Pre-match: (2012.08.10) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x South Korea U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So it's gonna be Korea.
    Well, i still regret the match of today.. i really do.
    I hope we'll be able to win the bronze: i care about it so much..

2. diamondshiro11

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    you can lose that s not the problem but I m disappointed because they weren't better.. japan gave the victory away after leading the score with really cheap decisions.. that s what makes me even angrier

3. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    For non-Asian fans or those who doesn't follow Asian Football much will probably not care, but this is Asia most intense rivalry, and should be one of the world's top rivalry. The Japan-S. Korea match is an extremely tense match-up, for any game really. Think 2009 World Baseball Classic, or remember the exciting 2011 Asian Cup Semi-final between Japan and ROK? that was a match worthy of a Final, much better than the Australia-Japan match.

I know there is more than just sport rivalry between them, with all the hatred passing between the Sea of Japan (East Sea for Koreans). But for the spirit of sportsmanship, I hope everyone can keep it friendly and professional, fans and players. cuz u know you won't like to see any insulting and stupid injuries going into the new season (europe) or the 2nd half (J. League and K.League).

I personally will cheer on Japan.

woorijim, GoYoungrokba and Mudang repped this.
  4. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    guys...just a foreword. theres going to be a lot of idiot nation talk coming from some in my forum. Please be reminded that its just a minority and not to let it get too under your skin.

Its going to be a great game, and we've both come a long way.

Best of luck.

artml, c shima, Saku² and 5 others repped this.
  5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It happens every japan game.

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The problem is that the idiots are the most vocal ones. Too bad its not the other way around.

shinović89 repped this.
  7. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this is the case for the whole internet .

Can't you guys just be kind and give us some free goals so we can get our military exemption :D.

In all seriousness. Military exemptions is so crucial for the development of the SK team b/c their career ends at the age of 25-27. clubs low ball our players since our players have no re-sale value. They end up riding the bench when they are in their prime. if not they head back to the domestic league.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    nothing can beat the war pictures posted after a damn archery match anyway. good luck, may the best win. I have to admit that I'm a bit disheartened right now, third place match isnt sexy at all.

Dax and K:thecore repped this.
  9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    meant nation. not race. sincerely.

yup Saku knows.

10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Four Cerezo's players on the pitch?

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Given Kim Bo Kyung's form he's not going to play vs. Japan

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    get ohgihara out of my TV for now pls.

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    South Korea is a really good team and Brazil can thank the refereeing they are in the final

2 clear penalties and one red card - those were taken away from them

zdrav, fiercejoy and Red_Beans repped this.
  14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    some in the K forum were saying that they thought we were kind of going half ass because we knew the odds were against us and that wed just fight for the bronze with you guys. military exemption is on the line here after all. its bigger than a medal really. probably the most warped thinking Ive read today.

but playing a hot Japan is supposed to be a walk in the park?

gimme a friggen break. I think I have an ulcer already.

15. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always thought it was easier to forget a loss when you get blown(Korea) out, as opposed to losing a close one(Japan). Japan hopefully can put the loss out of their minds and forget the horrible mistakes they made, Gonda wasnt his usual brilliant self, and Tokunaga really has nowhere to go but up(or the bench in Gotoku Sakai's place) and, Ohgihara too must feel like he let the team down.

I expect a match much like against Mexico and Spain vs Korea. Both team will fight for the midfield and whoever limits the mistakes will take it. This match will be interesting because both are coming off tough and disappointing losses. Korea got to rest some of their players because they were out of it so early vs Brazil, so fatigue level is fairly even.

16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    With Japan already having a bronze, even if it was 50 years go, I kind of wouldn't care if it they just gave the match to South Korea so they can get their military exemption.
    Maybe my mind will change when its game-time though.

17. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Okay, I still love Gonda and forgive him for the Mexico game. Ogihara never cared much for him, doubt I ever will especially after last night. On a serious note, I really hope the team can pull it together because they really deserve a medal for their performance in this tournament. One bad match, but overall brilliant job by these guys. Military exemption would be nice for Korea (and I think the general competition level in Asia), but with their performance so far Japan deserves it more. It would be a psychological blow if they couldn't bring back anything home after the way they have played through the tournament until Mexico. Japan all the way! Just let it be a clean, good game please!

18. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So. I was wondering how popular the olympic football events are in japan?

your U-23 are missing a bunch of senior core players. Is the football event popular in japan? Or did you guys go into this tourney with low expectations. Cause if you guys wanted to win you guys would have at least used up your 3 veteran slots.

What about your womens team?

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With exception to the area most identified in need of help (Defence), the squad was selected by excluding players who are senior JNT regulars for the purpose of giving experience to the younger players.
    Sure Kagawa could've played but it's more beneficial that we have Otsu getting a tournament under his belt at LM cause Kagawa is proven quality. And Otsu's had a good tournament so that paid off. Same goes with picking a guy like maybe Endo for CM, it might've happened as an OA player but it's better guys like Ogihara & Yamaguchi get experience (and they both did pretty well, though Ogihara cost us the semi-final).

The current JNT squad is made of heaps of players from the 2008 Beijing generation even though they did crap. So with that in mind it's better to increase player pool with this experience.

Japan's run in this olympics was quite popular in Japan as far as I'm aware. But JFA didn't go to the tournament all guns blazing to win gold and I agree with that policy.
    -----------
    I'd love the team to get a Bronze, but I do think that objectively it's better for Asian football if the South Korean team got exemption........especially seeing as their last chance for exemption was Asian Games gold.......that Japan won (albeit SK was knocked out by someone else).

dudedudedude repped this.
  20. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wish Ryo Miyaichi was playing..him linking up with Nagai, Kiyotake and Otsu and blazing down the flanks Neymar style would have been unstoppable.

Ibusuki too would have been nice, who tore it up last year in Spains lower division. But you cant really complain with Japans striking situation as Nagai and Otsu and even Saito have been formidable.

I think if there was one player I'd have loved to seen included it would have been Hosogai as a defensive midfielder. Ideally Japan could have brought Kagawa who is 23 I believe but...hes a little too high profile. I actually like how Japan stayed true to the U-23 tournament age limit, gives the young guys tons of experience and confidence, should pay off for the National team in the long run and for the players overseas careers.

21. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Painful watching last night, but that match (And the whole tournament in general) will help these young guys a lot. I feel for Ogihara, some of those mistakes were unforgivable but he and Yamaguchi as double volante have been great at these Olympics.

Sekizuka's gotta lift these guys again.

22. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    [​IMG]

Fuji TV...

24. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Like a few of you guys, I really wouldn't mind if Korea snatched this one from us as long as the post match hubris is kept reasonable. We've taken the last couple so it wouldn't be the end of the world for us, plus they have a really huge personal stake in avoiding conscription. still, we should make them earn it and I can't say I want us to pass up a medal lol.

K:thecore repped this.
  25. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Are you serious? I can't fathom wanting your team's rival to beat your team, this scenario included. I recognize that it would be a huge boost for Korean football and maybe Asian competition in general, but I still wouldn't want Japan to lose at all. It would be not good to know that they couldn't raise the level when it really mattered, it could lead to deflated confidence and I wouldn't want that at all for our players. In my opinion, Japan relies on confidence more while Korea relies more on their fighting spirit (not saying these things are exclusive). One is usually there (Korea's fight), while the other relies on good results and good play (Japan) so I think the loss would hurt Japan more than Korea.

K:thecore repped this.