(2011.01.25) AFC Asian Cup SF: Japan x S.Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AmericanKaka, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I hope Korea's coach is as dumb as their fans and thinks they will have the advantage on the wings. We should absolutely slaughter them there.

Still, unfortunately, I don't think we have what it takes to overcome the Korean curse at the moment. If it were Tulio-Nakazawa back there, maybe a different story.

2. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess Lee Tadanari got his wish.

Why are Tulio + Nakazawa out for this Asian Cup again?

3. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It`s no question,Japan is maybe 1 or 2 times stronger as South Korea.On the paper,i mean from quality of the players they are with a very long distance the best team in Asia!?

Uchida,Nagatomo,Hasebe,Honda,Kagawa,Okazaki,Endo and so on....most of them are playing in Europe for good clubs and you can say they play from "good" to "awesome".Most of them are playing in the strongest Leagues of the World and can compete to most of everyone.Sure the inner defense is this time the greatest weakness of Japan (cause of injurys and less expirience) but no question Koreas defence especially their goalkepper is on the same level.I mean S.Korea has a weak defense too even when you got a goal against India who is maybe one of the weakest teams in the world at the moment.Another point for Japan is that S.Korea needs much more chances to score a goal and the don`t show such a great fighting spirit like Japan before in this tournament.The Japanese team shows that it doesn`t matter how bad the are playing sometimes,they can push a button and play like beasts when it`s important,the can win a game even when there performance is not the best.

Normaly its a guarranted win for Japan but you can`t say it this time because it`s a derby and world tournament,so everything can happen but when you look on all games since the world cup you see how strong Japan is.They never loose since this.
    No question ....there are more reasons for Japan to win then for S.Korea.I don`t want to say that S.Korea is bad,there very very strong,after my opinion the second best team in Asia after Japan but this time like I´m said before the quality and skills of the players are much times better.
    With Tulio and Nakazawa it would be much easier but its more then possible to beat South Korea this time.I think now is the time to stand up and show that the "bad time" against S.Korea is over.

I think it would be a hard but exciting game and let us be suprised who will win.I hope it will be Japan =)

4. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hi guys, i cant judge JNT's performance of this asain cup because i have yet to see them play for full game, but i can say we're in very good form. iran came ready and played their dirty style against us to compensate their lack of overall quality against us.

iran had absolutely had no chances. and i mean that. they couldnt clear the ball correctly, failed to put pressure and hardly created chances for themselves. well i do rate japan higher that iran.

the battle of korea vs japan will be won in the midfields.

endo,honda, hasebe and others wil have to win against our 5 midfield players of park ji sung, lee yongrae, ki sungyueng, lee chungyong and koo jacheol. we position them in pentagon formation and i have yet to see aussies or iranins kept pace for pace, pressure for pressure against us.

but few things going against are, one; japan gets a day of extra rest, unsure of the ki sungyueng's injury status and lee jungsoo, our centerback got his second yellow and will miss the japan game.

but im confident that we will win in close tight game with a goal difference of one.

korea 1-0 koo jacheol

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    What was his wish? I didn't hear about it.
    My wish is that he doesn't play in this match, he's not good enough for Japan (nor would he be for Korea).

Tulio and Nakazawa are both injured. And irreplaceable. It's hard to imagine a clean sheet against Korea for us without them.

6. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I seriously doubt it. Very likely to be a stalemate there with different approaches and types of players.

It will be won or lost on finishing, defensive errors, and officiating. Possibly not in that order.

By the way, I appreciate the non-trolling quality of your post.

7. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He said he wanted to play against Korea.

His wish is granted, partly.

Would be quite something if he did come on.

Wow what are the chances of two first choice CBs getting injured before a continental tourney ... unlucky.

8. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Its going to be a very tough match for both teams, I want Kagawa and Honda to be in their top form I think they will be a crucial decider on Japans performance, Honda has not been in top form lately so hopefully he will be decisive in this match.

My prediction 2-1 to Japan, I have a feeling Honda will score from a FK

9. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it will be unbelievably great story if tadanari gets the winning goal for japan. and terrible one for us.

that ethnic korean soccer players in japan documentary (korean tv MBC) that was aired couple of months ago made us better understand why tadanari decided to become japanese citizen and there are now koreans in his side.

and i hope he doesnt get one pass us.

10. I was Pacman before

Mar 6, 2010
    I predict ET than Penalties.

11. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I highly doubt he's going to come on ...

12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Korea has already creamed Japan twice before WC and Japan has only managed a tie against a vulnerable Korea when Cho took charge after Huh. Japan has found their scoring touch under Italian tutelage and improved players while Korea have found their new style under Cho along with depth in all positions from a talented group of 21 year olds brimming with goals, confidence ready to impress the Euro scouts who will all be eyeing this match. This should be a great match and likely match of the tournament and will go down in Asian football history.

Honda v Park is a key matchup. They may or may not be facing each other formation-wise but both players must fulfill similar roles for their teams. They have to draw defenders and create chances where none seem to exist. They must impose their presence.

The flanks will be won by Korea. Not only do they have EPL'ers Park and Lee on the wing, they also have Lee Youngpyo and Cha Duri who are both having a fantastic tournament in defense and offense.

Things are more interesting middle of park. Endo/Hasebe v Lee Youngrae/Ki will be a key matchup. Experience v Youth. Both teams have to win this midfield battle to feed their respective forwards and attacking midfielders.

