2009 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by fc koshigaya, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wouldn't call Inamoto a failure in europe. Sure he was screwed by Arsenal, but I think its a testament to his character that he could get injured so many times, have so many set backs in his career, and still be able to play for a Bundesliga side.

Matsui is getting more time since Alain Perrin took over. He's injured now I think.

I would like to know why the hell Sho Ito is still in France. He is nowhere NEAR making the bench at Grenoble and he needs to get playing time somewhere cause he was the kid who was gonna be the japanese Henry and play for Arsenal or at least get developed there. But now he finds himself at an average French side not getting any time at all this season.

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree that Europe is not the best solution for every player. I'm just frustrated that some players choose not to try and play in Europe.

I partially agree that it is the coaches fault, but you also have to look at the player. If a player is not willing to make sacrifices and commit to training then what is the point of going to Europe?

I saw an interview with Nakamura and he explained his passion for the game and his willingness to try hard and succeed. This is the kind of mentality that I believe players need to go to Europe with.

Basesoccer, I can't believe that you said that Honda is wasting his time in a "garbage league". Playing in the Dutch second division is better than playing in J2. I would not say better than J1, but atleast his team is poised for promotion (unlike Cerezo Osaka) and he is gaining a reputation throughout the Netherlands. I'd rather see him score 15 goals in the Eerste than 20 goals in J2. Hopefully next season he'll get picked up by PSV, AZ, Ajax, or Feynoord.

I agree that many players who return from Europe are crap, but wouldn't you want to see 1 Nakamura out of 10 succeed in Europe? I mean if we sent 110 players and 1/10 were class then we'd have an amazing starting 11.

Something that I'd like to see implemented would be a system where each team sends a couple of there youth players overseas to study and train in either Europe or South America. I believe that it might help them in the future and show them how big the world of football really is.

If only the events in Captain Tsubasa actually happened. :rolleyes:

4. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  5. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm glad to see Okubo going to Germany. Hopefully Hasebe will help him adjust to life there and score some goals. I'm happy to see some young players trying out Europe and he chose a good club to join.

7. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm happy for Okubo! Hope he does well over there =)

8. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  9. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  10. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Didn't see that one coming, :rolleyes: Also, Roni is officially gone and Fukumoto's loan has ended, but he will not return to Oita as he will spend next year with JEF United instead.

11. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now, FC Tokyo got the best defensive winger
    Nagatomo on the left and Hokuto on the right

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Two lines to let you know that I am piking up with the transfer news after the winter break at www.japanesesoccer.net.

see ya!

13. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    And Tokunaga isn't half bad at all either...

14. Cythos

Cythos New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Yajima re-joining Frontale? Great news. But what make a starting forward at Shimizu choose to enter rotation with Chong, Juninho, Renatinho and Kurotsu? The ACL?

15. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The new signings continue to roll in for Gamba as defender Kazumichi Takagi joins from S-Pulse. Hopefully he can play his part in giving Gamba a defence that can actually defend, :rolleyes:

16. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It basically says that Okubo has joined Avispa permanently from Reysol and that he signed a 2 year contract to keep him at the club until January 31st 2011. :)

18. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    thanks mate!
    great news for us :)

19. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    holy crap Ibusuki (Girona FC, 17) is 197cm tall

21. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Norf London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never saw that move coming. Yajima wasn't really a starter at S-pulse anymore as Okazaki and Hara were both prefered over him in the later stages of last season. Not a very good move on his part, and i'm not sure we need another striker but he'll be a very good back up for us.

22. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
  23. Ishikawa18

Ishikawa18 New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Germany
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan