2011 Sudamericano Sub20 (R)

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by MetroChile, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Ok...I laughed at that...but he needs to cut that crap while he is young. The refs will focus on him more if he gets a rep for pulling this kind of act.

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I completely agree with you. It`s wrong to do it.
    But, as how world soccer now has evolved these kind of attitudes, although disliked by almost everyone, they are permanently used in todays reality, even by the "big names" among football players, such as C.Ronaldo, Drogba, Torres :)mad:, grrrr, Chile-Spain, remember ?), Rooney, Rivaldo,........, oh !!!, this list is very long, so I`ll leave it up to here, but as a diference of what you said, unfortunately, this kind of attitude, it precisely can help more a player get hired by the big teams, than what it will be, against it.

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Torres got clipped by Estrada though, probably by accident, but it still counts as a foul so I wouldn't put him in the same category as the others in your list.

I don't think it will make that much of a difference if he gets hired or not. Carrasco is destined to play abroad, with or without this sort of antics. I prefer he goes about without them.

The only place I am ok with tactical fouls is midfield, when stopping counters. Sometimes its worth risking a yellow for it. Carmona seems to be learning this in Italy. What Carrasco did is just ridiculous.

4. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Every player who fakes a situation that has never happened, falls in this category, as he shows no respect and sportsmanship towards a fellow sportsman and towards the sport he practices.

In the refered incident, I agree that Estrada did the lousy foul clipping his foot, only that Torres exagerated the fall in order to get the atention of the referee, in which he suceeded. A normal fall would have been with his arms pointed to the ground in order to avoid his face to hit the ground, but Torres arched his whole body towards his back and yelled and when he landed he rolled and stood still, almost as if he was unconscious due to the received foul, over exagerating what happened, only to get up, after the referee red carded his agressor. His attitude is completely against all known sportsmanship, as he always intended this from happening. You may not like his attitude, but in modern football, it is an attitude only very few players have mastered and who get away with it.

Carrasco on the other hand is still a very young player, and who knows if he ends up mastering what seemed as riculous now. But the truth is that Carrasco was the first to attempt it, and if he masters it, since the referee doesn`t have the instant replay tool, he could make him fall for it, so I give credit to it, as a moment of unsuccesful geniality. Very unsportsman though.
    :)

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  6. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Yes, I remember thinking it wasn't worth a red card. Obviously Torres milked it for all its worth.

I'd rather he masters tackling the ball cleanly away from his opponent like Medel did against Hulk in the CL. As you said, this is very unsportsmanlike... with the added bonus of clownish... ;)

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No deberíamos promover este tipo de actitudes, menos en nuestras jóvenes promesas.

Además, tu y yo somos de los más criticos cuando por ej. los uruguayos se rebajan a este tipo de artimañas. Hay que ser consecuentes, también.

Aunque pienso que por las caritas de tu post, estabas siendo sarcástico...?

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bueno yo pienso que es parte del juego. Es similar al debate de si poner o no camaras para evitar goles fantasmas. Yo pienso que ese % del error arbitral le da un poco de emocion al juego. Yo por lo menos cuando jugaba futsal en gringolandia le pegaba hasta en los cocos a mis rivales:p

9. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Yo no tengo problemas con el 'goal line technology'.

Pero no me gustaría que tuviéramos repetición para cada jugada sospechosa...

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ¿ Y para qué está el 4º arbitro ?

que el juego continue en forma normal, y que solo sea el 4º arbitro, el que vea la repetición. Y si resultó ser distinto de lo que se cobró, entonces que levante una bandera a cuadros para avisarle al arbitro principal, que detenga el juego para aplicar lo que debió haberse aplicado, con efecto retroactivo. Pero solo para situaciones de gol o que pudieran derivar en un gol, pues si va a ser para todo evento, el futbol como deporte "dinámico", muere.

Para las faltas como esta de Carrasco, no amerita detener el juego, y la sanción se puede aplicar como se ha estado haciendo hasta ahora, es decir, por secretaría y después de finalizado el partido.
    ;)