2011-2012 CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by sidspaceman, May 18, 2011.

1. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oh man. I don't know if I can. That took some serious research (trying to find a dreadful tequila). lol

Santos will tank like a George Lopez punchline (yeah I know he's American...I'm reaching! I'm reaching!)

I couldn't go after Salma Hayek because...well...she's perfect. I might use Kuno Becker in the next one though.

2. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    no es facil

jugar con puros mexicanos...lol

4. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Bro...tell that to the guys posting our side. We're just hear clearing up what happened cuz apparently you all watched some other game on Wednesday night.

5. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Respuesta: Re: 2011-2012 CONCACAF Champions League [R]

Still didn't really answer the point about how the sentence of blaming a foreigner sounds.

But I'll respond to your point. Somewhat valid re: the fact he's an MLS ref, but keep in mind:

-MLS refs screw us every week. How often do you get screwed get by them?

-Whatever you say, this competiion is not concerned with league, it's organized by federation.

-You're definitely kinda grouping Americans and Canadians together by making this assumption.

-Little question (I don't know the answer), isn't this guy Mexican or at least Hispanic? I'm thinking the bias could easily go the other way (especially based on the calls, and the amount of diving he let you all do).

-If you're going to say we can't have American refs who call the game without phantom fouls (I think this is the real issue), then we're gonna ask that we don't get these Central American refs who do call phantom fouls. That'll leave us with a Carribean ref, no?

6. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Okay buddy, anything can happen, we didn't call it a lock. Talking shit is saying taht we have no chance. Honestly, I don't expect to win, but Saantos played bad last night. So maybe they're tired. Maybe they can't handle the sched. I don't know. Though I'm gonna attribute some of it to miserable conditions in TO.

But 11 corners to 1 says something. The time wasting by Santos shows they couldn't handle us yesterday. Nick Soolsma pulled some serious moves on your back four.

And all this talk about "It's gonna be different in Torreon" doesn't mean shit. A stadium is just that, a place where the game is played. The 22 guys on the field decide it.

The shit here is that you guys are pretending like Santos didn't get pwned last night. That's why Quintero had his outburst. He couldn't believe these gringos were beating him.

It wasn't the ref. Santos didn't come to play. The Reds were deserved.

Maybe they were at half speed. I'm not sure. But that's the excuse American fans make in this tourney whenever they lose to some Trinidadian team. So maybe Santos fans are more like typical MLS fans than us.

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What u fail to understand is that TFC didn't win they drew at home and gave up an away gol. As of right now TFC is losing the series. However, like a typical Mmls fan u guys r acting like you won something.

8. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    We said Santos got outplayed. That's true. You watched the game, right? It wasn't the ref's fault.

I don't know about you, but the only time I've faked an injury was when my team was outmatched (I've only done it once in a playoff match).

The shit being said is that somehow the ref was favouring us.

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Did you watch the game? Did it not end 1-1? All I know is that scoreline favors Santos

10. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I know, that's why you can't respond to my point above. Hollar when you can give any thoughts besides the scoreline.

Santos must have a 75% chance to win this at home, but you're acting like they somehow played better last night basing it on the scoreline. They didn't exactly win either.

But this isn't really about TFC's chances. The fact is that all the excuses put up by Santos fans were just that, excuses. They didn't bring their A game yesterday. Noone really thought TFC had a chance and really TFC looked like the better side.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yet all they could manage to do was to tie the game even though they were up a man.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

Once again, he didn't call him a foreigner but a gringo (Aka: american in this case). And yes a guy from the same league. Where does Canadian teams play? Monaco isn't France and yet it's a ligue 1 teams, well same thing for Canadians. It's bullshit that you get a ref from the same league reffing a game between leagues. Yes it may be by federations but you still play in MLS since you don't have your own league. It's insane to just go and say "It's Canadian teams" as if that doesn't make it part of MLS. The Toronto Blue Jays are a MLB team and all those hockey teams are NHL. Same thing here. Why can't CONCACAF choose a ref from Central America or the Carribean that isn't in the same league that one of the participants? It's BS.

13. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Gringo's least offensive translation is "foreigner". Not its most offensive. And even then, the comment sounds xenephobic.

They should consider it going forward, so we don't see lame excuses when the ref calls a pretty fair game. But again, won't we be able to point out that most Central American referees tend to favour Latin teams.

Judge the ref by the game called not where he's from (especially since he's not Canadian and guessing by his name is probably of hispnanic descent). He got most of the calls right. Though some more Santos players should have gone in the book.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

Oh my god, in Mexico gringo is used to refer to americans or american like guy and so it is in many places in Latin America. Don't tell me what offensive and not of my culture you condescending idiot.

Of course more Santos player should be carded, it's all on them not the saints Toronto organization that can't even stop their security guards from fighting. GTFO with that bullshit.

15. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

So you're going to tell us how to speak now? You can't change our language or our way of speaking. So if you want to be butt hurt about being called a gringo after we have numoursly told you what it means to us Hispanics then so be it.

Stop acting like Toronto played an awesome game, because they didn't even when santos played like shit with a men down you guys were still crap. How can you be content with your team getting a tie at home? You guys had everything in your favor and were barely able to come out with a tie. Pathetic

16. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

dude, seriously... it's used for "american". who are you to tell mexicans wtf it means?

17. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Nlsanand,search up "Gringo Torres" on wikipedia and tell me what comes up.

18. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

******** off bro...your argument is effectively saying "Because it's in Spanish it can't have been offensive, the content cannot be xenephobic, and no gringo can criticize it." or "Since it's in Spanish, your Canadian ass won't get it."

Btw what does American like guy mean? So really can it be any white guy (who doesn't speak Spanish), so it's not really a word for American? That's great then so it is racial.

Actually, no one has really given a stragiht answer on what gringo means. The initial response said on one of these forums was "It's not racial, it just means foreigner" I accepted that.

It's not Canadians who've made this an issue, it's the coach by saying "gringo" in the first place. Just so we're clear, the coach was just trying to make an excuse. He didn't raise the issue before. Then he used the ref's background as a deflection for the team's shortcomings.

Honestly, this is worse than talking to Americans. I'm done with this bullshit. No use of logic on the other side.

Santos players committed many tactical fouls (obvious jersey tugs) that many refs would give as yellows.

Santos players starts shit with TFC security. TFC guard responds and obviously is incensed. You blame TFC security guard and then use it to absolve Santos for having been responsible for the fight.

Did you work for the US government's foreign policy department in a previous life? It's the same circular reasoning the US uses to start wars in foreign countries.

19. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    where does Rafael say "white"? no, the argument is that the word on its own is not meant derogatorily nor is it an epithet. it's arrogant, at best, for YOU to explain to US its offensiveness or lack thereof. galindo was just saying "american" referee and "american" team. whether he misspoke in characterizing TFC as an american team is another issue, but he meant team and referee from the same league. he wasn't being derisive of TFC by referring to them as "un equipo gringo". if you're hellbent on being offended and getting indignant over the word "gringo", well, that's up to you. but to tell other mexicans what the subtext of a mexican's speech was is obnoxious.

20. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Rafa said "Gringo means American or American like guy"

I was asking him in my post, what does "American like guy" mean? I infer that as white, but I wanted to know what else it could mean?

His words not mine. So ask him.

21. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    These 2 Canadians are almost as bad as the nads, can't wait for santos to take of business so they can stop their trolling.

22. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sorry for being polite. I won't comment in here ever again. Thanks for the friendly exchange.

1 person likes this.
  23. RJD22

RJD22 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To be fair, it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that lerxst is joshing around in here. nlsanand on the other hand is just dense and plain delusional....

1 person likes this.
  24. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lerxts is actually being cool. Now the other guy is a troll.

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, George acknowledges his Mexicaness first and foremost, just like all other Mexicans from any country. We're proud like that. In fact, most Mexican fans here were born and live outside of Mexico.
    lol@ Becker, the Mexican Bieber.

Well, TFC is going down like John Candy after his heart stopped.

Too mean? Ok, then... TFC is as incompetent as Rick Moranis as a Ghostbuster. Who ya gonna call?!!!