2008 Cauldron Season Ticket Information

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by SamPierron, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As was said when I was talking with Sam at CAB, the problem isn't necessarily the price of the Cauldron. The problem is that there is a ticket so much cheaper then the Cauldron, at least from a season ticket point of view.

2. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    The ticket is "much cheaper" than the Cauldron, but it also doesn't allow the freedom the Cauldron does. As has been already stated, there will be no standing allowed on the right-field berm. It's also probably a good 10+ feet further from the field than the Cauldron, and has a 5-foot wall as a barrier as opposed to a two-foot wall. Anybody who checked out the proximity of the two sections to the pitch would see immediately that the section in left-field to be bleachered in for the Cauldron will allow the supporters to have a much larger impact on the game.
    If you've ever been out to a T-Bones game, you know that the berm fills with families on blankets, which is exactly what it will do at Wizards games. This is clearly not an an environment fit for a supporter's section. It is designed for a wholly different type of atmosphere.
    The obvious reasoning for the price difference is that these are two totally different sections. One of which has fewer amenities than the other, the most important of which is permanent seating (that has to be installed, which costs money, which drives up the ticket price, but it's a small increase per game over last year... etc. etc. etc. We could go 'round and 'round in circles for days.).

If you went out to CAB last week to check out the seats you would have seen that the location of the Cauldron this year will allow the Kansas City supporters' club to have more impact on a game than any other supporters' club in the league. Indeed, in the history of the league. It's THAT close to the field. It's THAT close to the goalkeeper*. It's THAT good a seat.
    And it's a cheaper seat than the other bleachers (yes, the Cauldron-goer is getting a price break over other comparable seating. a point that somehow seems to be lost in all this) even though it is a "better" bleacher (i.e. has a seat-back) and is much more complicated, both financially and physically, to install.

*Imagine being Matt Pickens and hearing "Hey, Matt! It's all your fault!" from 700 people less than 15 feet away from you. Or being Nick Rimando and being reminded that you're four-feet tall for 45-minutes straight - and it feels like it's coming from the little man on your left shoulder.

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok first off we would be standing the whole time... so the whole seat back perk kills me. Second off if it so much work and money to build they why f-ing do it?

4. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The seat back is a required addition by the T-Bones to build seating there. It isn't the major source of the cost, as I understand it...the bigger expenses are the ground work and concrete (particularly the former).

2. After consulting with Cauldron leadership who were able to make it that evening, who unanimously indicated that they would not stand on a berm, and would be willing to pay the $18 bleacher ST price instead, we continued to assess our options on the berm. I should note that, in private discussions, many other members of the Cauldron indicated an unwillingness to stand on a berm. Others, of course, made clear that they just wanted the cheapest ticket available. After weighing all the options, management elected to go with building out the bleachers.

3. The T-Bones approved the installation of the bleachers with backs, but not the other options we proposed.

4. After assessing the costs and benefits, Wizards management set the price where selling out the section with season tickets for two seasons would be, essentially, break-even. Of course, it'll be a blended price of season ticket, groups and walkup, which is probably a wash, and we aren't going to sell it out every game, so it will likely be a net loss.

5. We're charging less for the Cauldron bleachers than we are for the regular bleachers in recognition that the Cauldron does a lot that doesn't directly appear on the bottom line, including in-game atmosphere and outreach activities.

If anyone would like to volunteer professional services to assist in building out seating amenable to the T-Bones, I'm sure a trade can be arranged.

5. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're correct Dave, I can't imagine how I would have confused that a statement such as having been "bent over" by the Front Office could have possibly come from you. However, based on your quote above, nobody has any confidence in anything you say as well, since your posts typically contain false assumptions, mis-statements, and out-right lies.

I am done with this pointless "discussion" with you. You have, repeatedly show your disdain for the Leadership Group and our ability to lead the section. You have no desire to be a part of the the solution, happy to simply point out everyones mis-steps. I have posted what I feel are the pros and cons of the new section for the group. Keep in mind, there was a lot of complaining at the beginning of last season about our change of section at Arrowhead. That worked out pretty well I think.

Just to reiterate, I am done "conversing" with you on this subject.

6. SamPierron

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly. Well put.

7. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    To accommodate the Cauldron. Simple as that.

Because the club wants the Cauldron to have an impact on the game. Because the club realizes that the financial loss they take in building the section may be worth it considering what the Cauldron brings atmosphere-wise. Especially considering the atmosphere desired when the new stadium opens in two years.

8. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow. who needs a defense when you're always on offense? i know you feel like you're being unfairly targeted, but isn't that what being an elected leader is all about?

9. SamPierron

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an 18-game package as opposed to a 17-game package.

It's $150 more to buy Cauldron tickets as opposed to berm tickets. Multiplied out over 3 or 4 people particularly, I get it, really I do.

It's a question of asking each individual 18 times, is the following worth $8.34 for the two hours of game time (obviously, the pre- and post-game activities will continue as they would otherwise):

1. A bleacher seat rather than a patch of grass or finding a spot on the concourse, particularly in case of rain.
    2. Participation in The Cauldron in-stadium.
    3. The sun setting at your back rather than in front of you.

