2011-2012 Offseason Thread: League Wide Info II

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Feb 16, 2012.

1. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Burns is negotiating with players of that level. Good pick up

2. bayernrevs

bayernrevs Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Mass.
    Best laugh of the day.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Hopefully the Revs can afford postage for the DVD.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really shows you what some teams are trying to do ... and then there's us.

5. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    This is probably Burns' negotiating tactic with German Nat'l team players...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4"]Hitler says NEIN for 10 minutes - YouTube[/ame]

6. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good read to see how another club who was slow to acclimate to MLS 2.0 is doing

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2012/3/7/2853604/fc-dallas-gm-doug-quinn-discusses-opening-day-stadium

On selling out games and building a fanbase:

"That’s simple too, you’ve got to have season tickets. The foundation of any professional sports franchise, I don’t care what league it is or what sport it is, is you’ve got to have season ticket holders. We tripled season tickets last year, we’ll double season tickets this year, we’re already up 40% over last year and that was a week ago. We’re selling at a pretty rapid pace, our ticket sales department is, I want to say 300 times larger than when I started. It’s a large group and they’re all trained."

7. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not going to leap to conclusions here, but 300 times larger? If their ticket sales was ten, it's now 3 thousand? I guess that they would have to have a ticket rep for each account holder to do that.:D I think maybe he was looking for 300%.

Had Mike Burns said the same things, he would be pilloried for this error. Also other than growing the ticket sales group, what Doug Quinn had to say is the same stuff the Revs have said to us this year.

8. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great point on the sales team growth, caught that too. But then again, it is sales so.. :D

For Burnsie, I doubt he'd comment on STH growth etc. That's Bilello's area - I doubt Burnsie is a business guy with any type of control over off-field stuff. He's more of a quasi-technical local figurehead clutching onto a soccer gig as long as he can.