(2011.01.13) AFC Asian Cup: Syria x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
  2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Re: (01.13.11) AFC Asian Cup: Syria vs. Japan [R]

Actually it says 1,533 "MILLION"

1,533 "B"illion truly does have an obscene quality :eek::eek::eek:

4. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Oops. In German "," is used as "." ... so my mistake.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I was thinking about this actually. Cause Kawashima has to attend a hearing to decide whether he should get a longer suspension than the 1 match ban. Why do I get the feeling the tribunal will have a similar "diversity" of adjudicators :)

haha Kawashima will be banned for the tournament hahahahaha

"Well chaps I think we're in agreement, a red card simply isn't enough here" - West Asian filled tribunal.
    ---------------------
    Someone please tell me that FIFA does this hearing.

6. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

It's an AFC tournament so there's no way FIFA will get involved, just as the AFC would be expected to keep its nose out of a J League disciplinary hearing.

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Disciplinary hearing...
    Isn't a one match ban enough.

8. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...campaign-that-brought-World-Cup-to-Qatar.html

Kawashima doesn't have a chance. Not if the Qatari FA think they now have the power to rewrite history.

9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

You know what - I think that Japanese FA should start considering bringing a second tier squad for this kind of tournament. If they're going to rule out Japan of the Cup because of incompetent Arab referees (who maybe doesn't know what's it like to whistle in a game where the outcome isn't decided before the start in their everyday work) that would be best option. Not including European based players in the squad for Asian Cup for example would show that noone is taking it seriuosly in Asia and it could really fast become a minor tournament, similar to some "Persian Gulf Cup" which nobody would give a shit in the World.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Why would he take more than one match ? That was a light foul, completely unintentional. Kwak Tae-hwi also conceced a PK, got red carded, and only took a one match ban.

11. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

What's the rule for straight red in this tournament? That's what it should be. Nothing more, nothing less.

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Aye to that. I don't understand why he's getting a disciplinary hearing.
    He got a card. But the conduct wasn't that bad was it? Or did he say something that offended the ref, or was it because it took so long to dismiss him?
    I don't get it.

13. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

The only reason they would have a case for making it longer is because it took ages for Kawashima to leave the field after he was given a red...but that would be really harsh since he just stood there in disgust and the ref never kept on telling him to leave.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Kwak did the same thing, took only one match.
    No need to worry. If ever they give him a two matchs ban, things will get serious but I don't think we'll reach that point.

15. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Did Kwak have to go to a hearing?

16. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
  17. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Thanks. We should be ok then...but we never know with these fukers.

18. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Agreed.

19. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

Its time for Japan to quit playing around and start playing the hardball games that these guys seem to enjoy.

"Either Kawashima starts against Saudi Arabia, or there is no match. We will forfeit, go home, refuse to recognize the results of the Asian Cup, and demand that the AFC refunds all the money to TV stations who have booked coverage. Any attempt to penalize Japan for these actions will result in an immediate legal action via the International Court of Arbitration for Sport, and Japan's full withdrawal from the AFC."

First of all, that hits these idiots where they live - in their fat stinking wallets. Second, it takes it out of the hands of the AFC disciplinary commiittee and throws it squarely where it belongs - in the hands of FIFA, as well as the global press and public opinion.

One thing that everyone knows about cockroaches: When you turn on a bright light, they all run for cover. Kawashima's red card would be rescinded before the guys at AFC headquarters even put down the telephone.

20. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

Matsu, you are the man and I am totally onboard with the thinking behind this total thermonuclear proposal, but the problem is that it would be a lot like a real nuclear war between Japan and, say, China... one side with zero nukes and one side with thousands.

Japan has NO POWER in world football. Repeat, Japan has NO POWER in world football. FIFA would not think twice of suspending Japan and all its club sides, and any player who appears for any sanctioned team, from all international competition indefinitely, if Japan went gonzo on the AFC. Japan would be completely isolated from global football. Now, that would be just fine with me personally, I dream that Japan would lead the way in saying ******** YOU FIFA. But Japan's TV and merchandise market is nowhere near large enough to make AFC or FIFA even consider loosening their grip in the slightest. Qatar itself could pay any conceivable losses to those entities from the Japanese market out of the sheikh's petty cash drawer.

The only country that could unilaterally pull off something like this is England, but the FA's incompetence and bad relationship with the EPL make even tha JFA and its self-destructive feud with the J-League look small-time.

Unfortunately, the record clearly shows that shining light on these particular giant mutant cockroaches just makes them chuckle briefly as they continue gorging on the lifeblood of the world's sport. If the hundreds of millions of dollars worth of naked embezzlement that are a matter of public record have not brought down FIFA yet, it is hard to conceive what will.

And even aside for the futility, there is the fact that the people who would have to be in charge of this kamikaze mission, the JFA brass, are some of the most muddle-brained and spineless stuffed-suits on the face of the globe. We're talking about men who cannot even manage to hold third-world nations to the terms for friendly matches they have been handsomely bribed to agree to. They are about as likely to accidentally discover cold fusion while making coffee as they are to throw down the gauntlet to AFC.

21. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

FIFA should seriously consider creating another Federation which include South East Asian, East Asian and Oceania ONLY. I bet Japan and South Korea would strongly agree!!!

Or to move to CONMEBOL (become regular nation to participate for the Copa America competition). The only setback is the when it comes to WC qualification, I dont think Japan would qualify there :)

22. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Well Japan's second round opponent could very possibly be Qatar...... So its almost a foregone conclusion what will happen.

i'm not really for splitting up the AFC, just i'm rather for the AFC being controlled predominantly by the east asian countries (Japan, Korea Rep, Australia) mainly.

23. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

That is a SERIOUSLY mistaken attitude. On the contrary, Japan spends more to support the AFC than any other three countries in the continent put together. It also generates huge crowds and big money advertising. If Japan were to pull out of the AFC, there would be a knock-down drag-out fight between EVERY ONE of the other confederations all desperate to get them to join. With the money Japan spends on the AFC, Oceania could increase its budget by 25 to 50 TIMES. Its your failure to realise this (and the failure of Japanese officials to leverage that power) that causes the problem.

Anyway, Korea is just dying for an excuse to split from Asia and if Japan made a threat like that they would have Dr. Moon on the next flight to Tokyo trying to set up an East Asia confederation. With Korea and Japan out of Asia, do you really think they could hold on to four WC spots? Heck theyd be lucky to get ONE. And the dominoes will just keep falling . . . Do you honestly think Australia would stick in a confederation with a bunch of Arab countries, if Japan and Korea were gone? Not bloody likely. ASEAN has even more grudges against the Arab Mafia than Japan does. China wouldnt even think twice if Asean was out of the picture. And Iran has been dying to slap the Arab Mafia in the face for fifty years. Heck, if the confederation split into east and west, the "West" would be lucky to even hang on to everyone west of the Euphrates.

The fact is that Japan has four aces and four kings in its hand, and the officials are just too cowardly to play anything except low numbers. It is WAY past time for Japan to start throwing its weight around. Nobody respects "quiet power" anymore, and the sooner Japan realises it, the better off they will be.

24. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

You got the support :)

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=859171

25. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

haha good point!! agree with your second paragraph too.