2010-2011 Concacaf Champions League - [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Paul Calixte, Sep 2, 2009.

1. MLS Wandering Fan

Jun 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the TFC-Cruz Azul game last night and I was shocked at how well the Reds played against arguably the best club team in North America.

Eventually in the second half, Cruz Azul's quality started to show, but this will go down as one of the greatest wins in TFC history.

My question to the Concacaf experts is this: how strong was Cruz Azul last night? I am assuming that they did not put their best lineup on the field.

It will be interesting to see if TFC can put some good performances together on the road in this tournament.

Overall, great game and great atmosphere.

2. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Cruz Azul dressed five regular starters.

Although they dressed more regulars, TFC didn't exactly have its best 11 out either.

3. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article, although somewhat ill-informed (Pachuca-Cruz Azul comparable to Barcelona-Real Madrid? Chivas-America is the only rivalry between Concacaf clubs that even comes close), speaks to Cruz Azul's personnel approach to last night.

An interesting side note:

Torrado to Chivas USA, book it. :D That way, they can cement their reputation as the Bolton of MLS - as in, players see "Chivas USA" on the schedule and remember to bring their shinguards.