Pre-match: (2012.08.07) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x Mexico U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Aug 4, 2012.

1. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Higa's? I think I missed that one?

2. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    ah, thanks=) that was a very nice gesture from Higa indeed!

4. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    One can't criticise Kiyotake's work-rate or effort and he certainly was trying to do all the same things that he'd been doing all tournament. But his execution was a bit off last night, and in his role that makes a big difference. Usami came on - probably a fair substitution at that point - but aside from the one moment when he skirted around the left corner of the box looking for an opening, was anonymous.

Hmm, I thought I noticed Otsu doing a bit more, particularly in defending at the front, but true, he wasn't as involved as Kiyotake.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kiyotake may been involved but he did nothing right:(

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not here to troll

just wanted to congratulate you on getting far in the Olympic tournament and wish you the best of luck against Korea in the 3rd place match. hope you take home the bronze.

you guys should be proud of your team for putting up a good fight to the very end

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Worse than losing : winners coming to congratulate you, even though you weren't as awesome as them.

El_Huero repped this.
  8. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    One step at a time.

I seriously doubt that we would suffer like we did with the senior team, so we need to relax a bit and let the boys get some experience. It would happen anytime soon since we saw what the olimpians were capable of. They reached their limit and it was the semi finals, so their accomplisment was already spectacular.

For me, the point here (and probably for the JFA) is not getting medals but enhance our players skills and experience.

9. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    fine...
    instead of being considerate for all the effort your guys made in hte football olympics, I'll be comically inconsiderate then:
    [​IMG]

be scared of super sayian mexico, japan!!
    :ROFLMAO:

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Nice pic! So Japanese Football is joked and ridiculed in Mexico too as in Spain with anime reference and so on...
    After this OG spanish supporters probably change their mind, hope mexican supporters will too in a near future (maybe in the next CC).

11. Elreynoaguila

Elreynoaguila Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Not really, the media outlet that created this image does this for every game. Even for the Mexican league they create pictures like this. I can see why you might find it offensive, but it isn't indicative of the opinion that Mexicans have of Japan. Actually, if you watch and read most of the media coverage of the game you will find that everyone thought this game was going to be incredibly difficult.

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Ok, thanks for the explanation.
    Not a problem with mexican supporters, Mexico U23 was pretty similar to Japan U23 and they deserve to reach the final where I really hope you will beat Brazil.