2011/12 Ryo Miyaichi @ Arsenal FC (ENG/CL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Ryo Miyaichi (宮市 亮)

D.O.B - 14 December 1992

History
    2011- Arsenal F.C.
    -----> Feyenoord (loan)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNi4DHLAXCM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - ‪??? ????-RYO MIYAICHI 2010-11-‬‏[/ame]

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Re: Ryo Miyaichi's Thread [R]

It's a myth that Twente is interested in Ryo.

4. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

i doubt they will get a visa for him...just not yet

much more likely to stay at Feye or other club in the Netherlands

7. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  8. Re: Ryo Miyaichi's Thread [R]

I donot know what that grin smiley is about, but as I in the first week of Ryo at Feyenoord posted in the Arsenal thread, the hiring of Ryo to make Arsenal (and Ryo) profit from our ability to nurture talents isnot what I want, because it isnot profitable to us and it blocks our own talents to get first team experience. So the threat isnot a dummey, it is real and for Ryo it can mean that he has to go somewhere else in Europe. Our talents are our capital and if an outsiders talent blocks one of us it means capital destruction. Ryo's development at Feyenoord has increased his value but none of that comes to us, so what is the use of doing it if it means we are going to loose capital invested in our own young players.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

But to be fair, when Ryo wasn't there, Feyenoord were a real contender to get relegated.

Obviously you can't infer they WOULD have got relegated but it isn't exaggerating to suggest that one major reason why Feyenoord performed much better in the 2nd half of the season was because of Ryo Miyaichi.

So for Feyenoord, the use of having Ryo wasn't REALLY about developing a young player. Because he wasn't slowly blooded into the team and stuff, he came in IMMEDIATELY and produced results for Feyenoord with several outstanding games. So the use of having Ryo was to make Feyenoord a better team for the rest of the season.

So if you want to say you guys lost money on having Ryo, he more than made up for that with his performances and definitely was one reason Feyenoord didn't fall into relegation.

10. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

Yeah exactly it's not all about face value. I think Ryo's presence made the other players more lively as the weeks went by changing the fate of the club in some ways. Next season too the interest has to be mutual wherever that will be.

11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

So basically you don't want loaned players at Feyenoord who are better than your youth products as they play and your players won't? If the coaching staff thinks the same way, I can assure you that I certainly don't want Miyaichi at Feyenoord next season too.
    But if they are professionals they might be aware of a few things:
    First, there is no significant cost involved. With their cooperation with Arsenal (which is obsolete in your opinion?) I doubt they even take over Miyaichi's probably rather low wage. Second, Miyaichi has already proved his talent at your club in your league so he is no unknown and doesn't even need time to get adjusted. Third, if your head coach didn't choose the youngster you have for the position even once over Ryo what does it tell you about his quality? Is he the kind of talent that your club will receive millions for in a few years? I don't know him but the trust Miyaichi got from Been tells me a lot.

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Good

I heard he left Japan today, which number he will take?

14. Re: Ryo Miyaichi's Thread [R]

First it is your assumption he's better than what we have, based on Been putting him in the team. I can tell you that Been isnot the coach I trust at all as he didnot not proof to be the coach Feyenoord needs for the second season in a row. Been was the coach the season before this one that had no clue how to use one of the best scoring machines in the world, Roy Makaay. In stead he talked trash about him, so Been isnot a stamp of approval for quality to me.

"If the coaching staff thinks the same way, I can assure you that I certainly don't want Miyaichi at Feyenoord next season too..."

Mmmm, you feel hurt...But my comment wasnot about comparing quality. Cabral is a highly talented player and the risk loosing him because of a player that doesnot add to our treasure chest is what my comment was about. Pure economics. The only one profiting from Ryo's stay at Feyenoord is Arsenal and we run the risk of loosing talent and money. It is that simple. This isnot Ryo bashing, if you interpreted it that way.

And for your information about the quality of our youth players, the majority of our Youth Orange teams the last few years are Feyenoord youngsters. The U17 European champions were 7 from our academy.

Players on loan only makes sense when your team is in desperate need for an experienced player that can fill a hole in the selection. Any other situation is madness, given the quality of our youngsters.

15. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Man, I am not feeling hurt... *sigh*
    If you don't want him or any other loanee because he is blocking your youth products, fair enough. If you say that you don't like Been for choosing Ryo over your Cabral, fair enough. I can say it again: IF your coaching staff thinks the same way, then I would not want Miyaichi there in the new season. It's not something I will lose sleep for.

16. Re: Ryo Miyaichi's Thread [R]

That's not what I'm saying. I donot like Been because of the way he coaches Feyenoord, so any linking of supposed quality to his choices isnot a good argument.
    I like Ryo very much. As a player and as a person. So it isnot about him, but about the wrong choices of the management that damages the club.
    Ryo made a wrong choice too by signing for Arsenal. No young Japanese talent should ever sign for any EPL club, as they will be dragged around Europe, playing for clubs they didnot choose. When you are going to play on the continent for years anyway, why the hell sign for an EPL club in the first place.
    If Ryo was our player I wouldnot mind a battle of the talents at all, because in that case all would benefit.

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yes, signing for Arsenal was a bad, bad choice...

18. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

feyenoordsoccerfan I think you are overcomplicating this for us to be honest. Your opinion on the coach is irrelevant to us as that's your internal issue. The question on the table is whether Ryo can help practically or mentally in the table next season because that's what he was last season and I can only speak based on that evidence rather than speculative quality of the club in 3 months time. That's what I mean by a mutual interest. From your point of view it's a very very simple question. Can Ryo help in some ways next season? There are only 2 possible answers and that's the only one you need to answer. From our point of view it's a bit more complicated but that's not your burden and you don't have to account for it.

19. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka

Did he lose weight or is it just me?

22. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think it's just you, he needs to gain more muscles by the way

183cm and 71kg, I think he's too skinny

23. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[​IMG]

24. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

Maybe a kilo or so more but 71 isn't bad you know. It's all in the mind beyond mid 60s but like I said for Ohno he could do with some taikan traning too.

25. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

back to the question, Ryo's possible next season on loan. If he can't join Arsenal and Feyenoord doesn't want him, what are the current options and where would he fits in, you think?
    What are the odds that he can play in EPL next season? even though he had to senior caps yet, his performances in the eredivise would help his odds right?
    If not, other than the AZ and Twente rumors, would going to the Serie A be good for him. I remember Napoli was interested and wanted to add him to their squad if they made it to the UCL, which they did. I haven't heard any updates on this. whether they still want him or not. Would he be overwhelm in the Serie A? how different it is to Eredivise?