2009 Singapore Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by happy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    You read my mind Pohui.

I was only just thinking yesterday with the pointless Sengkang-Balestir match on how things could be shaken up.

You should notice the Cambodian league which have a top four entering a semi-final stage. Although your playoff option would be a success i think.

One option to explore would be relegation, but where to? What is the football scene like outside of the S. League?

33 games in my opinion is now just to lumbersome, maybe a shortened down version to 22 with playoffs or a split with top 6, bottom 6, with bottom 6 playing for a two spot 8 team cup at the beginning of every season. Something used in West Asia mainly. This would keep the bottom half fighting for something.

2. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
    Yes, druryfire,

I must say this is a very BOLD initiative which is locally unfamiliar with, as the local fans are so used to the relegation dogfight at the bottom of the table and the title race at the top..

You may wish to take a look at some of the comments posted directly on this entry :)

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Yes, i had a quick look earlier, seems you've had a lot of feedback, of course i will give my viewpoint on it later tonight.

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  5. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
    The local FA still waiting for an official Black and White from the FIFA before proceeding ... but some of us been busy calculation the points gonna be deducted.. hahaha:D:D:D

6. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

SOS Cup 2009 - Singapore puts up strong squad to win back Sultan of Selangor's Cup trophy

SINGAPORE, 30 September 2009: A robust Singapore squad, consisting of seasoned players such as Indra Sahdan, Shahril Ishak, Daniel Bennett and Agu Casmir, will front the Singapore challenge for the Sultan of Selangor’s Cup trophy this Sunday.

http://www.bolasepako.com/2009/10/sos-cup-2009-singapore-puts-up-strong.html

7. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  8. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  9. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  10. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  11. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  12. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  13. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Singapore Olympic Team qualifies for semi finals

S'pore Olympic team coach V. Sundram Moorthy has picked out midfielder Shahfiq Ghani for special praise after the 17-year-old played a major part in the 3-1 win against the Thai U21.

He scored 1 goal and created another as well as picked up the Man-of-the match Award for his performance.

Hope his development continued to steam ahead

14. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  15. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    SAFFC on the brink of title,
    as DPMM remain in limbo.

[​IMG]

16. vanacvn

vanacvn New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How many players in U21 Sing taking part in International Under-21 Football Tournament - Vietnam Youth Newspaper Cup 2009 will join Sea Games??????

17. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I wld say none

The squad at Vietnam r too young w/ it more a U19 team so as to qualify for Olympic age if FIFA do lower it U21

18. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
    Warriors' 4th consecutive title

[​IMG]

So third time lucky for the Warriors with their victory over the Dolphins at Jalan Besar Stadium, thus sealed their fourth consecutive league title and another shot to next year's ACL tournament.

http://www.bolasepako.com/2009/10/3rd-time-lucky.html

19. vanacvn

vanacvn New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ho Chi Minh City International Cup: Singapore- Korea University 1-0
    Vietnam-Turmenistan 1-0

20. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
    [​IMG]

"Would you rather stay in the club that groom you, in order to be a better player, playing with the same group of guys whom you toiled together these years to achieve something in the end (unless circumstances beyond control)?
    OR
    Jump the ship when there's better pay offer to play with a group of established "stars" to improve your game?"

http://www.bolasepako.com/2009/10/stay-focused-boys.html

21. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  22. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  23. pohui

pohui New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Singapore
  24. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    So there you go, thanks to Kingsley's equalizer in the 87th minute of the 2-2 draw with Gombak on 2-Nov, Gombak United went on to complete a record breaking 2009 season: [​IMG]

- Best position = 3rd (beat 4th in 2007)
    - Most points = 53 (beat 52 in 2008)
    - Best goal difference = +20 (beat +14 in 2007)
    - Best winning ratio = 14/30 games (beat 14/33 in 2008)
    - Least losses = 5 (beat 6 in 1999, where only 22 games were played)
    - Most Home wins = 9 (beat 8 in 2007)
    - Least Home losses = 2 (beat 5 in 2007/08)
    - and perhaps a few more records that I may have missed out...

Congratualtions!! [​IMG]