2011-2012 Chinese Worldwide Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just so depressing

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i don't think that is any of your business.

"is there any players aboard anyway? :D"
    whether you are joking or not, what do you contribute to bigsoccer anyway?
    other than adding pointless remarks, such as "is that fcuking right?", "just so depressing", "am i fcuking right?".

3. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ntg, could you explain the restrictions of Chinese players from going abroad (excluding because of high price and talent)? I know they can't go to EPL because the Chinese national team is ranked too low or something like that...

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    top causes:
    - extra-ordinary high prices

- unwillingness/disinterest of most CSL club sending players oversea on market price, they charge overly high prices
    (e.g., shinji kagawa went to dortmund for only six-digits euro, this will not happen for most CSL clubs as they want seven-digits euro.)

(another e.g., chen tao and the changchun ginde boss were in arguments, chen tao wants to play oversea, ginde boss refuse to let him play oversea. chen tao did not play football at all briefly for almost a season before he escaped to Tianjin, up to now, chen tao still regrets not playing oversea)

- complicated contract, most players have hidden contract
    (oversea e.g., xu xin, the kid in athletico madrid, although on paper he belongs to athletico madrid; it was rumoured that his whole contract actually belongs to Tianjin, and Tianjin has final decision on his contract)

(local e.g., recent shanghai shenhua captain went to shenxin, the captain was blackmailed because there was a hidden "pre-existing contract" between the captain and shenhua that SHENHUA has the priority to make any decision of selling him or renewing his contract)

- because of above, not much european clubs want to buy any chinese players that were not proven at all on european ground, oversea clubs can buy chinese players BELIEVING it is for marketing purchase (e.g.: chen zhizhao, ma mingyu, zhou haibin lololol)

- in current time, zhang chengdong is the only player proven on european ground (portuguese liga)

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    EPL:
    - for long time to come, it would be difficult for any Chinese players to play in EPL
    - China is not above 75 or higher for a period of time
    - it also requires players to feature 80% of last some-number match

6. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    With the EPL, it is due to the lame UK work permit requirements. But you pretty much covered it with our FIFA ranking being too low (I think it was top 70 or 75 to be eligible for UK WP consideration?). Barring FIFA ranking, I remember there being some other way for "extraordinary talent" to overcome FIFA ranking, but still depends on approval by UK bureaucracy; in which case probably not so favorable for China.

Apart from that, the only real restrictions being whether a Euro team is willing to take a chance and let a Chinese player fill a roster spot (which may or may not have limited space requirements for foreign imports) rather than look into their own academy...

7. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No dual-citizenship recognition is a hindrance too. I was thinking a "loophole" would be to somehow get younger talents to apply or obtain european citizenship, but with the strict rules on that in China, obviously not an option :/

8. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I never know why the owners are so vindictive towards their players? Yeah I understand that a player should honor his contract and they don't want to be taken to the cleaners such as what
    Wayne Rooney did to Man Utd when he renegotiated his contract but if a player wants to leave then you might as well make a profit on him. I mean Changchun Ginde lost Chen Tao on a free.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    each CSL owner has different attitude to the players.

Ginde: do not sell any player oversea unless i am rewarded
    Zhu Jun/Shenhua: he likes young players, and he like marquee signings
    Xu Jiayin/Evergrande: like best players, occasional marquee signings that are not old, OK with players going oversea

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i will start the new 2012/2013 thread soon at the weekend.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CFA approached several mixed-blood person before, but CFA didn't follow up.
    Confirmed example: Xavier Chen
    Unconfirmed example: some african dude mixed with Chinese, not gonna say name cause the person, who told me the info, say don't say it out in terms of respect.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC