(2012.10.16) International Friendly: Brazil x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Oct 13, 2012.

1. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida kept Neymar in his place until the half-time

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Ok than I fix it:

- Uchida deserves the starting spot of rb against normal teams, against troglodytes team is better Sakai that is more scary and tall.

3. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    More strikers does not mean more attacking. Similar to the way 3 in the back is more defensive in most cases than 4 in the back.

4. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I just knew we were gonna get exposed here.

5. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to see Zac use this lineup again, I think it was strong in the attack and Honda up top is not afraid to go for goal. He was dangerous with his feet and forced a couple of saves.

It can be modified perhaps but it seemed good, just that when you debut it vs Brazil it isnt going to be appreciated.

Hasebe needs to be replaced, even more so than Endo(who played well).

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Than you need:

1. Subs for Hasebe and Konno
    2. Osako/Nagai/Ibusuki who develops as a true striker
    3. A clean calendar
    4. UCL final referee
    5. Sunny day

Not so hard :cool:

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    God no please. Losing is okay, not without any hope. Not that 2010 emergency crap, that ain't working twice. We didn't hire an expensive foreign coach just to see him apply the same formule his predecessor created in 2010.

Whispered11 repped this.
  8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    - I think Sakai made a good work today.
    - Hosogai is playing well, give him a chance.
    - Suzuki or Wataru Endo could be a solution.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The funny thing is. Brazil played counter attacking football for the majority of this match

10. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its Brazil relax, the attackers werent the problem...lets not forget vs France they scored in the final moment, and off of a counter attack, it wasnt exactly a convincing win.

This lineup was much more dynamic and effective, the ball movement was brilliant at times they just lack the finishing.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Doesn't matter if it's Brazil. It's a fine set up for a small team, not for a federation as big as the JFA. He gotta do his work and develop a striker or he'll fail in one of his missions.

12. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    lol, what was that?

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Someone whose country is not going to qualify for the WC I think.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Neymar and Hulk are completely the opposite kind of player. Neymar isn't big, so choosing Uchida was a smart choice as he's quicker than Hiroki. I'm not sure I understand the sub either

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nagatomo shut down the pre steroids Hulk back in the days but it was much harder today.

16. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do Japan really need a striker. Spain now day doesn't really play with a striker and they won the Euro.

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yeah but you need 2 DMF as they have, not only the OMF like Kagawa/Inui/Kiyotake/Honda.
    Instead of Xavi & Co. we have the worst Hasebe of history and a near retired Endo.

18. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nagatomo struggle today because brazil dose thier homework. They know that Nagatomo will alway seem to cut in onto his right foot. In all honestly Japan need some one like Sakai who are tall, fast but left foot.

19. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think it doesnt matter if they're playing Brazil? So if its a small team its fine, so it does matter then...well let me make this clear, it does matter. Brazil makes teams look bad, case and point...TODAY! The problem doesnt lie with the attack so much as the defense and the defensive midfielders. I really had no issues with Kiyotake, Honda, Kagawa, and Nakamura...just that they couldnt score. Everything leading up to the shot on goal was great, their one touch passes, vision and chemistry was good. Which is why I think a lot of people were saying this was an entertaining match even with that score line. However, I do have a problem with Konno and Yoshida and Hasebe and to some degree Endo for being so soft and letting Brazil run ramped all over us.

It is a team effort and if the attack is better then it trickles down to the defense, but those goals were pretty soft and they were lucky not to concede more.

I also want to add, the NT is not a place to develop players, its where you assemble players that are already established this isnt u-18. He can only work with what is available. Zac will not develop a striker, that is not what he does or any coach of a NT does.

20. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    the penalty kick for Brazil was bullshit, however Ramires disallowed goal was just as much bullshit.

the crux of the matter here, therefore, is Neymar´s second goal, which many people here are saying was a handball. Really, at slow motion replays I see no handball.

If anyone finds a good video showing Neymar dominated that ball with his hand or arm, please, feel free to post it. I am right now watching a replay and stopping the video right when the ball touches Neymar and it was on the shoulder. It just happens Neymar "softned" the ball so well and put it so perfectly under his control that it looks as if he used the arm (most player would have to use the arm to do that)

21. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Although I think Japan is playing extremely well, there is no way they can emulate the Spanish team. In fact, no one can. That's why they will be a legendary team when they all hang up their boots. The Spanish NT was a combination of really good talent, timing, and coaching. It's too soon for Japan and Spain to be spoken in the same sentence, I think.

22. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    know what the funny thing is? Japan won over France. Brazil then beat Japan 4-0. But football is a funny thing, and if Brazil had played France, I bet Brazil would lose. Or against Mexico.

Brazil´s game never works against France or Mexico.

23. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a handball, but more of a ball to hand than hand to ball...if that makes sense.

He had no conscious to touch it, but the ball ricocheted off his body and into his hand/arm...unfortunate for it to happen and and even more to to be whisteled.

24. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I suppose you are talking about the penalty kick against Japan, not Neymar´s goal (where imho, the ball never touched Neymar´s hand).

I agree with you. The ball touched the hand. I never said it had not. But still, it was no faul. Rules talk about INTENTION on using your hand.

25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Positive things? Oman just beated Jordan.