2011/12 Eiji Kawashima @ Lierse SK (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not totally true

Inter needed someone they got Handanovič, now Udinese would use one, Dortmund has a liability as a GK and so on...

2. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squad...i-via-pre-ritiro-bruseschi-911736496284.shtml
    This Gazzetta article mentions that Brkic will be promoted to main GK for the upcoming season.
    Which is truly a pity because Udinese is probably one of the best environments around to test yourself at a competitive level- they qualified to the preliminary round of the next CL, and yet they suffer from no media pressure at all (Italian pundits only care to mention Inter, Milan and Juventus..)

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is not "promoted" lol, he was on loan as first GK for Siena (and he was really good to be fair). Since Handanovic is gone to Inter, it's natural that he will be the GK now.

Whispered11 repped this.
  4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    At least here in Italy (and in England imo) none trust in a japanese gk.

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    apart from the fact that Kawaguchi was given a chance in England?
    Give me a call when we'll see a japanese GK in Spain or France?

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's ridicolous no one dare to buy him.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Kawaguchi IS the reason cuz Eiji will never play in the EPL...

8. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    rumour ; to Besiktas. according to www.gva.be

9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Better than Belgian League.

10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Indeed

Besiktas is in need of a good GK

11. _katsukun_

_katsukun_ Member

n/a
    Japan
    Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Doubt it... Maybe the top teams like Fenerbahce/Galatasaray are stronger (even doubt that) but I wouldn't say the league itself is much better. On top of that, Besiktas has been excluded from European competition for next season due to financial problems. Wonder how long it will take before he doesn't get paid. Oh yeah, that large scale game fixing scandal, that was Superlig too.

I rather see him go to Standard then.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sigh. Let's hope they get to the Europa League at least...

14. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Would be not the absolutely "top change" but remember how strong the team was in last European League.The went through the group stages without a defeat with 14 points...3 points above Hannover 96 as Place 1.

The went through the Round of 16 and draw the first game in the round of last 8 against Hannover 2-2 and loosing the other game 0-4. So you can say the have a great season even if they get on 4th place in the belgian league,that's not bad either. I was hoping for Eiji that he get a better club but Standard is totaly okay. You can't expect wonders from every japanese player even he is good enough for it.
    2-3 years ago it was absolutely rare that japanese players are getting abroad to europe and much more rare that they hace success.Remeber Kawaguchi ? He has veeeery bad luck on his europe journey and no lobby and Kawashima is there to change the picture from japanese goalkeepers.
    I think it's a very good move and he can be proud on his performances and maybe after 1-2 years (hoepfully with European or Champions League) he can step up a little more so nothing is loose,only a clubchange from a low club to one of the best clubs in this league !?

seolseol repped this.
  15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Your posts would really be better without the patronizing tone "see how far the small japanese have gone !".

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha, all right, I just hope that they get back strong, wasn't like that in the last season.

17. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry when you understand it so.I am a very big JNT Fan for sure =),so don't worrie. I have the greatest respect for japanese players and I only watch football as a german cause the JNT gave me a reason to watch.The funny thing is,that it was the friendly against Germany which ended 2-2 before WC 2006.I never watched football before,not really but there the outplay Germany so hard and they spirit gave something so me.

What I want to say is that I think that nationalitys must prove himself in europe .It's nothing bad I think,its normal,but said.For example...when the world was knowing that Brazil played a great football everyone wants a brazil player in his team,now brazil is (for his skills) not as good as 2002 etc
    and the number of their players are decreasing.

Now Japan is upcoming for the last years and you can see how strong and great the story for japanese football continues but the players can't do wonders,the need time to improve and prove himself on the european stage and they do great...nearly every japanese player in europe/germany is one of the best in his club,I think it's incredible great.
    Takahara my absolutely favorite player for all time was a great player and goalscorer but nobody trusts in him.It was very hard for him to play without any hard critical and then his grea time at Eintracht Frankfurt starts. Same for Inamoto,he was clearly good at Frankfurt,few bad games but many good games too. But nobody trusts in japanese which is a shame cause the nationality shouldn't play a role and I dont't want to start any rasistical statement,you must believe me.
    I only want to say that you need to earn respect and that is Kawashima do.He shows the World that he is a great goalkeeper and he don't even care if Lierse SK is a small club,for sure smaler then Kawasaki Frontale but he was ready for the challenge and he win's it.Now he goes to a good european club like Standard Lüttich (when it's really happen,what I think) and that's a great honor for him and I am very proud that's all.I never wanted to say that japanese players are "smaller" then others,the clearly don't have to hide.

I am really sorry when I made you angry @ Saku,that was not my intention.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'm never angry, don't worry.

19. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    What a moral officer he is! Now I'm happy too, GO EIJI! BEAT THEM ALL!!!

:speechless:

20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  21. _katsukun_

_katsukun_ Member

n/a
    Japan
    Jun 23, 2010
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Whispered11 repped this.
  22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nice to read what Standard's chairman said about him.

Google-translated: "With Kawashima we have a boy with an incredible attitude and personality brought in," he says in La Dernière Heure.

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    yeah it's not that bad, Standard were champions not so long ago. At least he won't get shelled every week because of his defense.

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Infact this is the right team for him to demonstrate his skills. No execuses from now on and I'm sure he will not need them.

25. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kind of irrelevant now, but last year he almost moved to West Brom, didn't he? Why'd that move fall apart??