2010 US Open Cup

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by VioletCrown, Oct 22, 2009.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Amazing to hear that you are pointing your anger at me. Because I'm not a Euro Snob. This is the American Club Soccer Tournament. The American Open Cup that has been here since 1914 YOU SHMUCK! That means it's worth something. You never see the FA Cup champion play the UEFA Champions League. That's why we are happy this trophy is here & hopefully keeping a place to enter the CONCACAF Champions League Qualifying Round.

I guess you don't want to see DC United as the top American Soccer club in USA Soccer. Do you know what a Euro Snob is? Since you don't I'll explain it to you.

THEY HATE MLS, US OPEN CUP AND EVERYTHING US CLUB SOCCER! The only reason they support the National Team is our players are playing in Europe. They scream at the TV's in the bars that it sucks and it's not the EPL. Learn a little before you point the finger at us by accident.

2. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lets see How Many stars DC United has on our shirts???? and exactly how many the Sounders have???? ... yeah pick your chin up ...... like i said enjoy the lil crackejackbox trophy, lets see if you can actually earn something worth bragging about.

3. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like i said before yall delusional, yall want to watse time on a meaningless trophy that has nothing in stake in winning a championship in MLS be my guest. as for eurosnob, you might as well be Only eurosnobs would think to put the USOC or the SS above or at par with the MLS Cup, im sorry you cant be american sports fans, soccer fans infatuated with being part of some euro wanna team. Complaining about grass, and lack of coverage, and how American Sports are run, but at the same time yall arent being heard because most of yall are just silly...... so unless the Sounders, because sounders FC just sounds stupid saying it, wins the MLS Cup, along with the toy they "won" last night, then maybe theyll get some respect, only regular season cups and regualr season trophies satify eurosnobs.

4. Cal71

Cal71 New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Playoffs start in 3 weeks... Well, for one of these teams anyway...

5. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We have conferences and playoffs in MLS, too if you haven't noticed.
    That's not multi-dimensional. In football, we have multi-tiered domestic leagues, so have top division domestic league(MLS), multi-divisional domestic tournament(USOC) and international regional competition(CCL), and world championship(CWC).
    You become prestigious of prestigious as you win double, treble, and quadreble like Barcelona wining League title, Cup title, UECL title, and then the CWC title a couple of years ago!!! You don't have nothing like this in other American sport!!!

6. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think he doesn't even know what CONCACAF Champions League is...

7. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Say what you want, but...

[​IMG]

WE WIN TROPHIES BEEATCHES!!

8. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barcelona had earn thouse spots from the previous season, in a way their run is flawedbecause it took a acouple yrs to accomplish. Take a team Like the 2007 NE patriots went 18-0 before choking in the super Bowl. so being the best theroughout the season doesnt mean crap unless you can win the Big games. that same season ofcourse. Barcelonas effort took yrs to develop, because they won Champions league the season before just to be in the CWC. where the Patriots effort took one season.

9. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 Cups!! but no Championships??? ugly jersys too... Only a team a Eurosnob could Love.

10. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes that's even harder and much more accomplishment!!!
    Win everything for that long of duration!!!
    Proof of the ultimate quality performance persistence consistency!!!!!

11. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh no bruh the patriots task was way more harder, barcelona practically was just handed trophies, thats the difference here in america Championships are won thru the playoff, you truelly are more respected going thru the playoffs. Its stupid to have "meaningful" cup games during the regular season, thats a a joke. i guess soccer(onlies) people dont understand what hafrd work is. they dont understand how to compete.

12. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONCACAF CL is also meaningless because its not a post season tournment. if you on a playoff run why stop for a group stage game when you have the playoffs on the line. thats stupid.

13. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I feel sorry for you because he is one of your own. And I never thought I would hear this from a DC supporter. This is a major FTW!

14. Cal71

Cal71 New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ...and an Arsenal and Sheffeld Wednesday supporter too? Weird...

15. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    uh... there are different ways of competing for different types of competitions.
    Season is relative term and depends on how you define it.
    Why don't you just watch NFL/NBA/MLB.

post season from who's stand point?? There is world outside of USA. Earth is not the center of Universe.

16. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Obviously he doen't know what he's talking about.

17. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't feel like going back and cleaning up this trainwreck--at least not right now--but I have let a certain poster know that if he thinks the US Open Cup is a joke and has nothing constructive to say about it, then perhaps the US Open Cup forum is not the place for him.

18. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  19. SteamPunkr

SteamPunkr New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fSFl9ezZk"]YouTube - Relive the U.S. Open Cup Final[/ame]

Arlo's calls were so much more dramatic than the FSC dudes. It really adds to a broadcast to have announcers with a pulse.

20. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it would sound better in a american accent

21. DCUdiplomat96

DCUdiplomat96 Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Americas standpoint who cares whats outside of the US or canada for that matter, when it comes to MLS, seattle win the open cup wow, can they win the league??? thats what should matter

22. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    uh... we are talking about international tournament, so why only insist on US standpoint?
    What's so special about USA?? Why other countries cater to US schedule?

Do we tell other countries to play World Cup matches during the time when it's convenient for Americans' to watch it at prime in US?

Win Open Cup = Good
    Win MLS Cup = Better
    Win Open Cup + MLS Cup = Best

Any question on that?

23. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to Seattle on the Open Cup win. Isn't 2011 Open Cup Qualifying going to start soon for Amateur Sides in certain regions? We need a new 'sticky'

24. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    The only thing that's disappointing about that video, the editor didn't add Robbie Rogers blast that nailed the crossbar and out. Honestly if that shot goes in, it's twitchy bum time. But I did hear Arlo's call thru the internet and it was fantastic.

25. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an old NASL to USL-2 to now MLS junkie it is great to see what has happened in regards to growing our U.S. National Championship tournament.
    I got no love for the Rave Green folks but they did a Cup Final in the U.S. proud.