2008 Sounders season thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by GOALSeattle, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    Sweet, thanks.

2. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy I would like you to contact and ALL your friends to contact for sections 121-123 is Eugenio Bafaro (206 381 7853). He is a ticket rep.

BE AT THE CHIVAS SOUNDERS GAME AT STARFIRE TONIGHT AT 7 pm!!!!!

3. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice blog entry there... good work!

Will be interesting to see how many of the MLS ppl who have not come out to a match so far this year come out tonight since there's MLS opposition.

4. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. SeattleSupporter

Aug 17, 2004
    North Sound Ultra
    Not that many...

6. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one that got Seattle through...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Taylor Graham can be seen just above the left shoulder of Thomas (#4). It was Graham who headed the ball that is just about to beat Guzan.

Photographer: Jenni Conner.

7. Wazzu Gunner

Wazzu Gunner Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Ballard, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is that the Sounders get to host two straight matches against MLS sides?

8. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they outbid the other clubs for those rounds.

USOC uses a 'bidding process' where clubs submit how much they'll be willing to pay to host a match. Usually done a round in advance, I think.

9. Crouchaldinho

Crouchaldinho New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    North Sound
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will guess more will come out Tue. Vs. the Wizards since it will be at Qwest. Starfire is a ways out for people up north. Last time I think we got around 10,000? I would expect the same.

What are the odds that KC puts in Josh Wolff for this game?

10. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    I'm not too sure about the turn out. Remember, the FCD match was the semis, and they had about three weeks to promote the match. This time, they get one. One advantage they DO have, over last year; 17k+ '09 STH email addresses.

11. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

Sent to MLS season ticket holder email accounts today...

[​IMG]

12. Ciscokid

Ciscokid Member

May 3, 2008
    Reno NV now. UGH
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I recall correctly, it was about 7,000-8,000 against Rapids and about 13,000 against Dallas. I hope we slip past KC and get a rematch with those cheatin' Dallas bastards. We owe them one.

13. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    It was 6,619 for the cRapids, and 10,385 for FCD. And don't count out Charleston. They feel they should have beat FCD, last year, just as we do, both matches going to extra time, and both finishing 2-1.

14. Ciscokid

Ciscokid Member

May 3, 2008
    Reno NV now. UGH
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, that Dallas crowd seemed bigger than 10K to me but I was so wrapped up in that game I don't remember much except the crowd seemed really active and intensely into the game.

I think 7-8K might be doable for KC.

15. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything less than 7-8K = very disappointing.

Would like to invite ppl to join ECS at Fuel (www.fuelseattle.com) for prematch pints. Some of us will have to leave about 6-ish to start setting up in 113, but things should still be lively there afterward.

16. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Can anyone give me any info on Rodriguez? Has he played in any games yet? If so, how has he looked so far?

Too bad you guys didn't sign Kenny Cunningham...he seems like a good prospect to me.

17. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rodriguez has played in four or five games so far... has generally looked solid, although the game last week against Carolina he made some mistakes -- got turned by his mark leading to a goal and then the whole backline looked awful the last 20 minutes of the match when we were trying to hang on to a 2-1 lead.

We saw Cunningham play against Juventus Primavera (their youth team)... was not particularly impressed with him that day. Got too easily shouldered off the ball by teenagers... can only wonder how bigger/stronger defenders at the senior level would fare in comparison. Also, he coped very poorly with the offside trap employed by JP... couldn't time his runs very well at all. Seems to have good pace, but at least on this day he did very little.

18. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Thanks. Michael Rodriguez might get called up in the near future to our National Team since our new coach Kenton knows him real well. He's a young solid defender but has had a lot of injury problems. Hopefully he can continue playing well so he can be part of the Seattle Sounders squad when they play in the MLS next season.

19. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be my hope as well. I think a backline which features him, Graham and Eylander between the sticks sounds pretty damn tasty. They've held two MLS teams scoreless in back to back games.

One thing I do worry about is their stamina when the fixtures get a big congested. :eek:

20. Seattle Soccer Show

Seattle Soccer Show New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Seattle
    Sounders player report cards for the July 18th match vs Rochester. What a terrible match to start a new player ratings feature. I guess it can only go up from here.

Check it out at SeattleSoccerShow.com

21. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Rochester match was brutal... worst home performance since 2006, maybe even longer than that.

22. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle's play has been pretty bad for weeks. The bright spot being the Chivas game. Even the KC game was pretty ugly to watch. LeToux is talented but he cannot carry this or any team. Unless something changes pretty soon..... the 6th or 7th seed is about as high as this team will finish. Eight draws is middle of the table or worse.

23. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA