Pre-match: (2012.08.10) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x South Korea U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Aug 7, 2012.

1. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My father is japanese, so yeah, I'm half-japanese born in Brazil.
    Let's compare the football history between Spain and Brazil, if you take past games for example Brazil has the edge. But that's the past, Spain is better than Brazil right now. And in that friendly Japan dominated the entire game, from the minute 0 to 90, I hope you're aware of that.

2. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not arguing about the Spain result.
    I actually didn't even see that game.

However they did perform under expectations in the tournament.

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And why is it any of your concern what other people do?

Instead of worrying about what other people are doing or saying why don't you worry about yourself?

I wore my Japanese NT kit today. I am Japanese, but why does it matter what ethnicity I am? I could careless what people do with their time. If they want to support the Japanese football team then they have every single right to do so regardless of their intentions.

Saku² repped this.
  4. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, I have not once dictated anything to anyone on these boards.
    I also don't recall asking what ethnicity you are, since I couldn't care less.

However, please understand that I feel shocked when I read here and there peoples referring to Japan as THEIR national team while they're either Polish/americans/europeans in general (even though here, the call was uncalled for since the lad seems half Japanese, my bad).

To stand the comparison, I have not once talked about Korea in that way, and I'm pretty confident about that fact (you could ask anyone in BSK) because I have a lot of respect for Korea and Koreans.

Also, please understand that my first intention was not to create chaos or anything posting on these boards. I have in fact answered a biased comment posted above.

Thank you.

5. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okay, since you responded so politely this will be my last response.

First of all you have to understand that this is a sport. This is not two militarys fighting each other, this is not some sort of political conflict. It is a sport.

As a result, no one has no stake to the claim that they are any better than any other fan. The Japanese NT is no different than any club team other than only specific people can play for the club. No one sane person would make the argument that just because a person is born in Manchester and support Manchester United that they are more entitled to anything more than a fan that was born in the United States. I have met casual fans of club teams like Manchester United who were born there, but don't display nearly the passion nor commitment of one who was born in the United States. There is no proof that suggests that people who are born in Manchester are better fans than those who are not. Just like there is no proof to suggest that people in Japan are better supporters of the JNT than those who are not.

Sports are sports. I don't give a shit who you support or why you support them. In the end it is just a game.

Saku² repped this.
  6. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with you on everything.
    I am an example, I root for Korea even though I'm not Korean.

Though, it's like any other club, there are real supporters that will root genuinely with all their heart and soul, and the plastics. It may be some sort of personal opinion and conviction, but I do believe that it's some kind of lack of respect to refer to Japan/Korea (or any other nation) as their respective nation/team if they're indeed not Japanese/Korean (or any other nationality).

I'm very familiar with Korea and it's culture, In fact I even have family in Korea.
    Though, out of respect I wouldn't and couldn't arrogantly refer to Korea as my NT (I'm still proud to be French).

But again, this is only my opinion and personal view of things, it is written nowhere.

I also believe that being Japanese, you must be infuriated to see peoples with imperial flags in stadiums while they don't know anything about their meaning. They're basically making a bad name for Japanese supporters (I spotted one today again, and he didn't look Japanese).

Thank you.

7. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't believe that his intention was to troll. He's just reacting to something written that angered him. I have similar feelings all the time especially when I read the Korea forum. I've learned how to control myself from responding to claims that I find down-right idiotic and questionable. All Chong-soo needs is a bit of self-control. He's not going to agree with many of the things that are written here, but he just needs to tell himself to let it go despite any feelings of anger that he may be experiencing.

And for that matter let me give you my take on trolls and bans. I personally do not believe that we should ban trolls (i.e. samuraiking). Just let them post whatever they want. It might be unbearable at first, but eventually most people will be able to ignore it and laugh it off. I used to hate trolls, but eventually the trolling became so redundant that it doesn't faze me anymore. This is something that I've learned from 2ch. They allow anyone to post which means that there are trolls all the time. The community has become so familiar with trolling that they are still able to discuss topics despite the trolling as if the trolls were not there.

