2008 Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by chicagosoccer38, Mar 6, 2008.

1. defender17

defender17 New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    the wind must have played in another hispano league game again huh magicmom? did your 15 yr old get to play in this game or did he sit the pine.

2. so1mio

so1mio Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Lake Zurich
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    t'was a very very interesting game. Once again, Sockers forgot how to score. Easily should have been a 6-2 game. Playing with just three backs and seven forwards (mids never came back to help, at least not much) Sockers were quickly down on a weird play within minutes. But even after being down 2-0 in second half they still played with certain confidence and poise which enabled them to tie it up.

The game featured at least three red cards - none were given, and the most obnoxious parents that I have ever witnessed in my life. I won't say which team but both the parents and the players certainly exceeded their reputation.

Good luck to Sockers at the regionals. And good luck to the Fire Jrs. tomorrow. i hope they have great medical insurance.

3. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    CFJ lose to Eclipse in 16's :(

4. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    who won between sockers-
    wind at U16?

5. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Sockers won 2-1 in a even played game. It was very humid and you could tell from the sidelines that it was hard for the players to run. Sockers went up 1-0 and then wind equalized in the second half. A few minutes later, a socker forward beat his man and hit a beautiful shot over the keeper. Good luck to Sockers in the final.

6. defender17

defender17 New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    wind is dropping like flys, having a major melt down.

7. Gazoomba

Gazoomba New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    the wind blows.........now thats funny

8. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    Great job by Sockers U16s. It would have been a disaster to lose to a Wind U16 team that only had 2-3 starters from last years team. That was a good team since 8 of those boys are now in the Academy program. I am surprise that the score was so close.

9. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    You have to remember that the Sockers lost a few guys too. Also, the Wind got some new kids that performed pretty well, especially the kid in the middle midfield, he played some balls that opened up the game, I didn't see him on the team last year. To be honest, in the last 20 minutes the Sockers were scrambling, the score could have easily been tied, but in the end I think the better team won.

10. westhammer

westhammer New Member

Apr 8, 2007

WOW, JD's almighty Wind team/program taking a beating in state cup.....karma :cool:

11. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    Hard to replace MG, HS, and the rest of the gang. It will be fun watching the guys battle each other when the Fire and Magic Academy teams play.

12. jman14

jman14 New Member

Jun 10, 2007
    who won in the U17?

13. Around the World

Around the World New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    U15 Final means nothing to Fire Jr tomorrow. KCFC Rangers just won Kansas which means Fire Jr gets an automatic invite to the Regional just like the Sockers. :rolleyes: Should they ease up on the Camptons to get 3 teams from IL in the party? What do you guys think? :D

14. Scotch41

Scotch41 Member

Jul 31, 2007
    The Sockers also lost 8 players to the Academy program, diffrence being they lost them to their own academy program

15. justanopinion

justanopinion New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Ajax v Barrington in the final. Barrington beat FCU in PKs.

16. SoccerInterest

SoccerInterest New Member

Jun 7, 2008

17. westhammer

westhammer New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The Kansas Youth soccer website shows BVSC beating KCFC 2-1 in the finals...therefore the Fire jr's need to win..........:D

18. raptorfire

raptorfire New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Rockbottom
    Might just be kid IM talk but the Wind and Raptors are about to lose their best players to the Fire at current U14 age. My son told me that at least one very good NT boy from the Raptors is headed to LF Academy and the Fire. At least 2 boys from the Wind U14s say they are leaving for the Fire and that maybe more Wind kids to follow. Boys tell my son that at least part of the reason for leaving is the Wind coach who starts and plays his kid no matter what - even when the coaches son skips games or plays lousy. I hear everyone say that Wind team has problems and it could be sour grapes from boys.

It does seems the Fire are the team rising. It used to be the Sockers and Magic who would grab the best Rockford area talent. Now it looks like the Fire is winning talent from everywhere. A couple years ago we laughed when we played the Fire. Soon now the Fire might be the teams beating everyoene.

19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That would be highly unlikely. Not only do Fire of course wish to win a 4th straight State Cup at this age group (counting the previous three won as Naperville), but there is no love lost between Campton and other Illinois U15 teams.

20. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    Wow, that is very interesting. I did not think that there are really any U14 boys that are strong enough to play for the Fire Academy. Maybe a couple of the NT players but they will not be able to contribute much. I know a lot of early 93s that are much better players than almost all the late 93s.

21. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure that the players in questions are early '94s. Academies are turning out to look a lot like ODP -- early '92s for the '92 allotments, early '93s for the '93 slots, and early '94s for the handful of future slots. Ditto for Lake Forest Academy recruiting, which follows the same pattern.

22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Perhaps one of them occurred on the play where the Sockers player was kicked so hard in the groin, that he was hospitalized Saturday night?

He's OK after emergency surgery, but won't be returning to soccer for a few weeks.

23. Belgian White

Belgian White New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    If it is true, then it is too bad. Those boys been together at the Wind for a long time...since u-11?

VZ at Raptors is a great player and a great kid. With JS, MJ (a very good regional player)...Coach Louis is thinking ahead and building up the foundation with what looks to be a very strong '94 group.

24. Left Foot

Left Foot New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Again, too early to tell....have to wait to all 93 & 94 kids hit puberty.....

25. Pulse

Pulse New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    IL
    alot of players change clubs every now and then. if VZ is who I think he is hes good enough to play anywhere he want but i heard he was staying put and would drive to extra play with the fire now and then but keep with his current travel team