My prediction is Korea, 2-1. They've been tested against better teams so far in the tournament and are peaking at the right time. The energy of the talents K-league 21 year old and the superior skills and experience of the Euro veterans will be the key. From Japan's perspective, the questionable defense will be the key to the match. The defense will have to weather the Korean attacks to allow Japan's efficient offense to capitalize.

13. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The above post has some sense in it but I can't stand the "superior" things.
    And Cha Duri's not fantastic in defense.

I think Honda and especially Endo must have the game of their life. Endo needs to be careful, the Koreans will press him like mad for sure, and they actually know how to press, not like the Qatari.
    One thing I wonder is every team has some kind of secret weapon. Qatar saved the Brazilian guy till the second half, Iran has number 8, Korean has number 8 and the kid in Hamburg. Japan has Okazaki, now consider he is first team, does Japan have another one?

Korea has the advantage in CF though

14. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Tadanari Lee?
    That would be a no, then.
    Japan team has no depth at all, in fact.
    I would kill to have Ono to bring on. Either Ono, in fact.

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    If you are right about this, and the chances of that are about 5%, then Japan truly has no chance to win. We have practically run our offense through Nagatomo. I expect him to make Cha Duri his bitch all through the match. Uchida might get caught out on a counter, but in attack, the only thing that can stop him is if his crossing is off. No force in Asia can possibly hope to pin back our super-sidebacks, in my opinion. They will run riot.

Korea didn't even have the best fullbacks in the match against Iran, so I'm not much worried they will be better than Uchida and Nagatomo.

16. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    LOL. I say this is going to be close and you come back with saying Nagamoto is going to make bitch out of Cha Duri. LOL. Good luck. Nagamoto couldn't dominate Cho Hyojin in October and he's never come close to being dominating against Korea. In fact, I can't remember any Japanese player ever showing any sort of dominance in any match against Korea, Honda was impressive in the October match, but I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions. :D

Unfortunately, empirical evidence isn't subjective and the only instance of anything that can remotely be described as "making bitch" out of the other team was the May 2010 friendly when Park ripped past Hasebe, Endo, Konno, Abe and Nakazawa in Tokyo.

Other than that all Korea/Japan derbies tend to be close affairs. :D But then again you think Nosrati and Safi were better than Cha and LYP today.

Personal belief is a beautiful thing.
    [​IMG]

17. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This game like all the other Haniljeon's (Korea/Japan) will be decided by a single goal IMO.

I think it was only recently (when Korea beat Japan 3-1 at the EAFC and the 2-0 May friendly win) where the winner of the match won by more than a 1 goal margin in a long time.

18. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thought LYP was suspended, cause of a second yellow

tbh I dont think Cha Duri can handle Kagawa and Nagatomo but thats jmo

Also Japan have not had a great record against Korea in the past few years, but the last 3 times they met they were all friendlys they didnt mean too much, but like Zaccheroni said, the past isnt a concern what matters is the HERE AND NOW

None the less it will be a match to remember

19. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm glad Iwamasa is in for Yoshida, I've had enough of Yoshida I'm glad in reality he's the no.6 CB for us. Two of the key things in our team have been fixed by external factors. Yoshida & Matsui's injury letting Okazaki start.

Maeda
    Kagawa---Honda---Okazaki
    Endo---Hasebe
    Nagatomo---Konno---Iwamasa---Uchida
    Kawashima​

If:
    • Kawashima gets his sh1t together and starts playing like he's representing Japan rather than some deadbeats in the belgian league.
    • Endo gets into his tackles properly.

Then we'll be fine. Key here will be running and so on. Japan have scored 4 of their 11 goals in the last 10 minutes of play. Korea against Iran were having troubles with fatigue etc after about 70 minutes, that was the only reason Iran looked any chance at all. However if we concede an early goal to Korea it won't be as easy to have some amazing comeback like the last few games.

20. splashadoodles

splashadoodles New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I feel that the problem with Kawashima is that he's not consistent? He can pull off a couple of really spectacular saves, then make costly errors minutes later (like in the Qatar match). Can be seen in his play for Lierse as well.

If we go to penalties..........

21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Then the third choice Makino got injured. Sick.

22. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Listen up, kiddies. I know this matchup brings out the worst in people around these parts, but the BigSoccer TOS still apply. Any trolling — from Japanese, Koreans or otherwise — will not be treated kindly. Keep the discussion to the match and report posts if you think they violate the TOS and let the moderators handle them. Responding to trolls does no good.

melonbarmonster, you're right on the edge of receiving a forum ban. I don't suggest you press your luck.

AmericanKaka, if you want to be a moderator, send in an application. If you want to start shit and try to beat trolls at their own game, find another forum.

Apart from a couple persistent shitheads — you know who you are — Japan is one of the best-behaved forums on BigSoccer. Let's keep it that way.

23. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Not to mention fourth choice (at least in Zac's opinion) Kurihara...

Anyway, I think it'll be a very even and most probably cagey encounter. With the talents and reputations on the line, both defences (especially the fullbacks) probably will be more conservative in their plays. I won't expect Nagatomo, Uchida, Lee Youngpyo and Cha Duri to bomb down each others' flanks like they have done thus far this tournament.

If Maeda is going to be any help at all in this match, it would be to act as a decoy to pull the centerbacks away for one of the midfielders to score. Most of us here have given up on him ever shooting on goal.

24. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  25. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And I wonder why OneiroPhobia didn't make match thread with his (collection)trademark banner...
    By the way, I don't think Maeda will start this match. In the friendly game with Korea he didn't create much but at least kept the ball well. He lost the ball too many times in Qatar match, it's not likely to be better against more physical strength Korean defenders.