2011/12 Ryo Miyaichi @ Bolton Wanderers FC (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by sc-f, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wenger said that he will loan him only to EPL clubs. So it's either Arsenal or EPL again.
    It would be really fun if he was loaned to Southampton :D

2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Don't hate me but it's a good event for Ryo that Bolton is relegated. If not he will prob. stay there benching in a team where none trust in him and his amazing skills.

New season, new team, new hopes, new mates, new (BETTER for sure) football and a new Miyaichi.

And let's wait for what he will show in the Olympic Games.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Why this belief that any japanese player is a genius ignored by his coach ? He played, was not convincing towards the end, and this situation wasn't good for a rookie.

4. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Haha yeah. Today reminded me of MLB's final daay last year (for those of you who're baseball fans also). Thought that Arsenal might do the exact same thing my dear Boston Red sox did and blow a convincing lead on the last day.

Anyways, I'd love to see Ryo pair up with Lee at southampton or hopefully with Kagawa if he sensibly chooses Arsenal over Man U. I'm really hoping that these guys can pave the way for a huge influx of Japanese into the Premier League.

5. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope that he will find a new spot somewhere else. 6-months-loan in Bolton was good.

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryo had a successful showing for the most part, he started out like a house on fire! But...what happens to a house on fire? It burns out/down! I think he got fatigued and I think hes still too raw to make a huge impact. Bolton were looking for consistency not flashes of brilliance, thats why I believe Ryo got benched the last month or so of the season. Plus, I dont think the coach wanted all that pressure to be on a 19 year old transfers shoulders, he wanted the vets and true Bolton players playing to stay on top.

Anways, about Ryo and where hell end up, im guessing he wont be starting or getting too much playing time when he goes back to Arsenal. So its looking like he could get loaned out again to a mid or lower level EPL team. I just wonder if coaches will give him a chance since everyone knows his game, hes a great athlete and has raw ability, but he isnt a complete soccer/football player as of yet. He needs to slow down and play under control, work on his passing and crossing, and his decision making in general. Itll be interesting to see where he ends up, but I think if hes given a chance to start and grow, once he does reach his potential or close to it and things start to clock, that team will have hit the jackpot.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Do you agree with me that Bolton showed one of the worst football of the history? Not a single match i viewed was at least "nice", at the most it was irritating, not a surprise they are relegated.
    I really hope Ryo will find a nice place where play his amazing football in the next season.

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    His house burned pretty much when he was made to play RM instead of LM. He wasn't able to cut in as effectively and use his pace as much to his advantage then.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Saku² repped this.
  10. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya Bolton were just awful, it was hard to watch them play. No skilled players, no fluid passing, even their keeper was atrocious. Their defense was ok, but you can't stop wave after wave for ever.

If Ryo plays with complimenting players he will be deadly, when he has a player 1-1 he's almost impossible to stop. But he of course needs to work on using his other foot like someone was saying when he switched to the other wing he was pretty much neutralized. That among other things..as for Bolton it was sad to see them go out like that. They have a decent team with names, but the injuries were just too much, no excuses though. They will have to battle back but I wonder if players like LCY and Holden and Muamba are willing to play in the 2nd Division. Interesting to see what happens. As for Ryo I hope he plays for the Olympic squad and gains even more hype and experience.

11. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Miyaichi is really entertaining to watch, they way he handles 1-on-1 situations is magnificent. But I don't think Wenger would give him alot of playing time next season. A loan is most likely. I know Wenger really wants him to play in EPL, but with his skills and pace, I think he c0uld be an instant hit in Bundesliga and create the same sensation that Kagawa did with Dortmund.
    Just a thought...

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he has many flows to fix first, highlights are always good looking. He could start by fixing that bad habit everytime he's about to cross, this little step that annihilates every advantage he has taken with his speed.

13. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    oh, you mean how he's easy to read, that one extra step the nullified the surprise.

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He's not in the Olympic Games squad, I red somewhere it is his choice.

16. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    But he was picked for JNT friendly so...

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I know infact in the same interwiev he said that his future is in the senior team, not the youngs' one.ù
    But for me it's stupid to cut off a possibility to learn something and show his skills in the Olympic Games.
    However I'm very excited to see him finally with the Samurai Blue jersey.

This is the source (if someone can translate):

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2012/05/16/kiji/K20120516003258750.html

18. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I won't. He has to play in the EPL.

20. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats a pretty exciting proposition, him and Tadanari can team up! He should be able to get consistent playing time, the only thing I don't like about these relegation battle teams(assuming they'll be at the bottom of the table since they're newly promoted) is that they don't play possesion football therefor less touches for Miyaichi...but its still better than not playing!

I hope he plays with Southhampton, I feel sorry for Coyle and Bolton, but the kid aint playing in the Championship League.

22. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm ok with that.

23. Blue-San