2009 Carolina Challenge Cup

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mister Obvious, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bsrosenblum

bsrosenblum Member

Nov 17, 2008
    NW dc
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    lol
    i'll be living in chucktown this summer. I'm waiting for the 2009 schedule to be released so i can block off dates i dont want to work. :)

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We also started hosting the away matches at the Madra Rua Pub. Hope we can continue that this year.

Let me know if you have any questions about charleston (the Battery and/or the surrounding areas)

mikey

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep Thursday, March 12 open if your are coming in for the Week.

Im working on a pub crawl in and around East Bay and Market Streets.

More info coming later but it looks like it is shaping up to be a great evening!

Im taking the whole week off work but you might want to start working at getting off on the Friday!!!

Happy Hooligan's Holy City Tour!!!

4. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Damn, man... I will be doing a crawl of my own... In Munich of all places. No worries, I will get down to see you soon!

5. SCFootballFanatic

SCFootballFanatic New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice....and i can walk home which is even better

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ManU Mike?

The guys (and gals) from Canada are a good group and will make this a ton of fun. Add in a couple Barra Brava and this will be a night to remember

Right now it looks like they have about 25-30 confirmed, The are expecting more as the date nears. I hope we can get a good number of Battery fans and some fans from the other clubs to.

Im desiging a special scarf, just for the Pub Crawl. Only available to those that join the fun!

Happy Hooligans Holy City tour!

7. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That reminds me... I still want to get a Battery scarf... I never picked one up when I was there...

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im hoping to show the new one off here next week. Hopefully I'll get it ordered soon after that and so will be here before the CCC.

9. USAUnited33

USAUnited33 Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys. I just visited Charleston for the first time less than a month ago. You guys have a great city. Im a DC fan but i live in Tampa, FL. It would be sweet to come up for the CCC. Do you know of any united fans who are coming down for the tourney that i could talk to to meet up with.

10. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David, I'm sure there will be plenty of us there - there is a thread on it in the DC forum which will probably get more activity as the date gets closer and people start renting houses and hotel rooms.

Art this point, I am planning to figure out how to get there the final Thursday afternoon for Mikey's crawl, then stay for the weekend games and head back to VA.

If you can swing the whole week there, I would highly reccommend it. We rented a house 2 blocks from the beach in Folly Beach last time. Had different people share the house for the two weekends, only a few of stayed for the whole week. Worked out nicely.
    There's another nice girl (bigsoccer name has something to do with weather) who lives in the Tampa area and likes DC.

11. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Mikey (or anyone who actually knows),

I see the dates run through Sunday the 15th - last time we were down there, they had 2 games each on Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday, have they changed that so there is a game on Sundays now? It could add an extra day of vacation if so :(

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you enjoyed your stay here.
    Im sure there will be a few DC fans, I know the last time they came down, there were about 25-30 that drank from the Cup. (bastards)

Regardless, you will be more than welcome.

Everything Ive heard is 7-14 with games Sat/Wed./Sat. alot of the RPB from toronto are staying until Monday though

The Pub crawl is shaping up nicely and Im already looking at about 30 with more sure to join in closer to the date!

I nearly have the "Happy Hooligans" scarf designed finished, just waiting on the last team to be announced so I can incorporate them onto the scarf

13. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where am I able to find the dates for the CCC? I checked the Battery website, but couldn't find any info...and no one's answering the phones in the office. Don't need specific match dates, but the general timeframe for the Cup so I can start making plans.....THANKS!

14. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey welcome to the Battery boards Shealy

the dates are mar 7-14 with game on (Sat/Wed/Sat) Nothing has been publicly announce yet but I have the dates on good authority.

The Front Office has been closed for the holidays but should be back opened up Monday.

come on over to our supporters group in section E10 while your in town and check out the Battery forum at www.usldiscussions.com

15. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will do and thanks for the welcome....I'll shoot you a PM.

16. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were open this week, because I was in there on Wednesday and we played on Thursday night.

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they put out something offical this week. quite a few signings announced by other teams. Lots coming up too. 2009 season schedule, player trials.

Of course im tired of the off season and just wanting any news, even if its just an offical "the grass is looking great" release

18. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it's not. We are not using the stadium ends now, just the center and they put temporary lights on the practice field, so we can still play 2 games at once.

The new practice field is looking great, got green over the holidays.

19. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    So now Austin is doing their own challenge cup with MLS teams...and nailed the Revs, Crew, and Dynamo

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to see other teams get a taste of MLS teams as well.

Carolina is playing the Revs on Mar 14.

The Aztex's three matches are stretched over three weekends. (Feb 28, Mar 7 and Mar 14) and just single matches.

21. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't they do this in San Antonio last year or the year before?

22. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a post on the USL forum, that states REAL Salt Lake as the fourth team for the CCC.

23. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got confirmation tonight, that it is indeed RSL.

24. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    This outta be a good CCC then. Hopefully some RSL fans show up

25. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be good to have a few RSL fans to represent them.

Im looking foward to a week of soccer. with Champions league. big EPL matches, tailgates, pub crawl, the Coffe Pot Cup back in contention and oh yeah a six live matches

it should be a great weel