(2011.01.21) AFC Asian Cup QF: Japan x Qatar [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Yea I know what you meant. Just saying they've been shit the whole tournament. I'm not really a fan of trick plays but yea, something needs to be changed.

2. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    he deserved it.

3. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Sounds interesting. Shall read it sometime.

4. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think many of you are wrong.....Japan didn`t play bad,not worldclass but good in my opinion.

You must see some things.Quatar is the Host of the Asia Cup...its every time hard to play against those opponents,doesn`t matter how bad they are normaly.

You can`t blame the Japan defenders like Yoshida.They have NO international expirience or maybe a little.Most of the starting defenders like Tulio,Nakazawa,Maki and so on are injured and the don`t play togehter...only Nagatomo and Uchida now what to do.The rest is young and would maybe never play for the japanese national team normaly.And come on guys 2-3 good chances for the opponent are possible every game,don`t think that you can dominate a game every time.

I think the second goal was very bad but not Kawashimas fault because he can`t see everything when you watch it again in the replays,to many players are in front of him and thats the reason why it`s looks bad.

For the reason it was his fault you can`t blame him too,he made some very very fine saves before so everybody can make a mistake.It`s typical to shout of the goalkeeper because everybod look at him when you considered a goal.But look....this tournament is sooo crazy and bad.
    I`m very very sure that this Asia Cup,especially the Japan games are very corrupt.I never saw shit like this,its a very big excuse for Japan to play in some parts of the games bad because some situations are sooooo unfair.
    Mistakes are normal in football but not so big and stupid refere faults and this in EVERY game.My opinion is that someone paid much much many for a loose of Japan or a win for other teams and i think after this asia cup the fifa would look after this.
    Those mistakes are some of the biggest in football history and you must see how great japan plays that not even money or referes or individuall mistakes can stop them to win and win and win. They show us how much the want the win.

It was a great game !?

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    We're a negative bunch because we're concerned for the team.
    I'm a massive Kawashima fan and I thought he was off his game. Just to let you know. It was a messy second goal, but seriously, he was in the box.

6. Wowbagger

Wowbagger New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Denmark
    Congratulations from Denmark, I just read a news report about the match, sounds intense! Good luck in the semifinal, you can do it! If your team can come back from being behind and a man down, and then win the game before extra time, they can do anything...

7. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I think the biggest mistake Kawashima made was not having 2 players in the wall.

8. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You see that Japan can come back everytime,doesn`t matter what happens in the game before...you should be proud and happy of this men.I was sooo happy when they win this game =)

9. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There were some mistakes but not that big my friend.
    Japan players have themself to blame for the goals, but I agree that the come back is great.
    Some players like Honda and Endo need too much time to get into the game, and sometimes I feel the formation of the team is kind of, unbalance, if you guys know what I mean.

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tdkBHLSi0"]YouTube - ???? | 10????????? | ????????[/ame]

11. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    btw what a great pass by Hasebe at the 3-2 ... imo Hasebe is one of best Japanese players of the tournament, if not the best

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I said that too. Too close to not have a decent wall. Plus if there is only an one-man-wall (is that called a wall anyway?) that's his corner.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hasebe looks much better in the NT than at Wolfsburg. His run which led to the (rather poor) Honda-FK was also awesome.

14. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yea from what i've read Wolfsburg fans would like him to play like that in their team as well :D :p but he plays different position in national team too

15. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Interesting note: Qatar had 6 or 7 foreign born players on the pitch tonight, and thats not including the refs, the keeper was Senegalese and Lawrence is Ghanaian.... ive never seen such thing in national team football, it looks more like a club football team, what a shame..... Qatar, They deserve to be knocked out of the tornament, they got what they deserved. Bunch of cheaters is what they are!

16. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Hasebe imo has been the best player in the tournament. He has been everywhere.

Matsuki from teleasa was saying we might as well not have a wall if we're only gonna have one and sure enough they score. Matsuki was great once again.

One concern I have is who to take out after we sub out Maeda. I don't think Zac knows either. We really can't afford to take any of the other 10 players off unless it is to put another defensive minded player on.

17. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    How is Old Steve at Wolfsburg?
    Heard he drew with Bayern last weekend.

18. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Matsuki was so annoying as always. I was laughing when he was screaming for a PK even Japan already scored the 3rd goal.:D

19. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Thats strange, I dont see a match rating for qatars Subkhiddin Mohd Salleh, Mu Yuxin, and Mohd Sabri Bin Mat Daud on goal.com. Wonder why??

20. titanicsmarty

titanicsmarty Member

Nov 2, 2004
    So I guess Zaccaroni passes the first test -- into the semis at Asia Cup, like Osim, Zico and Troussier before him. It's the minimum expected performance.

The second test will be to qualify for the WC.

Anything he achieves beyond getting to the semis here is a bonus, and then we can judge him on what he achieves in 2014 if Japan qualify. But I'm beginning to feel he might be the best of the lot so far. I think he's drawn an above-potential performance from a below-optimal squad -- if he can find the best squad and continue to achieve above-potential results, the National Team can really show it's worth, in a way they never quite managed under the previous incumbents.

Very happy today

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    • Qatar had half a dozen naturalised players with them
    • They had 3 refs also (when at the game, the little 50-50's given to Qatar were more blatant and infuriating, there were many.)
    • They played Japan with 10 men for half an hour.

......and they STILL couldn't win. Sweet justice, they didn't deserve a damn thing from that game.

This tournament Japan has had 2 disallowed goals, had 2 red cards both illegitimate, only the ref in charge of Jordan-Japan was relatively impartial (not the linesman of that game so much).

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRMH-ID5Wds"]YouTube - AFC??????2011???vs?????3?????????[/ame]

Foul, Foul,

pk, pk,

Oh we scored.........

goal goal

I love this commentary

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha sick. No freekick from those 3 situations. I don't think Japan would've gotten a penalty either. So lucky they scored.

24. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    YEAH!!!!!!!!! Japan fully deserved the win, I cannot blame on anyone "in Japan team"

Good to see the supports and sympathies coming from everywhere around the world including Iran, cheat opponent and referee is being anticipated by us (see first couple of pages) and definitely those Japanese team are also anticipated it... there is nothing new to us and to the team... it's just that has reach another level of ridiculousness

* Again, will Japan seriously propose the new East Asia Pacific Confederation or East AFC or whatever it is called (to only include EAFF ASEAN and OFC) to keep them away from these shit and unworthy tournament?
    Japan had done enough, this is too much

25. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    haha matsuki is great. The more and more I see it, what a pass from Hasebe.