2011/12 Shinji Kagawa @ Dortmund (GER/CL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So if he's not on the ball, Kagawa becomes completly useless then? Seriously, I don't ever remember Scholes being any good at defending, ever. Playing next to decent DM though, within a team utilising a decent system of play, he has gone from a very creative mover with the ball, to gradually evolve into the older pass and move player we see now.

If you can find footage of older MU games with Scholes playing the AM/CM position, he's ridiculously diferent to the player we see now, and that was always with one DM player behind him too.

Compared to what though?

If all attackers simply stood still when they lost the ball, football would be a very different sport. Offensive on paper, can be very different in action, and SAF has already deployed the exact formation I proposed for Kagawa's inclusion, with a decent record of success off the back of it too.

2. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Scholes was kind of famous for his bad tackles and all so I agree he was not exactly a great defender. Kagawa is far from an ordinary training cone as well. As already mentioned he has ran the most of all Bundesliga players in this season and you dont acomplish a feat like that without properly defending and busting your ass.
    However there is one big difference between Kagawa and Scholes. Kagawa goes to attack, he scores lots of goals and wracks havoc with his one touch passes near or in the penalty area.
    He cannot do that while in MC role and it would be a terrible waste if he was confined there and still he would probably spent a lot more time in the attacking third than Scholes.
    SO...

My point Kagawa and just one more midfielder cannot cover and rule the midfield, He needs two players in behind him to cover for all the space he leaves.
    I have an idea where he will play though and I ll draw it out for you

GK
    back four
    MC MC
    AMR- AMC(Rooney)- Kagawa
    striker

I believe Kagawa will be set to occupy the place he holds in his national team at least when Sir Alex Ferguson will decide not to use traditional wingers.
    He may also be used as AMC by pushing Rooney a bit ahead or as a cover if Rooney ends up injured.

I believe that will be Kagawa's role.

So MU will probably have - Ashley Cole, Valencia, Nani, Rooney, Kagawa to fill the 3 positions behind the striker.

And depending on what he'll need Sir Alex will use them accordingly with Rooney probably playing all the games he can)

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kagawa is on top of the world right now!

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ashley Cole?

And I have a feeling Nani will leave.

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I write this things too late lol

This has happened a lot of late. Ashley Young of course. It may be Nani indeed leaves, I would have a smirk on my face if he does ;)

7. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i checked her out. Ameri Ichinose? she aint that good i must admit. she's a bore. dont waste your time checking her videos.

[​IMG]

if i had the choice, i would go with my current top two. first is shiori kamisaki

[​IMG]

and Jessica Kizaki

[​IMG]

other honorable mentions are; Rio,Aino Kishi,Kato Rina,Minori Hatsume, Yuria Kiritani and my alltime fav, Yua Aida.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You think that if Miyaichi (and Lee) achieved one Kagawa couldn't?
    I mean, really.

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This is just a filler until the deal is finalized.
    Winning 3 cups with a club in the Bundesliga + SAF angrily chewing gum = UK work permit.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would be stupid and tragic if that stopped the move!!

12. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Absolutely right. Slam dunk on appeal.

13. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If both Ryo Miyaichi and Tadanari Lee can obtain work permit, I'm sure the Samurai Blue and Borussia Dortmund playmaker can obtain one as well. He is "an exceptional talent" and been important for both club and country, if the FA rejects it, they must be blind!.

14. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    It isn't beyond them though...

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously there is no debate needed.

The initial request will be denied they will appeal Kagawa will transfer.

Dax repped this.
  16. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    It will be denied and Kagawa will play for Dortmund until his contract runs out ;)

17. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    all likely that united will finalize the deal after the three japanese national's three wc qualifiers

18. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I just realize something. The Match against Oman is the first match Kagawa played the full 90min of the match in a very long time. He hasn't played full time for Dortmund, which led me to thinking he lack the stamina for a full game. I wonder how he played throughout the match? He didn't scored, but set up chances via the left side. Got an assist with Maeda's goal. Japan kept up the attacks throughout the match, how was his individual performance?
    Also how many total goals and assist he racked up for Dortmund throughout his time there? Wikipedia listed as 29 goals, 15 assists in 71 matches. and this was for all competitions... just want to get the fact straight. I dunno since I'm new to football... does this counts as impressive stats or not? 44/71, that's 60% productive rate?

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    its not that he lacks stamina. He runs the most and his playstyle is also focused on high energy plays

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

First off, Man U always use wide players. Always. The whole club from top to bottom play the same way, and that's around various modified versions of the traditional 4-4-2.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GK - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    RB - - - - - - - - - - - - CB - - - - - CB - - - - - - - - - - - LB
    - - - - - - - - - - - - CM - - - - - - - - - DM - - - - - - - - - - -
    RW - - - - - - - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - - - - - - - LW
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FW - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Even with the clubs traditional love of wingers though, I still believe as long as SAF signs Kagawa, he will begin to rotate/change formation, but in an attempt to revert to something they were using a few years back.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DM - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - AM/CM - - - - - - AM/CM - - - - - - - - -
    RW - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - LW
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FW - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The fashionable 2 holding mids formation sounds logical, but doesn't interest SAF that much, as the ballance of his teams has always been about attacking football first. So seeing this next season.....
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - DM - - - - DM - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    RW - - - - - - - - - - - - - - AM - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kagawa ?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FW - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    would seem a bit extreme for a manager who could have used it at any time last season with simple tweak to the line up to get.....
    - - - - - - - - - - - Jones - - - - Carrick - - - - - - - - - -
    Valencia - - - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - - - - - Nani
    - - - - - - - - - - - Welbeck/Hernandez - - - - - - - - - -

Nani's agent pulls this same trick every few years, sniffing around for some extra dough off the back of one of his high more high profile clients. So heading into a major shop window like the Euro's, it's no surprise to hear more news of Nani weighing up his latest options with the cash rich clubs of Serie A once again :rolleyes:.

Speaking as a regular viewer of all things Man U, Nani's easily the clubs most talented winger, only lacking the consistency to carry his best form throughout a whole season. If SAF lets him go in favour of CM/AM player like Kagawa, I personally feel it would be a huge step in the wrong direction for the direction of team.

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kagawa wont be used as AMR and tried as a winger that I am willing to bet

Only 3 options

AML (not a traditional winger - same role he plays in national team)
    AMC
    MC with loads of offensive duties

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    thank you for everything, Klopp-san.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well I hope he enjoys attention, because home boy is about to become HUGE!