(2011.01.25) AFC Asian Cup SF: Japan x S.Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AmericanKaka, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That experience from 2010 wc Paraguay PK certainly helped JNT going to another pressure packed PK shootout. Our 3 young asshole kickers couldn't get one pass kawashima.

I found out about ki's celebration after the match and that pretty much made us the bad guy huh? So the good guys won this time. What can I tell ya.

We Korea and japan probably won't play another game with this much on the line for long time. I could see us going to 2014 WC qualifying but since we were top 1-2 finishers from Asian region, we probably won't meet each other on a meaningful game until 2015 Asian cup.

Usually when you score that late, you usually win the game, but we were so unprepared on penalty shootout. Enjoy it japan, and sorry for being so honest, I hope you lose in the finals.

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDoAuY3x8o"]YouTube - ????????? ?????????????[/ame]

3. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Some stats from AFC site.
    http://the-afc.stats.com/acup/matchcast.html

-------------- -Japan Korea
    Shots on target-- 8-------7
    Shots off target---7-----12
    Possession-------57-----43
    Distance run----139----142

Japan has one day more to rest and Korea played 120 min in Iran game, still they run more than Japan in this game. It is true they have extra energy when they faced Japan!

4. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    My friend noticed that too... what he mocking our GK?

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    You're keeper wasn't too bad dude, he was excellent until the penalties.

6. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm not, research shows the best coaches in soccer to make an impact on teams do come from west Europe. Thus I think going to Holland, Germany, etc for a coach is a good move for national teams.

I do research on sport management, sport finance and sport economics, so I often blabber about stuff that most people on these forums don't give a crap about. Though Vasco secretly enjoys the stuff I recommend.

7. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I sure wish that the USSF would read your research and act on it.

8. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As a side note:

Japan's best showing at world cup was under Troussier (France) and Okada (Japan).
    Korea's best showing at world cup was under Hiddink (Netherlands)
    Australia is having their best showing at Asia Cup under a German coach
    I know Canada's best years in CONCACAF were under Osceik (the same German coaching Australia now) and a British.

Basically look at the top managers from Europe, they all come from a small pocket of western European coaches.

It doesn't mean that there isn't good coaches outside of western Europe, or that all Western European coaches are good, but in general, they tend to do better.

9. sixthheaven

sixthheaven Member

Jul 29, 2004

Japan is the "FC Barcelona of Asia"!!

10. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Its not my research, its actually the research of a British economist. The really sad thing is, despite this all being economics research, Sunil Gulati seems to ignore it EVEN THOUGH HE IS AN INSTRUCTOR OF ECONOMICS at Columbia University.

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    At 2:04, you can clearly see green grass between the ball and the goal side of the white goal line. Okazaki DID score that goal.

12. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    What I'd actually like to see is pass completion statistics, that's the true measure of Barcelonaness, and Endo alone would have brought that figure down by 10%, so I doubt it support the comparison.

Like I keep saying, Japan coughs the ball up way too often, in way too dangerous positions, to carry out the Barcelona/Spain strategy of "defense by overwhelming possession." Japan has no PATIENCE in possession, we try to do everything hyperkinetically and force it. That leads to spells of insane pressure on the opponents because we make their eyes spin with the ball zipping back and forth one-touch, but it is NOT tiki-taka, the pacing and spacing are all wrong for that.

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    I'm not too sure about that.

14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    [​IMG]

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Now you can be sure.

16. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Oh good lord. You guys too!

17. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    And I have no problem with that ;)

18. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't know, it could be the angle since the ball was off the ground, still don't understand why they dont have technology or cameras to check for this...

19. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Somebody hook us up with screencaps of the hot Korean chicks in the stands, definitely.

20. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Because it takes control away from the refs, and thereby makes it harder to fix matches.
    That is the one and only reason.

It would be pretty straightforward to do the 3D analysis of the goal plane with the software sports broadcasters have available to them nowadays. Hopefully we'll see it broken down by a Japanese show at some point, although considering how AFC has had the media in its pocket, perhaps not.

21. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Yeah, but no ones going on about it. It's not that obvious like how Manuel Neuer got lucky against England. I mean hey, it would of been sweet if we got that goal... but in the end we won anyway ;)

edit: sorry quoted wrong guy.

22. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I got only one pic (cute japanese girls) from the brazilian media portal UOL, it's just one, but...

[​IMG]

23. RipCurl

RipCurl New Member

Jul 13, 2002

He may insists that "I am Monkey"
    I'll report to FIFA and AFC.

24. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Bad memories from the Rangers supporters, I guess :p

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Pretty inconclusive from that angle. Not that it would change anything but we need multiple angles.