2011/12 Takayuki Morimoto @ Novara Calcio (ITA) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He deserves a calm place and an "out of relegation battle" team like Chievo Verona. Here (in my city) he can do pretty good.

2. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times does it need to be said, the guy needs to play day in and day out. Injuries are apart of the game, it happens, they haven't been career derailing, rather bumps in the road. But its a vicious circle where if your injured, of course you cant play, you cant train, cant practice, cant improve and arent going to play ahead of guys that stay on the field. Cant do anything about that sort of stuff though. But I do think if he gets playing time at a club, regular playing time that is, he can get stronger and avoid injury.

Im all for him moving back to Japan, hope the guy realizes that the Italy thing is just NOT panning out and he aint getting any younger. Zac needs to advise this guy or give him and Italian connection and get him some playing time. He is not JNT starting material IMO, even with a good scoring record and a shallow player pool to choose from. Okazaki/Lee are still my favorite options up top, then Mike, then Maeda/Morimoto.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol there are a lot of better strikers than Morimoto right now (and maybe even than Maeda), but I don't think he should get back to the J League at all, I don't see any reason to make such a back step.

That said, Novara's DS just said this: "He will not play in Serie B with us. We will meet with Sergio Gasparin (Catania) in the next days and see what we should do. He may play at Catania or at another Serie A team on loan. We will not sell his half because we believe in the player". (he is co-owned right now)

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm sure he will eventually explode. He's not a killer striker, but yes, he's a good player. 10 goals can be a possibile-achieving goal.

5. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can't believe he injured himself. again. even in a NT friendly match. :rolleyes:

7. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jesus...that explains his substitution

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    His precarious phisical condition was the reason cuz Chievo Verona didn't take him in the winter market.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, he simply didn't pass the medical check at that time. Maybe he could've pass it before

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I know this, and I think he didn't pass cuz of his precarious phisical condition but I'm not an expert of medical check so maybe you can explain me.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    it's simply that he still had an ankle inflammation problem at the time. Otherwise he wouldn't even pass the check when going from Catania to Novara ;)

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Than this guy seems an ever-ill/injured player "Robbery" style w/o those amazing skills...

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah it seems that they still want him on loan, hope it's true.

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm going to take a photo with him if he will come here in Verona :D

16. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    He's also on Kashiwa's list according to El Golazzo.

17. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Will something ever change? Or will it be the same every year. 4-5 goals. Injured then benched. It's a cycle.

Whispered11 repped this.
  19. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    seolseol, so you think he/himself want this happen ???

20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Listen to me guys: Chievo Verona is an healty and calm reality where he will live w/o any pressure and fear.
    I think this is the right place where he can revive his agonistic spirit.

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No.

22. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Didn't they reject a loan due to some health issue? his knee, I believe. so they just renew their interest? this would be good for him, playing in Serie A... rite?

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    man, no offense but please try to keep up with the topic. We discussed this not even one page ago here. He didn't pass the medical checks. It's not about "rejecting the loan". It's the rule. You don't pass the check, you don't get signed, of course. It's not like Chievo decided to drop him.

24. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe joining Kashiwa

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Impossible, unless it's a loan (and that wouldn't make any sense too for the 2 clubs that own him and want to raise his value) or Kashiwa is paying more than 2 millions (they surely aren't selling him at a loss)