agents that I know get the clubs to pay for these private insurances as a condition to the signing.

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    datschge, Samurai Warrior, teioh and 2 others repped this.
  9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uchida is back in team training.

YLbowman, Whispered11, datschge and 3 others repped this.
  10. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uchida comments on his current state:
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20161024-00506828-soccerk-socc
    On the team: "The squad has plenty of players and just needs to gel. We have a lot of games in the schedule, which the manager uses to tinker with the lineup. We acquired a bunch of guys, so it's not like we're short-handed."

On his knee: "I basically feel good to go. I've been asking the club to let me participate in full training, but with EL we don't have many full-intensity training sessions. I could join in, but my individual training is better for getting my physical condition up."

On returning to match action: "There are always unexpected incidents in soccer. I might have to move at an awkward timing, slip, or an opponent might land on my body. Stuff happens, and there's always the risk of getting injured regardless of whether you're coming off surgery. My own movements are pretty back to where they were at least mentally, so it's a matter of whether I can withstand accidents and unexpected load. That being said, if the manager asks me to go, I'm ready."

On Markus Weinzierl: "Well, I hit a few nice crosses during training and he winked and said, 'your knee's improving'. As far as the national team goes, honestly I'd like to go in November but I have to get some match time at Schalke first. Counting back from that milestone, I'd have to first return to full training and then make the bench, so really there wasn't any chance. But framing the recovery in those terms makes a big difference in terms of how I approach the rehab."

datschge and Saku² repped this.
  11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schalke's sporting director remarked that the team is targeting the Europa League fixture vs Salzburg on 12/9 for Uchida's return.

12. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uchida made the trip to Salzburg and it sounds like he's likely to play.

datschge, takeuchi and seolseol repped this.
  13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Fantastic!

Still think a fit Uchida is better than both Caicara and Riether, but they also signed Coke ahead of this season ( who have been injured ever since...)

The problem though is that Schalke now play 3-5-2 and have gone away from a 4-back line under Weinzierl, and is Uchida good enough offensively to hold that RM/RWB/RW-position which currently Schöpf holds?

Will be very nice to see him back wearing the royal blue uniform though!

14. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #714 datschge, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Comeback! Just subbed in in min 82.
    Schalke playing in Salzburg, trailing by one goal.
    Edit: Lost 0-2, was a meaningless match anyway as Schalke was winning the group in any case. Uchida seemed fit and speedy.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Samurai Warrior and Saku² repped this.
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    any news?

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would'nt he have gotten some minutes if it all went the right way? Since he made the comeback 2 months ago.

Schalke through in Europa Leauge.

19. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Funny timing as the press (e.g. Kicker) reported today that he's planned to make his comeback together with Coke in a test match against Hannover 96 next Thursday.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

datschge, seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weinzierl: "Coke, Atsuto Uchida and Franco Di Santo have shown after their long injury absences that they can go 90 minutes and can be considered options for the upcoming matches again."

datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He was on the bench yesterday against Darmstadt.

datschge repped this.
  23. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Scored a brace today for Schalke in a friendly !

seolseol, Samurai Warrior and datschge repped this.
  24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not even on the bench in the cup tonight. So that means he is still not ready?

25. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Only info I found is that he (along with some other long time injured players like Coke) gets additional training to get closer to match fitness again.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.