2012/13 Kensuke Nagai @ Standard de Liège (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Exactly what that says. Nagai passed to Bulot who slides it to Ezekiel who scores (my French is a bit rusty).
    So Nagai ran in from the right wing, passed to Bulot, who then pulled the ball across the goal for Ezekiel to tap it in... But Ezekiel was clearly offside. I'll upload the highlights of the match if I find a link.

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Abemus Striker?

Nope.
    Morimoto still the better (sub) option for WC2014.

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is how sad the striker situation is.

4. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Man, Morimoto and Nagai is different type of player, and even playing in different positions.
    Morimoto is a striker, and Nagai is winger who slides into the striker position in case the team is using a flexible formation.

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yes inner striker, never the less inner striker needs to score some goals as well

Morimoto is a typical all around striker while Nagai is something like Pedro, Tello etc are for Barcelona regarding primary duties they do.

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It's quite strange that Japan has great CAMs and wingers like Honda, Kagawa, Kiyotake, and Inui, but no strikers, apart from Havenaar who's really turned it around this half of the season. Okazaki, Lee, and Morimoto failed to shine in Europe... and tbh Nagai doesn't seem too promising.

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's nothing new. Still that doesn't make Nagai a striker, and also it doesn't change the fact that Okazaki is not used as a striker at Stuttgart.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Disagree, Nagai is put on the wings because he doesn't finish enough but he's a pure striker.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the same. He doesn't have a great dribbling nor a great cut into the box, he's put on the wings only to try to use his speed (though his crossing is also improved). He's a striker that's supposed to play just on the offside line and score like he did against Morocco, Egypt or should have against Spain
    The problem is that overall he's not really good, especially technically.

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmmm seems I was wrong... the image of his pace made me mix him up with Miyaichi.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    La composition du Standard : Kawashima, Van Damme, Ciman, Kanu, Opare, Buyens, Vainqueur, Mpoku, Bulot, Ezekiel, Nagai.

starts, Ono on the bench

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    *sigh* just missed a great goal opportunity. At least he's very active

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he can run a bit.

Godzillaradio repped this.
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nagai is having some kind of press conference?
    I don't know what for, ha ha.

anway: "I feel a bit of pressure because I want to score my first goal as soon as possible. In training, I work with the other forwards to understand how to play with them and their strong points. "

He also praised Eiji's performance.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's not his personal press conference, everywhere, clubs are forced to send players to talk to the press. It was probably his turn.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    *sigh* he missed a fantastic opportunity near the end of the match after a great run, simply because he's technically TERRIBLE. God damn.

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Please put some link of the action.

He will be a super sub even in the last match?

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

We all knew it here, ok we all were talking about it, how he needs to improve on that.
    Meh...

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Check Standard.be maybe there are the match highlights. If this action is in, it's the last action of the match.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Standard will play in the second round against the winner between KR (Iceland) and Northern Ireland's Glentoran. Should be an easy task. 1st leg, 18th of July, second leg, 25th

Whispered11 repped this.
  21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Following weeks of supporter unrest, Standard Liege president Roland Duchatelet has decided to resign from his position.

One of the reasons for his recent unpopularity was his sacking of manager Mircea Rednic at the end of the season.

Rednic has since revealed that Duchatelet pressurised him into selecting underperforming players, including Eiji Kawashima and Kensuke Nagai

It now seems almost certain that the duo will be shown the door this summer, with Yuji Ono's future perhaps also in doubt.

Source: @japanfooty @asianlao02

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    shieet
    didn't look like Eiji was underperfoming to me but Wow I didn't know he sacked the coach, WTF?
    Nagai and Ono's transfer should've never happened anyway. Sorry to be so blunt... I hope they can find fortune somewhere else if they can't stay. It's a shame because if Standard would've picked some other players, who knows how it would've been.

24. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why sorry... I think majority of us...or ok me at least have expressed my dislike for this move. (Nagai and Ono)