Of course not everyone will probably go through the same transition that I went through so maybe its not such a good idea.

K:thecore repped this.
  8. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The thing is, I don't care if he's racist or hates Japanese people with a passion. He's entitled to have that perspective.

What he needs to learn is that there's no need to be so vocal about it within this type of community. Go to Korean message boards or whatever where you can be as nationalistic as you want. The thing is, that when he does post anti-Japanese things, to me, he seems more of an attention-whore rather than a genuine racist. He's writes these things because they cause controversy I don't believe that he actually believes what he types. Real racists keep it to themselves and share their thoughts with others who share similar beliefs.

Only idiot pseudo-racists go out in public and espouse their beliefs.

9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm disappointed that Japan lost. Korea played basically what Japan did the whole tournament (except parking the bus). The U-23 Japan shown to have a solid defence, DID NOT park the bus, mind you, and quick on counters. but today, that tactics were used against them. Japan went back to their trademark dominated possesion-passing game, but couldn't create clear cut chances. At times, they look lively. Japan did well, but it's not the result that showed. Korea attacks on the break and scored 2.
    I talked about it on the Road to London 2012 thread, but out of the players in the squad. with the U-23 players mostly effectively over, only a handful I would like to see in the current JNT. the rest is not ready.
    -Kiyotake looks good can play along side Kagawa and Honda,
    -Yoshida great overall for the whole tournament
    -Usami is threatening, should've start for the U-23.
    -Gonda is #2 Choice GK, after Kawashima.
    -Nagai is a future FW star for Japan. will replace Maeda when his time will come. he will need to hone his skills, especially goalscoring, hopefully in Europe...

-Yuki Otsu - I dunno about right now, but he'll probably be a regular within the next 2-3 years.
    -Daisuke Suzuki - would like to see him play alongside Yoshida, probably a replacement for Konno.

10. Red Kloud

Red Kloud Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Lol, 'stand a single chance'? You serious?

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. It's exactly 5
    2. a single chance? that's funny. I do agree you guys are a little better but not by much.
    3. Perform bad? We were up against much harder opposition (Mexico, Swiss, GB, Brazil while you guys had a shitty spain, honduras, Morocco, Egypt, and Mexico). At least we drew 0-0 against mexico.
    4. If a team intentionally plays physically and uses long balls as a part of the tactics... a team plays bad, huh? It sure worked vs. Japan. In the previous matches we played like you guys - short fluid passing and all. We abandoned that strategy this game.

melonbarmonster repped this.
  12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    cmon man...this is petty. I think you'd be pissed if these guys were doing the same thing to our boards. Let them talk.

Klogon and watanabe2k repped this.
  13. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously, the reason I hardly come to Bigsoccer anymore is the crazies that pop out for matches like this.

14. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't understand why the personnel and tactics were carbon copies throughout the tournment. I would much rather had Manabu back in Yokohama if I knew he was going to be warming the bench. Pissed that Higashi kept getting picked despite his very minimal contributions. Japan needs better management at this level. That being said I think the team as a whole exceeded expectations and learned a lot of lessons.

Dax repped this.
  15. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey guys,
    I just wanted to drop by and congratulate the JNT squad on a very strong tournament. A bronze medal might not have been what you wanted to walk away with, but it was a great tourney nonetheless. As far as I'm concerned, you far exceeded expectations and you should be proud of the work your boys put in against most of the South Korean senior squad. As a fan of Asian football, I can say I'm proud to have watched two Asian sides slugging it out at a big international tournament.

16. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I came here to see the JNT fan reactions and all I see now is a bunch of the BSKorea guys coming here to argue lol. BSK guys, just read and leave. I didn't even leave a "great job" message because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted that if we had lost today - it'd almost feel like salt on the wound. There is no reason to argue here. Let's go home folks.

