2011-2012 CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2011.

1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Dog, relax. Mexicans and Nigerians are not rivals. We like you guys. No need to spaz out like the Mickey Mouse League fans. Don't let them rub off on you.

Breathe, bro, it'll be ok. I wish Nigeria success, your youth teams have been impressive. That is, if they really were youth teams :D

2 people repped this.
  2. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Respect for that man. And I know that much.

Look, we never reveal our ages bro. You know how old Fredy Adu is? He's actually 55 years old. We don't age like normal ppl bro. We can do that bc West Africans all stay so youthful! ;)

But I'm also an American so I gotta stand up for the country that took my family in. I love Nigeria but I also love the life that my family has been able to live in the US. These colors don't run. Dual citizenship homie! It's the shit. I hated my British cousins for the month leading up to when we played them in the World Cup too but we all rooted for Africa in the end. It's all about separation of football identity.

Okay enough with the hand-holding kumbaya shit. I have to go back to rooting for your team's failure. It's not personal. All's well with love and football and all that.

3. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mmls still sucks.

1 person likes this.
  4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    "Wow", the mickeymouse league has really shown their power in North America over the years even though they have a population of 333 million, more money and resources than any other country, plus no relegation to weaken any teams.

How many concacaf championships do u guys have thru a fair home-and-home format? Bragging after only 2 matchdays shows what a bunch of idiots u all are.

5. Adrian559

Adrian559 Member+

Apr 29, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

********in ay

6. tomreel555

tomreel555 New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    you are right - it is actually 19.5 thousand - and Vancouver is over 20 k and moving into a new stadium soon so will have bigger attendance. Either way, with the money being invested in academies there why will these teams not be competitive in the region?

And LOL - I am a fan of the club, I watch all their games even though they've sucked for their entire existence - so I happen to know their attendance especially since it is announced publicly at every game.

Why with a large number of immigrants and a sophisticated academy program will clubs not become better? I don't understand the denial.

Edit: I legitimately would like to understand, especially the attitude that Canadian clubs will never get better when you would expect a more objective view being as there is pretty much no rivalry or hatred between Mexico-Canada.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If their is no rivalry then why have you always talked shit about El Tri and the MFL?

1 person likes this.
  8. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    pwnt. Gonna rep yer sexy colombian aze sid.

9. tomreel555

tomreel555 New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    because of the ignorant arrogance of FMF fans here who post things like: MLS clubs will never become good - they will suck forever.

and I've never talked shit about the Mexican national team (maybe max a couple of posts)

I would prefer the U.S to win when they play Mexico, but that is only because of the arrogance that the Mexican national team + clubs will always be the best in region at all times. I usually root against U.S in all other sporting events like Hockey etc. - but specifically in this instance it is different.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Mexico as there are no social or sporting conflicts between the two countries and national teams.

What pisses me off is the stupid posters who think that MLS teams will always suck and that only Mexico can have a good national team + clubs.

So yeah, it's not because I would give a shit in the first place but because of all the arrogance and stupidity from the other side.

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Member+

Aug 29, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Lol. This truly is quite funny.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    People don't care for the Canadian teams in the MMLS because of garbage like this. So go ahead keep talking shit and then acting all hurt when people talk shit about the MMLS. Hypocrite.

12. tomreel555

tomreel555 New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    yeah, and if you'd read my post you'd see that it says the exact same thing I said here: that the only reason I get pissed off at Mexican national team fans is primarily because they think that no one else in the region will ever have skill or ever be good at the game. That is all.

People can root for whoever they want. I don't give a shit. Its just entertainment. It just happens to piss me the constant "we are always better and always will be better"

Edit: but I'm derailing the thread so I'll just stick to the "MMLS" section.

13. Adrian559

Adrian559 Member+

Apr 29, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I root for Canada in hockey.

14. Adrian559

Adrian559 Member+

Apr 29, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nobody is denial the league will grow its just delusional to think it will happen over night money does not automatically buy success.

15. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    Stay classy tom.

16. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL

who the hell takes Canada seriously in futbol?

hockey, well that's another story

17. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Your post in the Gold Cup Final prematch thread was idiotic. usa fans always dog Canada. Calling you guys "America's hat" or America Jr. Mexico never insults your country. So rooting for them over us was stupid on your part.

18. Charlie512

Charlie512 Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Texas
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Don't forget "the 51st state"

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah too much spazzing out. What are they going to say the day they win 6 CCLs in a row?

Reach a final of a Copa Libertadores, Win a Copa Sudamericana, ect

That they are head and shoulders the best league in the world :D

20. siva66

siva66 Member+

Apr 7, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Canada beasts in curling.

21. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah but everybody here criticized that and rightfully so. CONCACAF shouldn't be able to able to force people to do anything especially this way. It's like with the whole CONMEBOL?Copa America thing, they did it as far as they could. If Mexico would have wanted to they could have sent a C team to the Gold Cup and told CONCACAF to screw and they couldn't be forced to do so. They aren't god either.

Why not? It's really crap for them to do so but then why shouldn't they? If they don't care for the tournament, they can't be made to do so. CONCACAF can only do so much and that's a good thing.

22. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Namely, declare that the four Mexican teams in the CCL this season are barred from the 2012 Libertadores whether or not they survive the group stage - that would definitely get Pumas' attention.

23. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Sure. Check Pumas last Libertadores campaign and then get back to me.

1 person likes this.
  24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the only thing concacaf could do to cause a minimal controversy is to take away participant slots from FMF. Even then I don't think they would care much.

25. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tell that to Chuck Blazer.