2010 WPSL Playoffs

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by Revs In First :), Jul 26, 2010.

1. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three of the WPSL Final Four teams set for this weekend's championships in Dallas. Boston Aztec (Breakers Reserves) knocked off the Long Island Fury for the East Championship; Midwest Champion F.C. Milwaukee beat Sunshine Conference winners FSA Freedom; Ajax America beat California for the Pacific crown; Phoenix Del Sol and Oklahoma Alliance F.C. play on Thursday for the fourth and final spot.

http://www.wpsl.info/news/index.php/?cat=1&id=1137

Side note: anyone else think it would be fun to have a WPSL/W-League Super Bowl with the two champs facing off? I know it won't happen, but it'd be fun.

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would be really great is to have a US Women's Open Cup, but considering that the W-League and the WPSL really don't like each other, it's going to be hard to make it happen.

3. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oklahoma is the 4th and final team. Go Aztecs!

4. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to head out for the matches yesterday but the heat (and the fact that I'm fair skinned) kept me from attending.

:(

6. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I attended three home SD United matches. Wish I could go to LA for that part of the postseason, but I look forward to next year's WPSL season. Never got to meet Sophie Perez.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    does anyone know this, why does it say sportsklubben fram on their logo and not something in dutch instead?

[​IMG]

8. Nacional Tijuana

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked that up on Yahoo, selected a listing for Fram-CQ soccer club, but that got redirected to Ajax America, which had nothing on that name. So I don't know.

ETA: Ahhhhh! There's a page that explains it: http://www.framsoccer.com/aboutframcq/index_E.html Sportsklubben Fram actually runs Ajax America.

9. beckham000

beckham000 New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    These girls need to get their games dialed in, play hard, and fight like women.