2011-2012 Serie A campaign (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Petkovic is a risky hire, since he's someone that hasn't been involved with Calcio Italiano and it does take managers some time to adapt. But my hope is that he becomes the new Zeman of calcio.

I also must applaud Reja he did a terrific job here. He reinstilled a confidence that had been lacking for years in the squad. After the Ballardini disaster Lazio we're close to the drop zone and he helped pull the team up from that mess.

He deploys a 3-4-3, which would probably be a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 with the players at our disposal. It helps the defense as Diakhite, Radu, Biava and even Scaloni who played well down the stretch would all be adeqaute for this fromation. As Squadra mentioned Konko and Lulic move to the outside Mid positions which suits them both. Lotito and Tare will need to pick up a forward. With all the attacking mids at our dispsoal, it would be wise to have two of Hernanes/Ederson/Mauri/Candreva behind Klose.

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Absolutely Rob, Reja turned Lazio's identity back to where it should be and the confidence is there to strive and not settle. Reja has created a great family within Lazio (a reason why Zarate had to go). There were no selfish players on the team this year and Lazio were able to beat the big teams except of course the unbeatable Juve.

Petkovic will come in with the bar raised high. He has to satisfy the fans which Reja couldn't regardless of great table finishes. It was the easy games we couldn't win and hopefully this attacking football being implemented can help this. But there is a big warning that it can easily fail.

3. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    CalcioScommesse update....

Mauri released from prison but investigators dont believe him.... Maaah f*ckkk off!!

FIGC attorney says Lazio can be deducted up to 6 points this season but a guilty plea will see it possibly reduced to one.

AAAhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa some merdista's in charge are getting desperate. Non Mollare Mai is Lazio's motto. Ya.. we should confess, that were innocent to any BS thats been thrown at us and will be thrown at us.

4. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    where was petkovic managing last year?

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Samsunspor and FC Sion. From w hat i've read, he saved FC Sion from relegation with the team having points deducted from the beginning of the season. Still not a stellar profile, but he was cheap and thats right up Lotito's alley

Bianconeri13 repped this.
  6. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    apparently he was only appointed manager of sion may 15th 2012 haha, suspect credentials but it doesn't matter what you did in the past only the future. i mean conte didn't have a great past, strama has come on from nowhere; excited to see what pet can do

any idea why he resigned from samunspor?

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beat you guys in the primavera final

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Although I didn't watch the game, Lazio screwed up their first goal on a miscommunication between defender and keeper and the inter weaseled in and put it home. Lazio scored both their goals in stopages in both halves while inter put in 3.

Still not a bad finish for Lazio, as we even beat ASR in the semis.

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    none of our goals were pretty besides the last one, just wanted to put it out there since no one keeps track of these things(I myself have recently found out)

10. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually caught the second half of the semis against ASR. The quality is a bit of a step down but its always nice to see the individual brilliance our Primavera team can do.

I should point out that our star striker and our star D Ceccarelli (15 goals in 18 games before going on loan) and Cavanda were not playing because they were out on loan to Juve Stabia and Torino respectively. Could have been a much different game.

Onazi and Ceccarelli are likely to be with the SS Lazio pre-season training and friendlies. After Kozak this could be our next regulars on the Lazio team.

11. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Really excited Petkovic took over Lazio. A Bosnian manager teaming up with Lulic. Lets hope it brings results.

12. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The players so far has admitted they have trained very hard these first few days and Ledesma hopes some balance will come. Edy Reja is worried more tactically while it seems Petkovic wants an 'aggresive Lazio' that will outrun and muscle our opponents.

Hard to tell at this point about Petkovic. Serie A is more skill and tactical than any other leagues. I wish all the success to Petkovic

13. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    While I agree that it is a more tactical and skill based league, I find it refreshing that Petkovic is taking a different approach. Serie A clubs have historically struggled with English teams that play a hard running style. The question i have is whether we have the players to adapt to such a style?

14. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Two consecutive losses back to back days against Siena and Torino 0-1 and 0-3 respectively. The first loss to Siena was argued it was our bench on display and Siena scored on their only chance. Now this loss to Torino was even greater with our strongest playing(injuries aside).

They are just friendlies but 0-3 is an alarm. Petkovic is overworking the team and his tactics couldn't have been more ineffective so far.