That's it, for the time being. We're pursuing some value adds that may change the equation, but until that happens, this is what we're all working with.

If your question is a matter of cash flow, not the total expense, talk to me, and I'll work with you.

10. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true, and it's why I did respond a few pages back with my feelings, as Cauldron President, about the new Cauldron at CAB. I understand being the target, as it comes with the territory, and I have not responded like this with any other criticisms. My problem with this user is that he does not appear interested in criticism as a way to make changes, but as a way to tear-down things. It's just my opinion on it, but I stand my it.

And I do appreciate your feedback as to how my posts are being perceived. I will try to dial it in a notch.

11. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uhmm...i'm defending the new section by comparing it to last seasons price, the section from last year and this year should be compared and not the berm (though of course general discussion should take place...i'm not a knowledge natzi).

and i simply stated i understand why some people would go with the cheaper ticket, families on the way, here and many other excuses, uh i mean reasons:D

12. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he was backing up your post Jason :)

13. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ehh, been going through a lot of shit from work that has nearly shut down all my reasoning skills...more than usual i know:rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question on the game-day upgrade process that we're hearing so much about...

How exactly is it going to work? Are you going to just have to go up to the window and pay the difference in face value between your ticket and the ticket where you're wanting to sit?

15. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Maybe I missed something, but I thought the upgrade stuff was my usual baseless speculation.

16. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree - with a slight tweak of your comment. ;)

17. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea was tossed around when we were out there touring the sections and discussing options. At that point, it was nothing more than a suggestion made by our group (I think it was Mike). I have heard nothing from anyone in the FO since that initial suggestion. So, I would go with what szazzy said, as of this point.

18. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    You really should have stopped here with the admission of your confusion and your embarasingly crass non-appology.

It's sad that your personal bias colors your view so. At no time have I made a false assumption. I've only asked questions and requested information. Some, including you, have chosen to see that in the worst possible light, even to the point of falsely seeing malace.

At no time have I lied and I resent being characterized so wrongly and classlessly as such. My PMs and other posts on this board suggest you might be out of touch with some members you represent.

Again. I'm not the issue.

You are out of line. You don't know my mind or desire to be involved.

Until recent posts, any distain I might have held for leadership members would have been limited to one individual's behavior over matters long since passed. None of it had anything to do with you or this thread. The rest is your invention.

Previously at a social event I shared a business axiom with another valued member of leadership. If you can take that and meld it into distain, then clearly the problem is yours exclusively.

Leaders get questioned. Questions come to leaders regardless of past events. Most would choose to handle it more professionally.

Venting anger, making false accusations, refusing to own them and appoogize when you are clearly over the line, and repeatedly slandering honest men are all things you - as the elected leader of The Cauldron - have shamefully done to not only embarass yourself, but also lower the standing of the group by association.

David T. Schulz
    1996 KC Wiz Season Ticket Holder

19. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MOD NOTE: I refuse to leave supporter specific content on the main page that is no longer about conveying the final information regarding the package details. It has now become nothing more than a second guessing of a second guessing amongst Supporters group members. I'm moving this thread off the main board into the Supporters Section. You guys want to fight amongst yourselves, do it off the main board.

ADDITIONAL MOD NOTE: Some conversations may be better handled through the tools made available via BigSoccer. Private Messages - Use of the Report Post option - and Ignore Lists (by which mine grows every offseason and then I remove all come preseason when minds aren't as idle.)

20. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanks Beech. It really is ridiculous. Can you just delete the whole thread and act like it never existed?

Dave read what you wrote again and look in the mirror. Don't write anything on the mirror, just look at it. PM sent.

21. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from an outsider looking in.... is it me? or is Wizardscharter being a d!ck. ive read this thread and read where WC is taking an acusatory tone with Robb Heineman regarding seat prices etc, almost demanding to see the facts regarding break even pricing.

It just floors me that you have the owner of your team coming on to a message board to interact with the fans/supporter group of the Wizards and you have someone almost demanding that the owner open his books and show a financial break down. Bottom line on the "break even" pricing, you either will pay it or wont pay it, why does it matter to you if its in fact "break even" pricing or "break even + $1", you are either comfortable with the price or you are not.

You have an owner that is trying to open a dialogue in a forum that can reach many more fans than a simple meet and greet can and you have someone taking a negative, accusatory and almost confrontational stand.

rather than thanking Robb Heinneman for considering your input and opening this dialogue, lets all show up at his house with torches and pitchforks demanding that he open his books on "break even pricing"...

amazing. :cool:

22. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not just you.

23. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    This is funny. Even people that have never met the person in real life to get the FULL image of his treatment of others can see it just through these posts.

But dude, you're wasting your time and opening yourself up for attacks. Thanks for the input though, you are exactly right that we should be thankful that we have an ownership that will interact with us and hear our opinions. 99% of us agree with you, so don't think all KC fans are this way.