2010 CFU Club Champions Cup

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by siebenw, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a "Caption Contest" to me. :D

My entry:

"It's ok. My team will be playing against the Canadians anyways, while those #^%*#@ Islanders will get Cruz Azul. Don't worry..."

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Trinidadian Pro League club San Juan Jabloteh has been slapped with a US$5 000 fine and their home venue has been put on six months probation, following an ugly brawl at the end of a Caribbean Football Union Club Champions match last month.

Striker Cyrano Glen, who was sent off in the ill-tempered affair against Puerto Rico’s River Plate at the Larry Gomes Stadium, was also punished for his role in the melee with a two-match ban and a fine of US$500.

This comes in the wake of investigations carried out by the Caribbean Football Union Disciplinary Committee after a match report was submitted following the April 18 bust-up.

Overall, the CFU dished out US$23 500 in fines to both clubs and players involved in the fracas which tainted the Group D clash that Jabloteh won 1-0 on a Jason Marcano strike.
    River Plate was handed the heavier fine of US$10 000 while their coach, Argentine Fabian Zermatten and five of his players were slapped with a total of US$8 000 in sanctions.

In addition River Plate had been placed on probation for the remainder of the season.

Zermatten was suspended for five matches and fined US$ 2 000 while Lucas Masilla will pay out $2 000 and faces a six-month suspension.

Jose Rodriguez has been hit with $1 000 fine and a three-match suspension; Raul Oswaldo Ruiz, a $2 000 fine and five-match suspension; Maximiliano Vallejo, a $500 fine and three-match suspension and Jorge Alfredo Gonzales, a similar fine and a two-match suspension.

Glen and the River Plate trio of Vallejos, Ruiz and Gonzales had been all red-carded by Jamaican referee Courtney Campbell during the contest.

Both clubs have 14 days in which to pay their fines.

http://www.stabroeknews.com/2010/sp...-as-cfu-dishes-out-heavy-penalties-for-brawl/

3. Trin

Trin Member

Sep 6, 2005
    pa
    LOL

Congrats to the islanders on their first CCC win.

Congrats to T&T for getting 2 teams to the CCL qualifying stage again.

Time for the CFU to get a direct entrant to the group phase I think.

4. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    x 2 :)

5. BoriQa

BoriQa New Member

May 26, 2007
    Ajax, Canada
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

Follow up quote:

What the f...????

My Team got Costa Ricans, Jabloteh got Mexicans, and the Islanders got the shitty MLS...

I really screwed up this one!

:D

1 person likes this.