2011/12 Masahiko Inoha @ HNK Hajduk Split (CRO/EL) Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Masahiko Inoha (伊野波 雅彦)

D.O.B - 28 August 1985

History
    2006-2007 F.C. Tokyo
    2008-2011 Kashima Antlers
    2011- HNK Hadjuk Split

Is he the 2nd Japanese player to play in Croatia? Or am I missing someone besides Kazu?

edit: fail typing. Mods please add an "s" in the title.

2. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Re: Masahiko Inoha' Thread

All I can say is: why?

Anyway it seems that he's also started his own Facebook page. One of the few Japanese sportsmen to do so?

3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Well I guess that Croatia isn't such a strange destination as it seems like there is a history of Japanese players going there.

5. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I think it's not that bad,you must see it in a conection.He want to improve himself on the european stage.Sure,maybe the croatia league is not as good as the j-league but european football is european football and maybe he want to look how it feel and after his sucess there he gets a better ofer.So from this point it's absolutely understanable.

6. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

This fella played for Rijeka a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshika_Matsubara

There were also few in lower divisions.. but since i cannot even remember their names that probably tells you all about their quality. Probably lower division players in Japanese league system as well.

Little bit of googleing says that some guy called Hidetoshi Wakui was on trial at Slaven Belupo this winter but they decided not to offer him contract.

Anyway.. Inoha's first pic as Hajduk player:

[​IMG]

They have 3 more preseason games.. against Steaua, Bursaspor and Barcelona.. he should make his debut in one of those i guess. Could be already in friday against Steaua.

7. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It should be interesting to see him play against Barcelona. Hajduk has an anniversary this year, that is one of the main reasons Barca accepted the request to play a friendly match, although we should not expect to see all the best Barca's players

8. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia

He will probably make his debut in our second pre-season friendly match against Bursaspor in Austria.
    Btw, it is not Hadjuk as it writes in first post, it is Hajduk. Over here we hate to see that error. Even Barcelona official website wrote it wrong so we had to correct them :D

And can anyone write something about Masahiko, what are his good sides, bad sides, at which position he plays best (centre back, right back, or in midfield area)...

thanks in advance :)

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Can play anywhere across the backline in a 3 or 4 man defence.
    Has played with Kashima Antlers for 3-4 years, winning 2 J.League titles.

He's recently been added to the Japan national team squad but wasn't at the last world cup.

Apparently Hajduk got him for not much (i heard somewhere 200k) which is an absolute STEAL.

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Just a couple of questions for the Hajduk* (sorry about the spelling) Split fans.

1. What's the possibility of beating Dinamo this year? Was last year a bad year? Or was Dinamo really that strong?

2. What will the competition be like for Inoha? Will he get chances to play? Or was he signed as a back-up?

11. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia

1. First half of the season was very good, we entered europa league group stage and were on top in our domestic league but then couple of bad results (went out of the cup in second round, didn't win 2 matches in the league) and coach got fired and new one was terrible.
    We were a complete disaster in second part of the season, if only that part of the season would count we would be on the bottom

About the possibility of beating Dinamo, well it is going to be very hard. In this season (with new president, coach and many new players) our primary gold is that our team plays better than they did last season (that shouldn't be a problem :D )

2. Competition for Inoha is not very strong, our best defender is Ljubo Milicevic who came from Australia but unfortunately because of injury he will miss the first month of the season. When he recovers i believe he and Inoha will play in the center of the defence. Other players don't have much quality (like Maloča or Vejic) or they are still young for first team football

Sorry if my english isn't 100 % correct :)

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

That's perfect.

Thanks for the response!

edit: Please try to update us on Inoha once in awhile. I'm pretty sure that people will forget about him since he wont be playing in a "western" league.

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

We will ;)

14. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

You really do use every occasion to bring down our clubs, don't you?

Christ you are sad..

Only players missing will be Mascherano and Messi due to Copa America.

15. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

I personally think it's a positive move providing he can play on a regular basis. Croatian League isn't so great but it's still exporting quality players to Top European Leagues every season.

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Derek:
    What kind of formation does your current coach use? I am not sure but I read that Hajduk's scouts were impressed by Inoha from watching the Asian Cup. If that's true, are they expecting Inoha to be a genuine attacking right back?

17. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Dinamo is simply too powerful at this point. They are financially VERY strong and its hard to compete with that. Maybe Hajduk could grab a cup like they did 2 years ago. But on overall scale last season was improvement. Even tho the second part was rather bad... but i guess that more than decent European run makes it up for it.