PS I think Japan certainly impressed with both men's and women's this Olympics. There's no reason for the doom and gloom here. Certainly Japan ended this competition with disappointments, but don't let that take away from all the respect that the team gained with their play earlier in the tournament. My white American friends couldn't stop talking about you guys.

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Your post reminds me that every person here that went on to comment about the players, basically forgot that Saito even existed. Probably because Usami has more a name. But they did basically the same. Unfortunately he had 2 big chances and barely missed both them. If he would've scored there, if would've been a different story. With that said, I agree with your post, of course.

18. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    One thing I realized about the JNT this tournament is that it does have a very distinct vibe about it thats pretty cool to watch. You guys impart this weird rhythm on the game thats distinctly yours. It seemed like a lot of loose balls went your way today, and I remember that in a previous game too.

I guess the same could be said about Koreas style. Japans is very fluid and smooth while ours is physical and athletic. Ive always been aware of the two styles but today made me realize its engrained. Thats why I think I like these confrontations so much. Its a really interesting conflict to watch unfold.

(and that Suwon 1992 fuk is probably the next mass shooter in America)

19. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Let me feed the troll(s):
    Volley Bronze Medal Match: Japan 3 - Korea 0
    [​IMG]
    I enjoyed the match and the flawless victory, especially after reading some korean uncivil blasphemies here and there after japanese defeat in football.
    Execuse me for the huge off-topic :p

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan should be happy about this tournament. Who predicted a 4th place? Although they played their worst games in the last 2 games. Tired?

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  22. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This I agree with. Even though I got a Japanese gf, have lived in Japan several times, speak Japanese, will probably end up living in Japan in the future as well etc, I would never refer to Japan as my NT, or say "we/us" about them. Supporting a foreign national team is not the same as supporting a foreign club.

Penguinpeanut and Chong-soo repped this.
  23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Well, let me say:

- We lost Nagai after the egypt injury, never seen him play as he played before that incident;
    - Korea style built on brutal tackle and dirty play didn't help our technical and skill based style to express freely;
    - Sekizuka didn't use turn-over so much and never let a real chance to Saito and Usami to merge within the squad and make the difference;
    - Probably they had not the right mental attitude to win. Maybe someone were with his mind at home in Japan before the match was over.
    A bit of sarcasm right? :D

24. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    for what its worth, do understand that there are some arrogant and ignorant koreans among us. i could be one of them sometime. our hatred toward japan can be brutal taking thing beyond sporting level. i mean many of us (especially in homeland korea) literately wants blood from japan. i think what we can take from this match yesterday was that you can't win them all. and especially for korea and japan, it's back and fourth struggle. sometimes we win, sometimes you win. if you include all the major sports battle between the two nations. recent history show that it probably dead even.

i remember 2006 wbc semifinal which japan beat us in a thrilling match and propelling japan to first wbc trophy, then we came right back and beat japan in semifinals of 2008 olympics to win the gold medal, and japan taking wbc crown against in the final against us. that's 10th inning ichiro hit was a killer for us. how bout football, may of 2010, probably biggest friendly in quite sometime, we beat japan in the own house and japan evening up the score in asian cup in 2011, going up a notch by winnig 3-0 later that summer. and i guess this particular win for us, is evening up that asian cup score.

now, this particular match was probably the most watch korea vs japan football match in the world with no other significant football match played in the same day. it was great to tell everyone in the world that everyone who picked japan to win this match was wrong. but i still would have taken the asian cup trophy over this bronze medal game. if we've met in the gold medal game, then that will trump all previous korea vs japan match. so you lick you wounds and live to fight another day. just like you beat us in women's volleyball game today.

25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Holy shit... I came to glance at this thread, and I'm embarrassed. Give the Japanese fans their space and GTFO of their forum. Respect their space! They did the same last year when we lost in Hokkaido.