2009 Trucks

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Cabster22, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC
    What do you guys think of the new 2009 lines of trucks?

The 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, the Ford F-150, or the Chevy Silverado? Tundra/Titan?

I've been working with the Dodge Ram Challenge team, so I'm a little biased - but what do you guys think of the new class so far?

2. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Americans should seriously consider alternatives to fully-grown trucks like the VW transporter or Fiat Strada (yeah I am biased as well)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zxzm

zxzm New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Those aren't trucks. They can't do nearly as many things that full size pickups can. Despite all the Monday morning quarterbacking going on by those who read the NY Times religiously, there are many people who need full size pickups for their occupations or hobbies.

That said, go w/ the Chevy. They're the best engineered trucks in world, not mention the most efficient. And I say that despite the fact that my father spent 20 years as an engineer with Chrysler.

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looking at recent sales figures, not nearly as many people as the big three, Nissan and Toyota would like to.
    And what exactly can a Pick Up truck do that the Volkswagen can't besides climbing areas nobody should go with a car to to begin with?
    Partly agree on the Fiat, but it's still good enough to haul bikes or quads and do garden work with.

5. Cabster22

Cabster22 New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Washington, DC
    What do you like about the Silverado over the Ram (or the F150 or the Tundra, for that matter)? What I like about the new Ram is that the '09 model is so driver-friendly, with the redone rear suspension offering a smoother ride while not losing any of the truck's versatility. The interior is definitely impressive, and one of the nicest I've ever seen in a truck.

6. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The main use of a truck is to carry items not drive off-road. The one irratating thing about my Ford Ranger is that it had a 6ft (182 cm) bed instead of an 8ft (244 cm) bed & many large items were awkward to haul if I could haul them at all. I'm sure that's why people who need trucks for work most often use full size trucks.