(2011.01.17) AFC Asian Cup: Saudi Arabia x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    As if those factors will have anything to do with Qatar's inevitable victory.
    The best Japan can hope for is to play so well that the fixing for Qatar is so blatant and crass that it garners the attention of the wider world, in relation the World Cup bid, etc.
    Still won't change AFC corruption a lick, but it would be a moral victory

2. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
    [​IMG]キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!
    [​IMG]キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

Sunfootball repped this.
  3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am reading it too now. But he was there for the game still it seems.

4. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Defensively, they're NO WAY as good as Jordan. And Japan isn't Kuwait or China.

5. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    what is his best position in the midfield? By the look at his play, he is a central midfield type like Hasebe?

6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I liked Kashiwagi towards the end. He was anonymous in the 1st half but showed some nice vision at the end of 2nd.

Maeda is better if he just needs to hit the ball to finish the attack. If he runs with the ball he seems to take a moment too long before the shot, and a leg comes inbetween.

This match was over after the 2-0, reminded me of the match against Togo-C-squad. But good to see they kept on attacking.

7. Premiere

Premiere Member

May 23, 2005
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you want to mean corruption or something, you could put it better.

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I thought the same. He's good if he can hit it first time but if he has to take a touch, he gets it wrong.

9. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    + 1 :)

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Kashiwagi and Maeda are two "slow" player in a team really fast. That's something that really hits you.
    Happy for Maeda though, two quality goals. It won't prevent people from calling him crap, certainly supporters of Barça or some team always good, but whatever.

11. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    An attacking midfielder but he can play CM as well. A "number 8" rather than a "10" in its classic definition, more defensive player in comparison to Honda but much more attacking minded than Hasebe.

12. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I was thinking as the teams came out that I didn't think Endo and Kashiwagi would play well together. Sure enough as soon as Endo came off, Kashiwagi started seeing a lot more of the ball and he ran the attack a lot more. I would have liked to see Lee play behind the strikers instead of Kashiwagi since he would probably be able to link up much better, but if anything happens to Endo I think Kashiwagi would be a decent replacement.

13. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Yes, but Kashiwagi can speed up play with one touch and is really good at it. If You're reffering that Japan is a 'fast' team then it rather means that they operate the ball quick around every formation and it takes a lot of getting free position to place a next pass. And some people doesn't have to run much - one intelligent move can make much more than running half of the pitch.
    Very good point. Same situation with playing Robbie and him in Urawa.
    I also liked the man from Antlers more than their ex-player at the right back. And numbers likes him more too.

14. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Kagawa should be there... but then who can fill the left flank? Okazaki :) by the workrate he put on the team... looks like he can and is WILLING TO play anywhere

15. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    Okazaki moves to the left and Fujimoto plays on the right wing as he is used to do in J. League. ;)

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just came back and wow what a sorry night for Saudi Arabia.

It looked pretty bleak when the sold-out game had only 2000 people show up to watch, which to me sounds like an overstatement more like 1000.

I was mildly annoyed Japan took their foot off the gas after 3-0, it was VERY much like when Japan beat Togo 5-0, we were 3-0 up early too and double digits didn't look out of the question but we took our foot off the gas.

17. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    5-0 is as comprehensive as it gets in International football. I'm glad they stepped off and conserved their energy, but still managed to get another two goals.

18. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Ok, I know what you mean... so he is more like an offensive player who rely on long shoot rather than passing type of guy like Endo? Btw I like the way Endo play, similar to Pirlo (not on the same level though). But who will be able to replace Endo? Zac dont really bring any youngsters into the squad :(

I didnt have a close look at Kashiwagi while watching, maybe due to bad streaming quality and I should see the match again to know his playing style better

19. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thought Hosogai & Kashiwagi would be replacements for Hasebe & Endo.
    Regarding Endo, I feel he has his ups and downs inside a game. But what is not working at all are his FKs. They come in too low, like always. Hope he proves me wrong.

20. the_14th_redneck

the_14th_redneck New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    How can I watch the full game?

21. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In some Japan games from Olympics 2008 the commentator on my TV called Kashiwagi "a new Nakamura" for his left foot, and I kinda agree with that, except Kashiwagi seems more defendsive mind.

I always like left footer (as I am) and think Kashiwagi has potential to be good if he :
    - Improves his workrate
    - More consistent on his play (in 2008 he tried Hollywood pass too many)
    - Sort of his hair (can't stand his blonde hair, it's better at the moment)

And Honda will be world class if he keeps his hair black

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We don't need a replacement for Hasebe the guy's 27 tomorrow. Plenty of JNT career left in him.

Endo is great but the only thing that irks me is that he isn't physical enough in his challenges. When he was subbed off for the more physical Takuya it was very refreshing to see the CM do some good decisive tackles.

23. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Of course, and he's the captain.
    I meant as a sub, not a long-term replacement.

24. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    The closest comparison I'd make for Kashiwagi would be Shinji Ono in his younger days. Great vision and reading of the game, can hold the ball well on his own, possess a surprising turn of speed and defensively sound enough as well.

Now, if he doesn't get injured that much as well...

25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ono was way better than Kashiwagi at the same age. Don't get me wrong, he's good. But while his teammates do as fast as they see, he takes a lot more time to take a decision.

We should enjoy every minute of Endo because we won't see a player that good before several years.