2011 China National Olympics Team

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Mar 1, 2011.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    guys would you all please update the final score here.
    i need to leave.

god bless china.
    fcuk you ref.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    extra time now.
    with china playing 10 men against oman 12 men.

3. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd laugh, but it's so true it isn't funny.

4. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 4th minute of the first extra period Oman scored a goal. It seemed like China's keeper should have stopped it, because there wasn't too much zip on the shot, but it got by him. 1-1 now, 2-1 Oman on agg.

5. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ******** you ref!!!!

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what happened.

7. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 114th minute Oman scores again, going up 2-1, 3-1 on agg. It's all but over for China, and if the linesman didn't completely blow the call this game could have been over 25-minutes ago with China winning. :(

8. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yuk. this is ugly. Oman scores again in the 119th minute, up 3-1, 4-1 on agg.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    gfg
    good fcuking game

i forgive china today
    we used 10 men and almost sealed the game, against a team
    that fielded thirteen players.

today the ref totally changed the game
    china gets red for the tackle - fine
    but how about those grassrolling tackles by oman that are more dangerous than your friendly chinese kungfu football kick?
    wang dalei chat with you for a second and you flashed a yellow to him.
    umadbro?

the ref has a fcuking bias and retarded mind
    all hail afc, biggest thug next to fifa.

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    what else is new huh? you guys should find better things to do than watch China national teams. Saves a lot of brain cells.

I actually wanted them to lose. Forces the dumb fcuks in CFA to do something, like putting more effort in promoting grassroot soccer.

11. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a crappy game. Ref was garbage, China should have won. Agree with ntg. The red card was justified, but he wasn't holding the Oman players to the same standard as the Chinese players. Awful way to end the Olympic campaign.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Can't blame the assistant ref for messing up that offside call. It's hard to tell without slo-mo replay.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i rather see them lose in the group stage, losing in the qualifying round
    is outright embarassing, but today is a true exception.

forza, i disagree with you that 'there's more to do' than watching the mational team, this is the china forum, and china's deteriorating performance
    isn't new news. china's performance today actually earned rare appauld from
    the chinese netizens, especially china wasnt expect to win under the immense oman heat. people actually care about china even we suck.

14. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I understand your point. All I'm saying is don't loose sleep over it. Keep the expectation ultra low as I don't expect they will even come close to be competitive with 1st tier soccer nations for the next 20 years like I mentioned in my last post in this thread.

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the asst ref had a decent view
    he had a good angle with no players blocking right in front of him.

the ball was untouched by any other players before dong xuesheng scored.

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    but the way the ball bounced right in front of the player made it difficult for the asst ref to judge whether or not he touched it. Just saying from an objective point of view.

17. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I can't recall the specific matches, but the general impression I have is Iranian refs have been a problem for the China NT. I'm not sure why. The ref in this match was simply pathetic. Is there an anti-China sentiment in Iran? Or is it simply Oman bribery money talking in this match?

18. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

Can't agree more.

And there's one more thing, I never see any Japanese fans put out idiotic supposed-jokes about their NT. Supporters all the way. Their critiques of their team are usually more technical and analytical. Very much Unlike the huge portion of the Mainland Chinese fan base who are more than ready the throw the team under the bus, with stupid jokes and unwarranted harsh comments, often even when the team win.

Talk about low sports IQ, or simply low IQ.

19. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the end of the first half until the end of the first half of extra time. I am pretty much neutral, but I thought the referee actually called a good game. His AR blew the game for him missing the offside call that should have won the game for China at the end of regulation. The center ref really could not have seen it that well and couldn't have overruled him. It is a shame because the Chinese team really fought hard with 10 players for so long. I also didn't really see the foul that got the Chinese Asst. Coach sent off (he argued for a red card I think for cleats up), so I can't really comment on that. The Chinese players continued to dissent the refs decisions even after he issued several cautions for the same behavior.

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well if there's any anti-China sentiment, the following incidents are from my memory.

asian cup 2004, china vs. iran, shao jiayi dived, iranian red-card, china won the game.

some asian cup game in doha, i believe in 2006, borgdani (sp.) dribble the ball through the keeper, taunted the chinese team, and score the goal.

but above incidents are pretty damn long ago.

i remember last year an iranian told me he is still disappointed at the asian cup 2004 lost, i told him "lol you got world cup 2006", he shut up :rolleyes:

21. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think the ref is oversensitive.
    any decision will bound to have players speaking against him, and he should be used to that.

if he plays in a barcelona game, he would be mobbed by the team, should he give a yellow/red card spree then? ;)

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I wouldn't chalk that up as anti-China, since Iran lost that match to China. Out of sheer competitiveness they'd say things.

But as the third party and yet giving China a hard time, like this ref today, then it's close to anti-China in my book.

Or was it just Oman money talking?

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    shit mistake to my post
    it was NOT dong xuesheng who scored the would-be-winning goal
    it was 雷腾龙 (lei tenglong).

24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ntg. I feel your anger and sorrow. :( North Korea could have won against UAE 1-0 yesterday, but the referee gave a penalty. The UAE player tripped himself in the box, but the dumba** ref was too blind to see anything. Also something smells really fishy most of the Middle Eastern teams are qualifying for the Olympics. :confused:

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    mentioning middle east team...iran won 1-0 iraq (first leg), suddenly right before the second leg, iran was notified that they fielded an ineligible player, so the score changed from 1-0 iran victory to 3-0 iran lost.
    the iran team's morale was hit, and they lost 2-0 to iraq at home.
    pretty fishy i'd say :rolleyes:

going a bit off topic, i remember east asian teams have alot of issues playing against west asian team. taking asian cup for example, japan almost lost to syria due to many outrageous decisions.

and yes, i could smell dead fish over middle eastern teams qualifying for the olympics. won't be surprised if they replace aussie, skor, and japan. :rolleyes: