(2010.05.24) Friendly: Japan x Republic of Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Saku², May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    So ? What do you think about this match ?
    First, I don't like the idea. We're playing against the rival, in front of our supporters, we have to present an A-side and to not lose. This situation won't allow Okada to test some things and we are under heavy pressure ... Things are easier for Korea, they won the first match and they're away so they can basically present any team they want.

I just hope we don't lose. I don't think we're inferior, we have qualities they don't have and the same goes for them, so a draw. Make it happen.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  2. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Japan - Republic of Korea (5/24)

A Japan - Korea always a must see match for me :)

I don't think Okada want to test something either. He'll aim for a win, to prove his team strength and gain confidence.
    A lose could be disaster in this situation :(

3. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

For the next 3 warm-up games (korea, england, ivory coast), Narazaki-Nakazawa-Tulio-Hasebe-Endo-Okazaki will always play because its clear even to okada how good the team is when built around those 6. I have a dreadful feeling hasebe or endo will get injured against england.

Personally I hope Korea also do well (so AFC doesn't lose WC places) and a loss for either side this game will probably severely put doubt into the losers team camp. I can't wait because just before a world cup this game pretty much represents the best football in asia you can find in 90 minutes.

I think Japan will be revved up for this cause well.....this sh!t's about to get real.

I think a good win against korea (2-1 or 2-0) is probably needed cause the team needs to get believing that they can beat some of the better teams as I reckon Korea Rep will progress fairly easily to the R16. It'd be a good game to get Paul Le Guen a little concerned.

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

It seems like somebody always gets injred against England.

I don't think there's much to be gained against Korea. It's definitely a better preparation match than, say, Bahrain again... but that's it. Korea doesn't play like anybody in Japan's group, both sides know eachother very well, and nothing is at stake.

I'd almost prefer we play China with Abe, Konno, Okubo, Tamada, and Yano...

5. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

The goal of this match for you guys is totally different from ours. We all want to win but... this match will actually be useful to us because it will allow us to figure out who the last couple members will make the 23 member team for WC.

You guys have a problem with team confidence so its a must win for you guys. I can't imagine what would happen to your team if you guys get overwhelmed.

We are going to come in with confidence and if you guys don't play you guys will lose by big margins. I guarantee it. We are playing with one of the most talented teams in the history of the Korea right now.

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yea well that puts us one step ahead of you... thankfully Okada's figured that mess all out and got it squared away!
    [​IMG]

7. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Every Japan-Korea much should be a must win, for each team. The WC is three games away, I don't think anybody can afford to underestimate any game. If the federations did not want this game, they would have not organized it.

Japan too has some of its best players ever -- unfortunately also one of the worst coaches.

8. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I think this match is all about spirit for Japan. They have Ivory Coast and England to prepare for Cameroon and Denmark.
    Korea has easy tactic choice by the way, and they don't have to win by all cost, not like Japan.

9. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I'm curious, does the JFA have a sending off to South Africa ceremony planned for their team after this match?

10. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Every match vs Korea especially at home is a must win for Japan but personally, I could care less if we win this or not. I just want Japan to play well and build their confidence they severely lack right now. Of course winning the game would increase their confidence even higher but even if we lose, individual confidence would still go up as long as we play well. If we get enough individual confidence, team confidence will naturally follow. The only problem then is that the media and most of the fans will have a field day if we lose because most of them don't even support thier own country anymore and that will increase the pressure.

I know many of you will disagree with me but take the rivalry aspect out of this game, and there is no shame in losing to this Korean team, even at home.

11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I agree there.
    Honestly, though, I don't see the importance of this match.
    Japan's side is already decided (unfortunately).
    South Korea offers little in way of preparation for the WC (not because of a lack of quality, but just doesn't apply to the situation the NT will be in a month from now...)
    The WC is ~1 month away.
    Confidence building means *absolutely nothing* if they can't get results from the 2 subsequent matches. And lack of confidence will also mean *absolutely nothing* if they do get results from the 2 subsequent matches.

Nothing is at stake.

It seems to me that it's obviously more important to the Koreans since they're so obsessed with spinning how important it is to Japan here.
    Maybe I should wander over to the Korean forum to see how many Japan NT fans are over there spinning the situation?? But somehow, I already know the number will be 0...

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

Yeah I agree. Different motivations for both teams. I don't care if they lose this match, it would be good if they do, but I'd rather them lose and at least try play a good game.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

We're shaking with fear.

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

All of you are liars frankly.
    All claiming you don't care how japan go against korea.
    Yet I bet most if not all of you will be watching the game.
    If japan win lets all be honest here, all of you will hop on the World Cup bandwagon which currently is : me, nsato and saku

Confidence is absolutely everything scotch. An increase of confidence for Japan will absolutely result in a decrease in confidence in Cameroon if we have some good warm-up performances and we're already ontop before the first ball is kicked and could result in a good start.

Cameroon lost to Gabon, Egypt, drew tunisia and narrowly beat zambia only a few months ago. They have had very very little diversity in playing opposition other than their african counterparts and since the 2007 friendly loss to Japan, haven't played an Asian team since which Le Guen has been quoted to be concerned about. They currently do not have a set starting 4 backline. You mean to tell me that if you were a cameroon fan or even Paul Le Guen you wouldn't be somewhat nervous about this?

15. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I'm sure Cameroon is absolutely terrified about this match against South Korea.

16. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

We shouldn't have set this friendly in the first place. You do not play a friendly against your fierce rival just few weeks prior to the main event-the World Cup.

I hope a scoreless draw without any injury. That is a good outcome for both sides.

17. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I hate wishing injury on players, but if we're being honest... =/
    I hope some ankles are sprained.

18. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Scoreless draw is the worst scenario for Japan. Confidence in front of goal would be nonexsistant if it isn't already! I would much rather have a 3-5 loss.

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan

Nah, Saku is always over there. You should come over and join the conversation.

No one wants this useless match. We both could have used better prep against different opponents.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

I generally avoid any discussion that involves a Korean team, I let you guys discussing about your stuff :) . Plus I know I wouldn't be able to remain calm in front of some guys posts and since I don't want to bother ...

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan

Anybody making any scoreline predictions for the match?
    My guess it'll be 0-0 or 1-1.

I don't think it'll be a blowout for Korea as some have predicted regardless of who's on the pitch.

22. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I can agree that 0-0 would be a bad result for Japan. win, lose, or draw -- getting a goal from open play is important.

23. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London

who is spinning what exactly scotch17?

have there been a bunch of posts thats been deleted? or are you chasing your own tail here?

24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Ahh, yes, yet another Korean to tell us how important this match is to Japan. :cool:

25. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Hmm, watch the game on the night or just brew up popcorn and read this thread...