They now have new president, new board, new coach and lots of new players.

They sold some very average players and signed bunch of new ones who they think can replace those. Inoha being one of them.

He should be starter. They want to sign 2 experienced Croatian internationals as well (Stipe Pletikosa and Joe Šimunić) so their back four might be decent. On left back they'll have their new Portuguese player Lima, as center back former Aussie international Milicevic and on right back Inoha.

Their starting midfield should be Andrić (experienced former Cro international and their captain), Anas Sharbini (offensive left midfielder), Krešo Ljubičić (central mid.. if fit) and perhaps young Aussie player Steven Luštica.. but since Balakov still didn't explicitly say which system they will use they might play with just 3 midfielder which seems like more obvious option considering the profile of their players.

Up front they have Ante Vukušić who is probably best young talent in Croatia when it comes to strikers. He is heavily linked with big bucks move to Lyon this days.. but honestly i expect him to stay for another 6 months. Besides him they signed young Montenegro international Vuković and they return Ivan Lendrić from loan from Zrinjski Mostar (Bosnian league.. he was 1st scorer there last season). They also signed Danish player Nikola Saric from Liverpool but due to the fact that he didn't play for last 6, 7 months due to leg injury i don't expect him to make any kind of instant impact in first few months.

So.. Inoha should have stable defense with pretty static midfield and very pacey but rather small strikers. If he can deliver crosses "in space" and on ground he should get himself nice collection of assists.

18. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

I'm not Hajduk fan.. i'm Dinamo fan.. i just follow all Croatian clubs in Europe :D

But like i said in post above.. i expect Balakov to use 4-3-3. Their squad profile is made for such tactic.

Like i said.. their strikers are rather small and fast. They expect Inoha to basically get the ball out of their half on sides. They have been struggling with that in past season (ball raping, as we call it in Croatia). They simply lacked idea about what to do with the ball once they have it in their back line. That's why they completely changed their fullbacks for this season. If Inoha has at least semi decent pass and crossing. He should do good.

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Oh, understood about your sympathies ;)

And thx for the info. Didn't even know that Balakov is Hajduk's coach.

I am starting to change my mind about this move, but regarding us being sceptical, it's just that we didn't have success stories from the Croatian league yet. Plus, there is the simple fact that we would probably have next to no chance to see him in action. So, we are counting on you :cool:

20. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

I'll provide you with streams and highlights.. don't worry.

Like i said.. Croatian league is garbage.. but Dinamo and Hajduk are a bit above it. If we could we'd move away from it in a second.

Something like Celtic and Rangers in SPL. We're hostages of our own leagues :D

21. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia

Our coach Balakov said that he will use Inoha in the centre of the defence, not on the right back position. Our new signing James will play there.
    I think that Balakov will play 4-4-1-1 formation, and we are still on the market for another centre back and for creative midfielder

22. DerekTrotter

DerekTrotter Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

4-4-1-1? With who? You lack midfielders as it is now.. Krešo Ljubićić was released/sold as well.

As for James.. he's not really starting material.. i've seen plently of his games for NK Zagreb. He's average as it gets. If Joe joins or they get some better cb Inoha will be right back for sure..

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Where the F. did I say anything negative here.
    Seriously, dude you are the one with the problem not me.

Also to help you out:

The players who WILL NOT 99,9% play for Barca against Hajduk:

Adriano
    Alves
    Mascherano
    Messi
    Milito
    Puyol

Also you can expect Barcelona to mostly play with younger players and that if players like Xavi, Pique, Iniesta etc play, that they will most probably play max one half time.

Which basically is what I said when, I quote myself, said: we should not expect to see all the best Barca's players

But yeah someone has been all jumpy on my posts lately so...

P.S. Don't answer this one too Derek, you made a promise :p

24. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia

Marin is sold Krešo is still with us :) in our friendlies in Hercegovina we played in that formation.

Well, James is currently our first choice for right back, he played well in friendly matches... of course if Joe comes it would mean that Inoha will be moved to right back but that transfer is not realistic at the moment.

Currently this is our best eleven:

Subašić

James Inoha Miličević Lima

Tomasov/Oremuš Andrić K. Ljubičić Anas

Vuković

Vukušić

25. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005

This is one of those threads where you're left feeling you haven't learned anything after reading all but in reality you've accummulated quite a lot of knowledge...