2010 WCQ: Group A: US-T&T-Cub-Gua [r]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by MoRado, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fernandolopez626

fernandolopez626 New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    haha that will be funny ass F^%&

2. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    schrutbuck said

I think the US will do it's part with some many youngsters fighting for a spot in the hex. The only problem for Cuba is that progession to the hex would be another defection opportunity :). Oh, an they would have to start playing decent soccer...

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Although stats and past results are interesting to look at, it doesn't necessarily mean that matches in this cylce, will end the same way as it has in previous ones.

I mean you say Trinidad hasn't beaten the US since 94, and because of that you give them no chance to win. But i bet that going into the opening day game between Guate and US, you gave your team every chance of winning even though they haven't beaten the US since the 80's. And then again, i bet you'll have hope to get something out of your last game with them, in the US, even though you've never won there, and have an overall record of nine losses and one draw.

Like i said, past results are interesting but this is football and anything can happen. Guate have as much of a chance of beating or tieing the US as Trinidad do.

Personally i would prefer to see Guate in the Hex. But to me, it all really depends on how well they play v Cuba. If you can get atleast a 2+ goal win, then to me, your pretty much qualified. But nothing is certain, and if anything, this group will be interesting to keep track of as it's second spot will most likely be decided on the last game of the group.

4. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Thats possible it could end up like that but will it? Naww dont think so son. The more likely scenario will be Trinidad beating USA 2-1 and Guate losing 1-0 in Havana. Then on the final day T&T winning 3-0 and Guate losing 2-0 to USA. The warriors advances. ;)

5. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    haha PRAY to all the reggae god for that!!!:D:D

6. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    Buddy aren't you just the predictor huh, you forgotten a a few years ago USA eliminated T&T in 1989? They just might do it again and as for Guatemala losing in Havana who knows way they played against T&T maybe? maybe not? You're being to biased in all of this man so I wouldn't talk cause you might be eating your words soon.:cool:

7. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Wasnt that almost 2 decades ago son? Recent history shows that Guate falters when in "must win" games and the warriors did the business when they had to. Am I worried ? naww I know the warriors will advance because youre going to choke again when it matters most against Cuba and then in Denver on matchday 6 you wont beat team USA.

8. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

We'll meet back here on matchday 6 after the semifinal round has concluded and we'll see who the winners and losers are. ;)

9. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    well if you think about it..when guatemala play usa it usually ends up in a really boring ass game were its a tie..i hate these but i want guatemala to play like this next game lol!!
    but yeah the game in mateo flores you have to admit we dominated more :]
    we gonna advance baby!

10. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    Yeah but it doesn't matter Son, Maybe you should be worried cause you might not even make it. What you don't seem to understand and probably ever will is things change, How do you know we won't beat USA? hmm? exactly just because results show in the past it don't matter anymore? you get that? you don't know so I wouldn't talk son.

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Guatemala has never won against the USA in America. As a matter of fact you have 7 losses and 1 draw on US soil. Make of that what you will. In the Guatemala game at Mateo Flores I guessed you missed the first half when Guate was pegged back defending for the most part until Cyd Gray got the red card and then tactics had to be changed for the second half which allowed you more ball possession.;)

12. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    You're kidding me right. You really think the US will lose to Guate on US soil? Maybe your just tryna give yourself a confidence boost or something. I think you know all good and well youre not getting any points in Denver which means you have to win in Havana. Youre under pressure to get a result there cause if you dont its 2014 for sure.

13. El Tanque Pezzarossi

Oct 19, 2005
    Canada
    Uhm you must be kidding me bud, anything is possible so don't say it's not. Who knows it can happen and no I'm not trying to give myself a confidence boost? Same thing for as of 2014 it can happen to you so don't flatter your self son, your team isn't that good to make it to a world cup. Say if by chance 50/50 you made it to Hex it would be to difficult for T&T.

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    But its already in the history books that T&T qualified for the WC. I suppose they werent good enough then too but they made it. Guatemala has never ever gone to the big dance. Of course I would like to see Guatemala qualify but not at the expense of T&T or Jamaica. I have to go with my teams first and foremost and experience, heart, grit and determination is what will see my teams get through to the final round.:cool:

15. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Changes to US squad for T&T

GOALKEEPERS
    Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 2/2 SO), Troy Perkins (Valerenga IF: 0/0)
    Out: Tim Howard (Everton FC: 6/5 SO)
    DEFENDERS
    Danny Califf (FC Midtjylland: 2/0), , Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew: 13/1), , Michael Orozco (San Luis: 0/0), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock: 5/0)
    IN: Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC: 0/0), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA: 0/0)
    OUT:Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 16/2), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege: 11/0), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96: 17/0), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC: 1/0)

MIDFIELDERS :
    Freddy Adu (AS Monaco: 1/0), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers: 19/4), , Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers: 3/0), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA: 3/0), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 0/0)
    IN: Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids: 11/0
    OUT:Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach: 5/2)

FORWARDS
    Jozy Altidore (Villarreal C.F.: 0/0), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF: 0/0)
    IN: Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0)
    OUT: Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy: 24/8), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC: 11/4), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 9/4)

*numbers indicate all-time World Cup Qualifying caps/goals

16. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the point is, it doesn't have to. Take your own scenario:

Even if all of that happens, with a Guatemala loss to the U.S., it doesn't necessarily mean Guatemala advances, if T&T can blow out Cuba at home.

