(2011.01.09) AFC Asian Cup: Japan x Jordan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Re: (01.09.11) AFC Asian Cup: Japan vs. Jordan [R]

I think Argentina will also lose face if Japan lose today... :)

2. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

勝ち点 just translates into points won. So had we lost, they would have said we have 勝ち点0 since we won 0 points. But I get what you're saying.

3. splashadoodles

splashadoodles New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Honda was a huge disappointment. More so than Kagawa. He never once looked threatening.

4. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Easy to identify but difficult to fix!!

5. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008

Do you sometimes play soccer yourself? If you do you should realize a defender HAS TO stretch his leg to block the ball at that situation. Occasionally that could lead to bad outcome but that's football.

BY the way, I wouldn't say that was all Konno's fault, but at least he should take some blame of that. He was totally out of his position and tried to "cover" Hasebe, that decision was absolutely unreasonable as none of Nagatomo, Hasebe or Endo lost their positions. If you go back watch the replay you should how Konno “helped" the Jordan play to get past Hasebe

6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

Why he wasn't shooting from left foot? The answer is simple - he was too close to the goal. He should rather try to bring the ball from the midfield. In this game when he got the ball on the corner of Jordan penalty area he knew he couldn't dribble the defense and shot so instead he tried to implement raids across the area from left to right looking for a pass but it was too crowded to put the ball somewhere and the play was in front of the wall of Jordan defense so it was difficult not make offside. As he couldn't pass he was forced to tow the ball to the right corner and he tried to shoot helplessly at the and from the right foot. Simply - they were trying to score so persistently that they forgot to create space in front of the goal
    He could really easily get past one of the opponents and that what he shows in his club. Irather meant that when it came to protecting the ball from the opponent he was (and still is) a beast. Today he wasn't using his best sides.

7. Mr Mug

Mr Mug Member

Nov 21, 2007

Japan did miss a few chances, but I didn't think there were many. The problem was so much possession but mostly doing little, I thought. So being more purposeful in possession, especially having clear ideas in the middle.

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Its not Yoshida's fault he stuck his foot out and hit him but he's got to be responsible along with ohters for being so slow to shift over.

9. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

Endo shouldnt do the slide, but he had to, coz that konno guy does not press enough and he gave a space to shoot...
    Even after Endo slide, Konno is the closest person to cover...

10. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Saudi Arabia vs Syria on now.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r1EbbHkNmc&feature=sub"]YouTube - ???? | ???????????? | ?????[/ame]

lololololo

12. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

He was only trying to block the shot. It's normal and sometimes goals like that happens.
    It was okay until Endo went towards Jordan player. That's why I think Japan needs a solid defensive midfielder (in the person of Abe himself) who knows how to behave in such situations, especially with this experimental pair of central backs.

13. xxiinini

xxiinini Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yea I wish Japan had a good tall, I guess we can say in this case, sky piercer no pun intended ;) as a striker. Just checked his hight (Havenaar) 1.96 m :eek: I knew his was tall but I guess I never payed attention to his stats, hope he continues to play well and be a member of the national team in the near future.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

A lot of players put in poor performances today, personally i think only Okazaki and Nagatomo had anything near a good game. It's ridiculous to blame Yoshida for the goal though, he did what any half-decent defender is meant to do in that situation, try to block the shot.

15. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

That's exactly my point... I am a fan of having 1 strong DM in a team, it is crucial

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Hirayama. Just Hirayama.

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

First of all if Endo was a defender he probably would know that he shouldn't run towards him but rather stand in the line and wait in case of fast running towards the goal opponent. And of course - not to be taken so easily down.

18. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Sigh...

19. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008

You're right. IMO Konno should play the position like ABE did in WC2010. The problem is we lost too many solid CB's because of injuries

Personally I never regard Konno as a real defender. I know he plays DC at FC Tokyo. But all of his moves on the pitch lead me to believe he is a defensive midfielder rather than a center back

20. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

I'm just amazed that so many people here cannot recognize what a horrible match Yoshida had. It just doesn't get much more obvious than that. I didn't have any strong opinion about him before today, but he was beyond awful. Just because he plays in Europe doesn't mean he's good, people.

At least we all agree that Endo sucked, including on the ridiculous slide that led to Yoshida's own goal. I say this as one of Endo's biggest fans ever since he was a youth player. He and Matsui are all-time favorite players of mine, but maybe they don't have enough left in the tank, based on what we saw today. Hopefully they prove that wrong next match.

21. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Yoshida reminds me of Koscielny. Its not a good thing.

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I told you guys.

Something is not right

I don't like it when Japan is considered a favorite.

There's just too much pressure.

Zac should have brought domestic players only.

Huge disconnect between European player and Japan based players.

There's no chemistry.

23. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

I had a feeling that this team wouldnt go far... or at least it wont surprise me anymore if they lose.

Same old song:
    1) There are numerous times that Kawashima has to make good save from the header. Japan are saved because of "one" fine header from Yoshida
    2) Nobody in Japan team that has physical capability to be a pure striker and really score

They need to work on something, physically

24. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

What do you guys think of Tadanari Lee? I think he could be good, he just needs a couple more chances. Didn't do much, but looked kinda promising imo