(2010.10.12) Friendly: Korea x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Oct 8, 2010.

1. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea are expected to line up 4-1-4-1 against japans attacking 4. Their manager is trying to turn their side into a possession team like the Dutch or Spain. It didn't work particularly well against Iran. And I don't think its the right style for south Korea to put lots of emphasis on possession. Japan will press them hard if they try.

expect Tulio to replace Konno even though Konno was better than kurihara mainly. Oh and the Koreans have called up some giant striker 196cm.

U could make the logic that Korea lost to Iran, Iran got rolled by brazil, Argentina are on par with brazil, japan beat Argentina. Or that Korea were rolled by Argentina in the fwc, but none of that matters cause it's true Korea tend to step it up a notch when it's japan. Due to the nature of the last few games between them Korea will probably be favorites but if Tulio comes back itll be a damn strong team we're sending to Seoul

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Tulio, T.Honda and Okazaki out :( .

Or we step down.

EDIT : Kawashima out, Sogahata is called.

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What a "debut" it will be for Nishikawa!! :eek:

5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Right so now we're officially understrength. But Tulio didn't play last time anyway, neither did takuya and making the switch from okazaki to matsui is all fine or we can put Abe at DM and Honda on the right. Maybe Inoha will get a go. Hope Maeda gets a start.
    Hoping for this team
    Kagawa---Maeda---Matsui
    Honda
    Hasebe---Endo
    Nagatomo---Inoha---Kurihara---Uchida
    Kawashima​

Hoping for this instead of the alternative with Abe at DM cause if the Koreans roll out a 4-1-4-1 which is expected, then we can have Honda hastle whoever is at DM for them. Which will be an area we can control the game.

6. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well after 7 years SOGAHATA IS BACK !!!

7. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why Zaccheroni will not call players to replace Tulio, Okazaki and T. Honda?

8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kawashima: Injured
    Tulio: Injured
    Nakazawa: injured
    Okazaki: Injured
    Takuya Honda: Injured

i suppose that means in my formation there should be Nishikawa in goal my mistake.

Korea are expected to use the a 'fore libero' player against us for some reason. All part of some grand master-plan of Cho's to beat us. PJS and KSY are likely to be their central midfielders.

Cho was very complimentary to our team http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=070000&biid=2010101178518

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    We're gonna lose. That's written :) . The youngsters have also lost. We could lead 6-0, we would still end up losing 6-7. This streak is driving me bananas, it's spiritually tiring.

10. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I dont think that Japan will lose against South Korea , this is my opinion and not because South Korea is weak...don`t get me wrong. I thinks that S. Korea is realy strong but no compare at the moment to Japan.

The Blue Samurai will crush them hard...maybe a 4:1 or 3:0.It will be a hard game but a team who can beaten Argentina and Paraguay can beaten South Korea too....doesn`t matter if 2 or 3 starter players are injured. Japan have enough good players to fill this gap.

11. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Apparently Park Ji-sung won't play. The central midfielders will probably be Ki Sung-yong and Yoon Bit-garam.

12. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I have a good feeling about this game too but Japan is not the same team when they have to travel away from home.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Hmm ... I don't think so. Last year trip to Netherlands was nice as we outplayed them during 60 minutes then beat Ghana in one of the most epic games I've ever seen.
    The problem is more about facing South Korea. Home, away, it doesn't matter. We keep losing.

14. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mhh yeah when you play away its normal that a game would be harder but we see that Japan can play at this time outside as good as at home ....look at the WC at South Afrika or like Saku said, the game against the Netherlands or Ghana. After my opinion Japan has changed realy well short before,during and after the World Cup to become a very strong football nation for the next time and thats why im think that South Korea would get knocked out from the Blue Samurai.

Japans`s defence is to strong...the Last 7 Games showed that.They get only 3 goals in this 7 Games and all goals were very unlucky not like other goals when a defence would get overruned.

1 goal against Netherlands and thats because a goalkepper mistake. I think its not the world.

1 goal against Denmark and thats because Makoto Hasebe gets one time alittle to harsh into a fighting and Denmark earnd for that a penalty,so i think this can happen sometimes,nothign special.

1 goal against Guatemala ...and this goal was a perfect "Sunday - Shoot" it was only very big luck.

I think it would be a hard game like i said but nothing wat Japan can not handle because in the normal situation they hold against any attack.

15. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, we haven't beaten you guys at home for nearly 10 years (well, that's only 2 games mind you, but we did lose both) Somehow all the games we won were in Japan, funny enough. So there is kind of a home jinx thing going on.

Hope for a good game and I do suspect that japans going to come out more confident side (and with vengeance due to the previous 2 losses and yesterdays result) It'll be very tough. I call a draw, but can easily go either way IMO.

16. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My best guess for the starting 11: (4-2-3-1) Nishikawa - Uchida (or Komano), Inoha, Konno, Nagatomo - Hasebe, Endo - Okazaki, Honda, Kagawa - Maeda (or Morimoto).

17. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I just get the feeling if we were home and played the way we did, we would have beat Holland and comfortably beat Ghana. But yea, Ghana game was fantastic. When was the last time we came back to beat a World Cup participant.

18. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah you guys could win and on stellar form at the moment, definitely agreed there, but I strongly doubt a "crushing" from either side tm. If there is a winner I doubt it will be by more than a goal.

19. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kurihara despite his le-parkour skill and Konno worked very well against Argentina!!!

We gonna kick your ass, South Korea.:cool:

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You made a very good point!
    Keep in mind also that Holland's goal came out of a handball by van Persie!

21. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck Nippon.

22. Viking-KC

Viking-KC New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I'd LOVE to have a game against China right about now!!

23. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    4-2-3-1

Nishikawa

Komano