More importantly, T&T can get through with a draw at home against the U.S.; they don't need a win. That's happened more recently and is even more likely if the U.S. sits some starters.

17. chapka

chapka Member+

May 18, 2004
    Haverford, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that's certainly more dramatic than I expected. I'm glad other forwards are getting a look, but I think it's a mistake to send Donovan home; we knoe he's going to be an important part of the team in the hex and I'd like to see him training with anyone new who might be stepping up.

This probably tips the balance a bit towards T&T, but it may still help Guatemala more depending on who gets called up for the last match day (for example, if Beasley gets left in Scotland).

18. fernandolopez626

Feb 24, 2008
    Los Angeles
    another thing that is gonna help us (guatemala) is that trinidad play dirty ass f^*%!!
    when they play usa..im sure one of the trinis will get a red or something AND!!
    im sure theyre gonna hurt a US player and he probably wont play against guatemala ...haha i hope they injure JOZY,DMB, ADU haha come on trinis play ur game :D:D:D

19. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Guatemala and El Salvador are by far the most dirty teams.

20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In this WCQ, if two teams end up tied in points, is the first tie breaker general goal diference or direct games between them?

21. aramada

aramada Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Washington DC
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Sorry to say, but NO ITS NOT AS SIMPLE AS THAT. thats why they play the game of futbol, to find out who is superior and will move forward. Unfortunately Guatemala has had 2 bad outings that i will point at as reasoning behind us not making the hex if we do not make it that far.

1. i could care less that it was the first game of the hex, but i have referred over and over again to the game against USA and i will continue to do so. Just in case anyone forgot, Mario Rodrigues was TORCHING the American backline, and we were playing superbly as a team. THEN at around the 60th minute a 2nd yellow was handed out to an American and the Chapines were going to be MAN UP, AT HOME, AND ALREADY PLAYING SUPERBLY. let me repeat that for those who have difficulty. Guatemala was applying force, playing ATTRACTIVE futbol. we're guatemala, we're not supposed to play attractive futbol! We were playing AT HOME, Estadio Mateo Flores, 26000+ going absolutely BONKERS for the team. Finally, and what gets me mad to this day, is the fact that we were going to be man up for A WHOLE THIRD OF THE GAME! the whole last 30 minutes were going to be played MAN UP! consider all of those factors and even a tie would have been extremely disappointing, it just seems as if that was the game we finally BEAT the americans in the past decade or so.

2. Home game against Trinidad. Once again we were man up, at home, yet that whole part of playing attacking, attractive futbol? WHATS THAT? threw that opportunity far far FAR away.

Listen, i am an american who supports GUATE and i consider myself a Chapin futbol fan before my other 2 selections, but if we do not make it to the hex it is OUR OWN FAULTS, and believe me i have no problem cheering for the Americans if we do not advance. BUT we need to stop pointing fingers, blaming the refs, and every other excuse imaginable. I WANT Guatemala to advance, but if they do not it is because THEY did not and we just have to face the facts.

if guatemala fails to qualify for the hex and/or any further the only people responsible for blame are la seleccion and their play. learn to take responsibility and accept when our team decides to play like horsesh*t. if guatemala fails to advance it is nobody elses fault, and thats the way the cookie may crumble

22. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Well its here. The day that we may know who will have one foot in the door for the hexagonal as the second best team in the group.

Guate fans you know what history has shown when you've been asked to deliver. You've always failed in crunch games. Will you fail again? Who knows.

Warrior fans.. you know that impossible means nothing. The warriors have been in must win situations many times before and have delivered when it mattered most. Will this team do the business again? I definitely think so. Thats what heart, grit and determination is all about. Lets get it warriors!!:cool:

23. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A part of me thinks it would be funny if T&T does beat the US and qualifies ahead of Guatemala just to see all the chapines starting angry threads about how Jack Warner paid off the US :D

24. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Youy do realize the inherent contradiction in your two sentences is as laughable as anyone supporting a team with Carlos Ruiz on it complaining about dirty play, right ? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, BTW did that US player Cabrera take out with the flying clothesline recover from it?

25. midknight

midknight New Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Paris
    Very well said.