2011 K-League Season [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Sergei Mantis, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    too many penalties lately

haha save by Young Kwang

2. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is the first time i'm watching a k league match.
    I'm facepalming quite a bit... or maybe it's just this game.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol seo jung jin looks like 소지섭

[​IMG]

but plays like just 소

[​IMG]

whatever that means..

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

ACL final - Choi Kang Hee takes off Jung Hoon (DM) but conceeds a goal.
    K-league Championship final - Choi Kang Hee takes off Jung Hoon (DM) but conceeds a goal.

But Jeonbuk gets a PK straight away! and no miss for Eninho. 3-2 on aggregate. 1-1 this match.

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ah...Cant wait for next season!

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    sigh, so this is the end of the journey. Really wished we won but the better team won today. Hopefully we buy some better players and try next year, if not next next year.

7. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I hustled and bustled back from outside only to catch Luis dribble past Estiven and score..

8. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Eh, Jeonbuk's game is predictable:

Use three makeshift forwards (who can drift wide and cut inward with ease) and two hammers in midfield. Have a target man up front and stingy backline.

Press up the field, Pass Pass Pass, Counter Attack

Ulsan should have used a back five (two of which are wingbacks), three hammers (one wall, two chasers), a makeshift forward, and a target man (attacking runs over aerial play).

Kim Young-Kwang = classy!

Kwak Tae-Hwi had a so-so game, but it really is difficult to up your game when your defense partner is a SLOW dimwit with a freakish Joker smile like Kang Min-Soo!

Lee Yong is grand (will explain below)! Choi Jae-Soo had an okay game, that 2nd penalty was unlucky~ Dubious if you ask me.

Estiven tried to stamp out midfield, but he can't do it alone. Lee Ho was okay, but in the finals, okay isn't enough.
    I would have had Lee Ho play wall, and pair up Estiven with a hammer in midfield to chase and pressure constantly. (where Go Seul-Ki was missed!) That would have cut off the space Eninho and Luiz enjoy... theoretically of course~

Losing Lee Jae-Seong & Ko Seul-Ki really hurt Ulsan's chances...

Like the commentators mentioned, Park Seung-Il, man does everything but finish... his main boulder from getting called up for national side imo. a threat at the right wing. will only improve, but guy lacks that killer instinct to be a goalscoring winger..

Lucio = waste of $$$ & a sorry excuse for an attacker. another crap brazillain eating moolah in the K-league. He was however excellent for Gyeongnam previously...

Seol Ki-Hyeon, scored that goal, but he really did poorly for his namesake. He faded out. Also, he's got horrible first touches. his dribbling is whack now... From the class of 1998 U-19 team, Lee Dong-Gook owned him overall.

Wookie was disappointing today; his inexperience really showed.
    From my observation today, he plays better when you feed the ball to his feet especially when you got 2-3 defenders on him. Only time you should use air ball to him is when he's making a dummy run or stand. He's got better first touch than expected for his size, but it wasn't exploited today by his teammates at midfield.

Lastly,Lee Yong~ Call him up for the red shirt, CHO Kwang-Rae!!!
    Right fullback, a position Cho hasn't really resolved. BTW, isn't Dr Cha retiring soon? good riddance.
    Lee Yong has good pace, technique, healthy work rate, good crossing ability, makes nice overlapping runs, tough. Was one of the better players from Ulsan today.

&

Kim Seung-Gyu, your time will come! Prepare your gloves, boy!

As for Ulsan Management, the center-back spot lacks depth, only Kwak Tae-Hwi and Lee Jae-Seong are top class. rest are untested or crap. Pick up a couple of hammers or ball winners (Lee Ho failed) in midfield and an enforcer (none today). Get a stronger center-forward than Seol Ki-Hyeon and a pacey/creative makeshift forward (Lucio failed here).

9. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Yeah, then he took out Seo Jung-Jin (who had a lackadaisical game aside from a couple of dangerous runs) and threw in Son Seung-Joon to play DM.

Throwing in Jung Sung-Hoon for Jung-Hoon meant he could have Lee Dong-Gook drop back and play more freely in a makeshift striker role with Luiz and Eninho. Interchanging passes with them center and both flanks. Lee Dong-Gook basically played a playmaker forward role in the latter stages of second half similar to how he played in Pohang back in 2005/06

10. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Highlights

Congrats to Jeonbuk - They deserved it most doing 2011.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW6Jm9KgHls"]?????? K?? 2011 ????? 2?? ?? vs ?? ????? - YouTube[/ame]

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yoohoo Lee Seung Gi won 신인상~

[​IMG]

12. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Best Eleven

FW: Lee Dong Guk--Dejan​

MF: Eninho--Yoon Bitgaram--Ha Dae Sung--Yeom Ki Hun​

DF: Park Won Jae--Kwak Tae Hee--Cho Sung Hwan--Park Won Jae​

GK: Kim Young Kwang
    Manager: Choi Kang Hee​

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    MVP went to Lee Dong Guk~

[​IMG]

Shin Young Rok was at the ceremony as well
    [​IMG]

His teammate Kang Soo Il was there shuffling at the start
    [​IMG]

14. lylee91

lylee91 Member

Feb 28, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Cool thanks for posting this. Good selection for the most part. YBGR and HDS had good seasons but I would have been happier if Oh Jang-Eun made the team. Btw, looks like you put in Park Won-Jae twice - once accidentally in place of Choi Chul-Soon.