2012/15 Eiji Kawashima @ Standard de Liège (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by sc-f, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You've always have something to argue, Dax. Let's close it here.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't, it's not like I have fun, you just were being disrespectful for no reason there.
    Point being, he's obviously doing what he can from the difficult position of being a japanese goalkeeper. He will probably wait until the very last possible day and it's likely that he will have to choose between a 2nd string team or JLeague.

3. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I have a feeling kawashima will join novara, standard may even offload him for free?

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Your feeling is wrong, first because his contract with Standard has already expired since months (he's a free agent) and because if you had read the posts, you would know that Serie B clubs can't sign japanese players.

5. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    why cant serie b sign japanese players. is there a quota for non eu players?

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There is no quota. They can't sign non-EU players at all unless they were already playing in Italy (like, in Serie A)

7. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    bad team to practice with then

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Poor Kawa.

I had high hopes for him when he rocked att St Liege, he had it too I guess.

10. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think its reasonable to assume that "practicing with a team that has 0 chance of hiring you is a bad idea"

He should have practiced with a team that at least has a chanceof hiring him, then if all comes to worse... to keep his career alive he wouldnt be so embarrassed to tell the team "I will work for free or half the wages" like Owen Hargreaves

11. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Spains second league on the pyramid (segunda div.) has more famous attackers than japans j league 1.

It also has barcelona B, full of future stars.

So I would say spains 2nd division and englands second division are more higher level leagues than belgiums first division and japans j league 1

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's called having a trial then, and he wasn't having a trial. There were some personal connections with the staff of Novara which allowed him to use their facilities for ten days to keep in shape. That's all.

Barcelona B does not play in Spain's second division, their stars were just relegated to third division after finishing dead last.
    But I would be okay with him playing in a second division, we'll see what he can find.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eiji was training alone with his coach in Japan before his trip to Novara. I would imagine it's better training to play with other footballers in an actual game context, facing actual shots taken by professional strikers.

14. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    wow, how can a goalkeeper train alone?

15. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    If he has no team to train with he has to train alone, duh.

naopon repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Where is he rotting now ? :(

17. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Absolutely understandable. How can it be that a solid goalkeeper like Kawashima didn`t find a new club. He is good, speaks many languages, is not that old and has tons of international experience. He played 2 WC`s and 2 AC`s and was doing well in Europe. It`s not like he was a flop or played that badly in his last season for Standard.

I really don`t get it, it must have something to do with him. A normal midtable club like Augsburg or something must be realistical but maybe he want`s something better.

seolseol repped this.
  18. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If he is a free agent. Then he can join any team in UK even during none transfer periods.

He can join any english team, I think other countries also have this policy regarding free agents?

So in that case its upto him now which team he wants to join?

ANy low table team in germany, belgium, netherlands, denmark, finland would take him.

I have a feeling he is negotiating to go to best possible team, if he cant, then he will choose second best, then third best...and so on???

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://ameblo.jp/eiji-kawashima/

I don't if it's him and I understood correctly, but he STILL wants Europe and he's waiting.
    Right?
    If it's right, I don't understand WHAT is waiting.

GunnerTNB and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  20. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I dont speak Japanese and 99% of time japanese translations to english using google translate are hilarious and they stuck.

Whats he saying. He will wait until the next transfer cycle?

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He wrote that he apologises for lack of news and wants his fans to believe in the way he chose. That's more or less what's written in the newest entry on his blog.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    he's a free agent, so on paper he can sign at any moment. Anyway, he basically said what Majster said, and he's still aiming to get to a high level as a goalkeeper.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think he and anyone else expected it to be so fkcing hard. I mean he does not suck.

24. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Dundee United.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Champions League, right? :D

Five months to end up in Scotland. Wow. Great, Eiji.
    I hope that your JNT career is over. More space for others.