(2010.10.12) Friendly: Korea x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hmm Maeda is not off the race for the WC. He'll be 32, for someone with his ability in the box that's not too much. Besides, thinking for the future is great but let's not forget the present. We have an Asian Cup to win, especially if we wanna play the confederations cup.

Besides Morimoto needs to know that he won't play unless he's the best. Were not at the time when you're place is granted when you play in Europe.

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm open to new players. But I don't think Maeda is part of Japan's future.

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Me neither. But it's difficult to stop calling him after these two matches.

Would be great if Kazuma Watanabe stopped sucking and instead started to score again. I'm eager to see Nagai perform in J1.

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There isn't really much right now.

I think that if Mike performs well next season in J1 then Zac should give him a chance. Unfortunately all the promising young strikers that are actually getting playing time don't really fit the mold of the kind of striker we need.

Nagai would be good because of his size and scoring ability, but he has hardly played this season.

I'm sincerely hoping that next season Ibusuki either comes back to Japan or goes up a higher level in Spain. I'm really interested to see what he can do playing consistently at a higher level.

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's exactly what I feel. Reputation is defined by how well we do at a FWC plus occasionally big results like the Argentina friendly. Nobody gives a crap if we become asian champions except for maybe others within asia but we're already known with Korea as the top 2 sides in asia.... probably regardless of what happens in the AC.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I don't care about the reputation. It just helps you having more pressure and when you fail the first time, everybody will say "oh it was not as good as I thought it would be, this team was overhyped". Really, I'm happy about the current status and I don't wanna wait 4 more years too see this team win something or to live memorable moments watching the games. I do give a crap about us being Asian Champions.

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oh no I do care about it. Infact I'm going to be in Doha watching the tournament... Its just that for example. In 2006 JNT went in as current AFC champions. They then did poorly at the FWC so the europeans and south americans were able to come to the conclusion that asia's best did bad therefore asia is quite poor.

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    After the World Cup, the Asian Cup is our next priority. It doesn't matter if they are not going to be there 4 years from now. Take the players that are in form.

9. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think someone is hating because Jubilo beat Kawasaki Frontale. :D

Seriously, Morimoto needs more time with a club he can get more goal scoring chances with.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Who do you want see then?

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Above

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't know about Mike but I'm open for alot of new players. I've been saying alot of names that should've got one or two chances. But no. Players that have scored 11-15 goals for 2 or 3 seasons now. Kazuma Watanabe for instance.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Don't know about the big guys ... Ibusuki is most skilled than Havenaar, that's an evidence for me. The way he controls the ball, his runs, his vision are good. But these big guys cannot follow when the pace is too high. Even though he scored two goals against Korea, Ibusuki's match was over at halfitime. He just wasn't fast enough.

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can't Ibusuki be used as a target man? That's something we never had.
    Playing in 3rd div in Spain is clearly not enough, but it will be interesting to watch his development until London '12.

Considering that a few of our regulars will probably quit JNT after the Asian Cup or before WC-qualification starts, I really think 2012 should be the year when we should introduce 2014-prospects into the team. If one player stands out already then ok, but I would like to see players like Usami performing well consistently over at least 2 seasons - with a roster of core players like Honda, Kagawa, Kawashima, Nagatomo, Hasebe - I don't think that now is the time that NT-matches become massive tryouts like under Osim, not because I wouldn't like to see them but because there is a team hierarchy currently functioning very well.

15. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honestly, with the way Japan is playing now I don't believe it makes a huge difference, whoever plays on top. With weaker teams (Guatemala, Hong Kong, etc.) even Morimoto, Yano or Tamada could score, but when against top NTs, the forward is basically working to create depth and as post-player.

In Italy is called a "buoy-centerforward," and I believe it gives a clear idea of what he is expecting to do.

The reason why I'd like to see Mike is because I believe than more than Morimoto and even more than Maeda he is the only one who might have a chance at getting on crosses and head them toward the goal.

I think the only header-goal we had in the last eight games was Morimoto against Guatemala, and it was more of a quick-attack combination that a classic, long cross from the side.

As said in my article on goal.com, until we generate a Torres or a Dzeko, Japan is better off with a man up there creating space, and any of the five midfielder to come in for the finishing.

16. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice mid field play and also quality goalkeeping. The goal keeping in the last year has made a big step up in Japan.

17. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Some what late, but after game interviews

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D6i4P5DJzY&playnext=1&videos=T4UzsNOpPKg&feature=mfu_in_order"]YouTube - 2010.10.12 ?????? ??vs?? ??????[/ame]