2011 AFC Champions League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Mudang, Dec 7, 2010.

1. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow I guess evil does prevail....:(

2. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    fuking piece of shit qatari side

3. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Jeonbuk only really have themselves to blame. Seo Jung-jin was poor as was Park Won-jae in terms of their decision making in the final third. A number of good chances wasted.

My nomination for MOTM goes to the Al Sadd physios and med staff. Their brave and frequent forays onto the pitch ultimately prevented numerous cardiac events, strokes, aneurysms, gunshot wounds and IED-related fatalities. Shining paragons of modern medicine.

On another note that I won't elaborate on, Jeonbuk may have lost, but the symbolic victory goes to anybody with even the slightest bit of distaste for Qatar football, national, club or otherwise.

4. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I don't know or care if Al Sadd served to win, but neither Suwon nor Jeonbuk played like deserved winners. You can't expect to win a tournament with a defense that can't even deal with the simplest attacks. Choi Gang-hee's decision to take out his DM (Jung Hoon) for an additional striker (Kim Dong-chan) was laughable. Granted, Kim Dong-chan had decent movement and played fairly well, but Jeonbuk needed balance in their shape to dictate tempo and to defend Al Sadd's counterattacks. Taking out a defensive player was the last thing they needed.

5. KiChungWon

KiChungWon Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Your Heart <3
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I know I'm pretty late, but could someone explain what Al Sadd did in their previous game? I know there was some sort of brawl, but what the hell happened?

6. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    닥공 didnt work tonight. Kim Dong-Chan for Jung Hoon didnt make sense. LDG was so poor that Che Kang-Hee must have known he wasnt ready. Three lungs Eninho was running around do much and being fouled so much that he was cramping up so much in the latter half of the game. Jung Sung-Hoon was heading the ball down well but Jeonbuk kept trying to go through the middle despite an 11 men defence.

The ref was stange, he allowed so many fouls and only gave free kicks when a yellow was warranted.

Al Sadd's defence was good, especially their goalie but their blatant grass rolling was shameful.

Lesson 1: Never let pks decide your fate especially if you've been hitting the wood work throughout the game.

Lesson 2: dont play 닥공 against a team who can defend but also counter. Grind out a win by reinforcing your defence and mid and keeping possession. A lot of bad passing today.

7. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Sad day for the AFC that a club like Al Sadd won the ACL Championship. A sad day.

8. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    So yeah um, I fainted a few seconds after Belhadji scored the last PK and just woke up. That was kind of cool.

9. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    AFC is a joke

10. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I started to watch during extra time.

- I remember a time when the Korean teams were strong in penalty kicks. I think a lot of the Korean players get too nervous. And some of the less experienced players are too obvious.

- Jeonbuk was strong as a team on offense, but got in danger during the few times that Al Sadd got near the goal area. This was when a lot of the Jeonbuk players were up front while too few were at the back defending, but I guess it was because Jeonbuk was trying to score before time ran out. Jeonbuk needs to improve their goaling abilities and defense. Al Sadd had good players.

11. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    I only checked here after seeing the results and squad lists on Wikipedia, and couldn't find any dates... It seems hat Sadd pulled something dirty to win the title, but did they go as far as to strip talent away from Jeonbuk before the final?

12. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIM9m0JNGk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIM9m0JNGk&feature=related[/ame]