2010 WC Draw - African Teams

Discussion in 'Africa' started by kwame_tdot, Dec 4, 2009.

1. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Groups with African Teams

2. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    We can do this.
    We can really do this

SA - tough group
    Nigeria - will go through
    Algeria - will go through
    Ghana - will go through
    Cote d'Ivoire - tough group. GoD, they will have to raise their game
    Cameroon - Can top the group, I believe they can do it.

3. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Surviving the group stage:

Nigeria, Ivory Cost, Ghana (but I am not sure)

Bad for Ivory Coast that they would face Spain next, the hardest of all teams.

Jerome Boateng meets his brother Kevin Prince Boateng in the Germany vs Ghana match.

4. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    you are not sure Ghana will make it but you are sure Nigeria and CIV will make it? I think Ghana has a better chance of making their group than the other two. Nigeria actually sucks so even though their group appears weaker, they still would not make it. They lack quality midfielders. Ivory Coast will need a better midfield to be able to overcome Brazil and Portugal. Their midfielders are not good enough. Drogba is great but he will not be playing aside Chelsea's midfielders. Ghana, on the other hand, have the quality midfielders (now, they have Udinese's sensation Kwadwo Asamoah; and Kevin Boateng may be coming too in addition to super midfielder Michael Essien and combattive Sulley Ali Muntari); the striking problem is getting better with Asamoah Gyan being the top scorer in the French league; Matthew Amoah has been prolific in the Eredivise this year. Go back to Ghana and Czech republic in 2006. Serbia to me reminds me of Czech republic.

5. Car123

Car123 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    US
    Nigeria has a good chance of making it to the round of 16

6. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Not if Cote 'Ivoire wins the group :)

7. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Two things:
    Nigeria may be weak, but they have a ver weak group and they are favourites to go through irregardless.

Cote d'Ivoire has good midfielders (Yaya Toure, Didier Zokora). The thing they lack is good creative midfielders but that issue is solved with making strikers play in midfield (Kader Keita, Gervinho)

8. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In your dreams.

9. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yes in my dreams.
    Keep underestimating teams you have not watched.

Same way you guys treated us 4 years ago.
    We all know what happened :)

10. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't play you 4 years ago from what I remember. If you're talking about the Morocco pre-world cup friendly, I knew how strong they were from the beginning. Or if you are talking about US vs Ghana, I knew we were underdogs in that one, too. Even then, it took a DIVE for Ghana to get past us.

I've watched Algeria play Egypt and you barely got past them, while we beat them 3-0 in the Confederations Cup.

But don't worry, we'll show you the respect you deserve.

What are the Algerian press saying about the US? Any 'infidel' or 'imperialist' remarks yet?

11. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    let's keep it at football please; we'll leave the politics for another day :)

I am from Ghana and if we rewind to 2006 you guys could not have won a game in which you have 1 shot on target.

4 years later, I will tell you not to under-rate Algeria. They are a strong side and they will run and run at you for 90 minutes

12. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    You are really a bastard! I hope they crush you.

13. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said we would've beaten you. But it did take a dive for you to beat us.

14. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    I know they will beat U.S.A. Take that to the bank.

15. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Yeah right? If you guys were so good, why did you lose 0-3 to the Czech republic. In addition, Ghana played that game without Muntari and Asamoah Gyan. This means the U.S played against a weakened Ghanaian team; and still lost.

16. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Maruti, Zikora is not good enough. The dude could not even make it in Tottenham. Toure is fine but consider the opposition. Portugal -- Ronaldo, Deco, etc.; Brazil -- Kaka and his compatriots. CIV have a chance just like everybody but they really have to be smart.

17. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    This 3-0 win over Egypt is nothing. The U.S lost 3-0 to Italy whom Egypt beat 1-0. I understand the Egyptians went partying after beating Italy. Moreover, Egypt is a somewhat overrated side. Algeria only had to play Egypt again because of an offside goal and the intimidation of the Egyptian atmosphere. I have followed Algerian football since my youth. They fell asleep at a point but they are the best of the North Africans. Do you even wonder Zindane was going to play for them but was rejected that he was slow at that time. The U.S is workhorse team. Their limitation shows when they meet skillful and tactical teams. Actually, i think both England and U.S.A may taste Algerian fury in the WC. In 1986, Algeria beat Germany at the WC. Was it not for a fix match between Germany and Austria, Algeria would make it to the second round.

18. MarocFAN

MarocFAN Member

May 18, 2006
    Morocco/Germany
    It was 82 and you are right they are the best in north africa right now.

19. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Ehh... since when is being sold for a profit to a bigger club like Sevilla after 3 years of being a key player constitute 'not even making it in Tottenham'?

20. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sevilla aren't bigger, hence why they lost Ramos to Tottenham and bought a player in Zokora who wasn't good enough. He's a mindless runner and half the player of Palacios.

21. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Yeah... and thats why Sevilla is turning heads in Primera Division and the Champions League with Zokora being the key player plus Zokora was a starter for 3 seasons for Tottenham.

It makes so much sense...

Sevilla is bigger. And better than Tottenham.

22. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    amen to that.. Zokora is big player worthy of a big team that plays in the Champions League. Players who have aspirations of achieving things do not play for Tottenham, they play for clubs like Sevilla. If Palacios is better than Zokora than Defoe is better than Fabiano? and Lennon is better than Jesus Navas? Sevilla beat Real Madrid some thing i guarantee you Tottingham would not be able to do. Sevilla will make a deep run into the CL and Zokora will play a big role. He will also be key when cote d'ivoire makes it out of the group of death and causes a stir.

23. Fatso

Fatso Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Maruti, the dude was not good in EPL. We used to laugh at him for running around like a chicken without a head. If you think Zikora can hold his own against the Brazillian and Portuguese midfielders, I don't think so. And i don't think Sevilla is a better club than Tottenham.

24. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Let's see... which team is going to play in the konckout phase of the Champions League: Tottenham or Sevilla?

Sevilla is the only team in Spain with an outside chance of coming in between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I'll drop the Tottenham issue. At international level he has been the more prolific player. Also at Sevilla he has been tremendous.

25. ronaldinh010

ronaldinh010 New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    that doesn't prove anything. Shevschenko had problems in the EPL but was one of the world's best in Italy. Henry wasn't particularly successful in Italy but set the EPL ablaze. EPL doesn't determine how good a player is. La liga is an elite league and Sevilla one of their best.