2010/2011 Europa League and Champions League- French Clubs Thread

Discussion in 'France' started by Tsigalko, Jul 16, 2010.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i don't. what i'd rather see is reduced spots for spain and england!

for the 5 biggest leagues 2 spots for the CL, 2 for the EL, all direct. for the others 1+1. all monies generated go into a hat and come out 50-50 between both competitions and get spread as widely as you can negotiate.

let's break the monopoly held by barçenal and realski! make football a competition between clubs instead of between credit ratings! soyons fous!

2. Lispjan9

Lispjan9 New Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Lyon v Real Madrid! Hopefully we can have a repeat of the same match-up last season.

3. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Marseille - Manchester United
    Lyon - Real Madrid

Lille - PSV Eindhoven
    Paris SG - BATE Borisov

two tough draws in the champions league, one managable in the Europa League and one (one paper) decently easy one.

4. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    U my pal bro !

REVOLUCION !

5. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Marseille - Manchester United
    Lyon - Real Madrid

Lille - PSV Eindhoven
    Paris SG - BATE Borisov

WOW WOW WOW WOW :eek:

i can't wait

Round of 16 draw
    AS Roma (ITA) v FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
    AC Milan (ITA) v Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
    Valencia CF (ESP) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)
    FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) v FC Bayern München (GER)
    Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) v Real Madrid CF (ESP)
    Arsenal FC (ENG) v FC Barcelona (ESP)
    Olympique de Marseille (FRA) v Manchester United FC (ENG)
    FC København (DEN) v Chelsea FC (ENG)

6. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yup those are some tough champions league draws. If both teams can get pass their opponents, it should increase the glam factor of ligue 1! Yea in all honesty I think both teams can get it done, but i will take some great performances.

7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Manchester Utd good team but they only have 1 "star" and they arent a galaxy of stars like Real or Barca. OM have decent chance.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    OM-MU was a dull game. Neither team had great chances. You could notice how weak OM's firepower was as Ayew, Remy, Brandao did nothing. Imagine if they had Ben Arfa, Niang and Luis Fabiano how much better the attack would be. Defensively they played pretty well and Taiwo didnt even play. Shows that they dont need him for next year and Azpi will be around also.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lille goes out with a wimper to PSV. They didnt field their best lineup in either match. I think Ive given up on French teams winning this competition. They simply do not care.

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM-MU was one of the worst CL matches i've ever seen, maybe one of the worst matches period. everyone expected a closed match, but the technical level was shameful.

the lineup lille put on the field actually played a brilliant match in the first leg, and paradoxically it was only when hazard and sow subbed in last night that the LOSC floundered. so even if they have OL and OM up next in the next two matches i really think they wanted to win this. but after flying high all season, i think they're doing a lockerbie right now. i'm not saying they'll finish 5th, but if they do i won't be much surprised.

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i have to say guignol the only good thing about the man utd vs l'om was Rod Fanni he played a great game i really don't like the right back ...but he tamed wayne ronnie made good acrosses

1 person likes this.
  13. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon turn !

man poo looked like crap yesterday vs L'om

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I only watched the first half. I knew OM wouldn't pull it off. They had their chances but Gignac is not a champions league level striker.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    What makes it worse is that Luis Fabiano went back to Brazil for 7.6m and OM offered Sevilla more than double that amount last summer. Sevilla are idiots for not selling him to OM for more money and Dassier is an idiot for saying he'd rather have Giganc.
    I didnt bother to watch the match because I knew OM would lose.

16. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i wish all the best for Lyon tonight there going to need it LYON HAS A VERY STRONG LINE UP i have a good feeling about this game

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    now we are down to PSG there the last french club in European league

ALLEZ PSG!

18. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OM can lament their lack of offensive efficiency because that Man U team wasn't that impressive and there was something to be done in that game ; Marseille can indeed have some regrets.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I figured they had a 50/50 chance. I didnt have any problems with the way the substitutions were used. The only problem I had with the lineup was the way Jallet was used and thats was probably because they lack attacking midfield players. Seeing Nene work so hard and do everything and his conterpart Jallet on the other side did nothing was fustrating to watch.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So PSG-Lille for the Coupe de France, Lille will be in the Champions League and PSG will probably finish 3rd or 4th so theres no extra Europa League spot open there and OM won the Coup de Ligue so theres no Europa League spot there either. So I guess just 2 Europa League spots total then since there will be no extra spot for the Cup winner since one is CL bound and the other is either CL bound or will get an automatic spot from their placement.
    Cant say Im upset since past Cup winners were terrible in the Uefa Cup/Europa League anyway.

21. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    France have three spots in the europa league next year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_UEFA_Europa_League

since OM won the first cup another spot opens up for the 5th placed team, and as both PSG & Lille will qualify for europe without the French cup there will be another spot opened for 6th placed team. So it would be PSG, Rennes & Sochaux at the moment.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rennes would be ok since they always sign good players but Sochaux never sign any big names.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they practically never sign anyone but their own poulains. and yet they're usually in the top half of the table year after year (and decade after decade: before a problem period in the 90's they were the club with the longest continuous stay in the top flight).

besides producing lots of good solid players they always take cup play seriously and i think they'll make a good showing.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I do remember when Sochaux beat Dortmund.