2011 Annual General Meeting

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by brentgoulet, Dec 16, 2011.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Any news out yet ?

2. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for starting the thread. No real news, but some info on the meeting from the league site.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/home/585861.html

Any one have any team contacts that might be willing to share some news?

3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USL posted a few things on facebook yesterday, including FC Tucson joining the PDL.

5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    these Tucson boys will travel more miles than most EPL teams

6. blueballs69

blueballs69 Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Coming out of the AGM. Top two PDL teams (last year standings) in each division qualify for US Open Cup.

7. MuzzaFC

MuzzaFC Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Almost like the meetings didn't happen since there doesn't seem to be any chaos :p

8. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The orgs of the year are Orlando City, Fresno Fuego and Ottawa Fury.

Rookie teams of the year are Wilmington Hammerheads, Hamilton FC and DC United Women.

Fair Play awards are Charlotte Eagles, Mississippi Brilla, and W-League tie between DDL and and LI Rough Riders.

9. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did Ottawa Fury win it for? And aren't they moving to the NASL? You know, in theory and at some undefined point in the future...

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ottawa Fury was for W-League.

11. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fury ownership is part of the group that is getting a NASL franchise. It's not the Furty as ownership. I'm not sure what the criteria is for winning org of the year. It's usually a combination of on the field, front office stuff, game day stuff, meadia / pr stuff.

12. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    From Orlando City's facebook page:

‎2012 USL PRO schedule and alignment will be announced Tuesday at 1:00 pm EST

13. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, if they get it out that soon, that's pretty good. And even better for the teams because with a schedule it's easier to sell season tickets. I wonder if we will hear any new team announcements in the next couple of days.

14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the scheduling work is tomorrow, so that makes sense, actually.

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Battery announced the same info regarding the 2012 schedule on their FB as well.

This is alot earlier than in the past. Typically the AGM is in November and the schedule is hashed out then but I don't remember it being released before late January.

Anyhow it will be great to see it this early!

16. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the varoius leagues meet to put together their scheduels during the AGM. They usually end up with a draft and most times it's not finalized till after the first of the year, some times not till Feb or later.

It's a interesting sight to see, teams come with their wish list of dates that they want and then negociate with the other teams or in the case of PDL division on who get's what dates.

17. Mikeyratt

Mikeyratt Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Richmond, Va
    Kickers also announced everything would be released Tuesday at 1:00pm. Maybe they did things different this season. God forbid somebody actually invested in a computerized scheduling program.

18. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they come through with the scheduling. I am very eager to make plans for the spring and summer.

19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Hax

Hax BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 1, 2000
    Not surprised in the least. With the city of Harrisburg bankrupt and City Island suffering damages from the flooding this past fall, the City Islanders home venue is a bit up in the air. The team had many issues last season, remember their first two home games of 2011 had to be rescheduled because of weather damage, and since they lease the "stadium" from the city, there were concerns about money and the viability of Skyline Sports Complex as a venue. The city is not going to pay for renovations, but Skyline needs many (some from a safety vantage point) and the team needs assurances about its functionality. This is purely speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the City Islanders play elsewhere for some or all of 2012. There are many other local facilities that offer better playing surfaces and won't have as many problems with weather cancellations. I know the team is named after City Island, and I wish there was the money to renovate Skyline because its setting is amazing, but it's a terrible venue (both in terms of facilities and cost-effectiveness).