2010 CFU Club Champions Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by siebenw, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    That was the biggest crock of ... I've ever read I know this team cant be a good rep for PR.

Complaining about food and security... If you didn't punch a player in the face you wouldn't need it... stupidity...And you're the away team with a stand full of opposition supporters ... supreme stupidity...then to have the gumption to say that they're gona file criminal charges, well that just sealed it the entire team is insane.

The ref was from Jamaica how more neutral to they want him...

Let them protest, should make for a bigger fine, maybe ban them too. Good riddance.

2. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I know, cause we don't buy our refs who ever wins, wins because they deserve it. I never said trini teams cant win by themselves they are comparable to USSF D2 team, they are good teams, but playing in trini you got the ever present shadow of Papa Jack behind you want it or not. IS a curse you guys have to bear.

3. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    lol its not like we don't want to play elsewhere. I'm really glad we play in PR. The first round games for both teams were away and they won handily. The problem is no one else wants to step up to the plate basically we have a monopoly on hosting these games by default.
    Like I said Jack's too busy with his political agenda to really care about these games which is probably why we had poor planning, that was actually not typical.

4. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Funny thing is, I'm not mad because I wanted to see River do good, I'm mad because I wanted the Islanders to be the one that beat River, their our local rivals. LOL

5. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    So lets see...;)

6. DaSage

DaSage New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    San Juan Puerto Rico
    Knowing the professional aspect of River Plate first hand, I doubt they're lying (maybe exaggerating a bit) but violence IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE, even if you're the visitor or the local fans. When you have guys in the hospital, that really says something. I wasn't there, but I would say that the Local team is more at fault than the visitor, for not providing the appropriate security. Facundo Carizo was hospitalized and operated... that must have been one hell of a Stick...

And it really is sad... that a team is treated better in Curacao than in T&T...

---------------------------------------------

that said... I have the updated CFU Club Rankings List done.

http://futbolboricua.blogspot.com/2010/04/april-edition-of-cfu-club-standings.html

7. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The PR Islanders owners handed gift to the Racing player before the last match

[​IMG]
    Uber classy

9. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Have any of you all seen this incident, u are talking a bunch of crap based on assumptions here's a link look for your self

http://www.cbeanmedia.org/TV6NEWS_F...h_river_plate_afer_1-0_victory_2010_04_19.htm

Sorry to say both teams were in the wrong to be fighting in the first place.

But to blame the home team mostly or only after they were hacked and chopped down the entire game. WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS all river plates cards were well deserved. (AS was the red to jabloteh). The ref should have abandoned the game. It was played in extremely poor taste and I blame RP because they used intimidation and poor tackeling from the start.

Now some of u want to twist it around and put all the blame on T&T.
    River Plate instigated the fight with their poor play on the field and also were the first to start anything physically. Jabloteh didnt help by retaliating the security was there and they had to take drastic measures to get those thugs to stop......

What kind of idiotic team of fools would get into a full blow fight in an away stadium??? They're lucky this wasnt Jamaica or Mexico, they probably wouldnt have survived.

10. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa

Of course they'd say they were better treated in Curacao, they won there didn't they....

Look at the difference in reaction from the two coaches when players were sent off. The RP coach goes on a rant and gets himself sent off, defending the dirty tactics of his player.
    The Jab coach is visibly upset AT HIS player and actually smacks him in the back of his head.

Its a pity the video didn't show the first red for RP nor the start of the brawl. (Both some of the extreme lowlights for River Plate)
    Let me see if I can find that to show you.

I'm really sorry that the guy is in hospital but if u saw what happened he was right in the thick of the fight. What was he doing there, he should have been stopping it!

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Actually both team should just get banned from international play for a year and give the spot to Alpha in the semis. Also demand more security from trini government to prevent incidents from escalating in the future, I know in PR in the CCL we had a full contingency of riot police and dozen of regular officer on call, and will probably have it to a lesser extent if we host the final stage of this tournament now that this happened. Maybe even if Jabloteh makes it to the CCL again, make all their games close door as a penalty.

12. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    INTRU the security was there. Did you not see them on the field. They still had difficulty parting the fight, some guys really wanted to fight apparently. Plus riot police are usually placed by crowds not players, you can see the delay it took before they got to the field. No one was expecting the reaction of the players. Again unfair to blame the Trini government for the uncouth behavior of the players. I suspects some hefty fines and bans to come. Would be a pity if alpha got the spot they were easily the weakest team of the lot. Sorry to say but on play Jab deserved the spot and I suspect they will be in PR probably minus some players.

I know u guys wanted 3 PR teams to the CCL. To be honest I don't understand how u got 3 entrants in the first place....
    With all of this talk no one has mentioned the extremely easy passage the other 2 Puerto Rican teams had to the final round.

Uncle Jack??? hmm :rolleyes:

13. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    FIFA has been paying alot of attention to PR lately, PR becoming a strong futbol nation in the long run would make him more money and alot of problems did come from CFU forgetting to inform the teams on how to get US visas. Example Tempete filed for visas less then a week before their game when they knew for over a month they where coming to PR. Maybe River was just the sacrificial lamb.

Papa Jack works in mysterious ways. Remember you guys are already a costume to this level of corruption in the CFU and CONCACAF since forever, we are just experiencing it for the first time.

14. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

Maybe a hint of whats to come? :)

15. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Papa Jack strikes again, the games are in Trini.

HOWEVER, the incidents need to be viewed in different ways. The match itself, the footbalistic, and the aftermath. During the match, the ref was obviously against River and found every little chance to book them. However, the brawl should be attributed to the River players. Despite being provoked by the fans, they should not have acted that way. Also, it actuallly looks as if they are the ones instigating the fight. So I thinkl they are crying a bit too much, just because it is easy to use Jack Warner as a scapegoat.

16. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yep its floating around that the final stage is going to be play in trini, honestly does stadiums are crap compared to the JRL or the Sixto, let alone the new Central American Stadium, but that just had track and field comp on it so is not in any shape to have footy played on it.

17. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Its official, http://www.concacaf.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2030334,00.html

Its so ********ing hard to get game day info from trini

[​IMG]

18. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    Our stadia are pretty good. You can check them out.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=871022

The reason for the extremely poor field was that we've had a really bad drought the last 3 months. That more reason for the games to be played in PR. Then again if they're using the Marvin Lee Stadium thats artificial grass.

PR stadia are pretty good too.
    I agree they should play the games in PR. Its really sad they aren't.
    Would like to know the reason given. I'm sure none will be though

19. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Agreed it similar to the finals last year, Islanders where being kicked around by W Connection players but couldn't do anything about it, we had several injuries because of that game. And I think a player and Clarke were red carded, but nothing else happened as the Islanders managed to keep their composure. It was also one of does Clarke trying out retarded formations game. Later we found out that Tempete player really did a number on several of our starters and Clarke was scared they could get seriously injured in the final.

In the end Islanders won, we stole their best player :)
    On a side note the islanders are looking to sign Keon Daniel of Caledonia AIA the TT Pro is turning into a regular farm team for the islanders :)

20. iHaveAnOrangeItch

iHaveAnOrangeItch New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  21. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    yeah

22. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jSh9zXzow"]YouTube- Comunicaciones v W. Connection Highlights[/ame]

:D

And a Dominican to boot.

23. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The Islanders, Bayamon and the PR Fed presented a joint protest for the change in venues and time, it was originally slated to be played later in May and in PR. This brings larger financial strains for the PR teams.

Thats going nowhere fast....